Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 09:50:20 am

TE

Started by secneahog, June 13, 2017, 09:19:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Glenn Beal, tight end from Louisiana, John Curtis High school, offered by Arkansas. 

Probably moved on from Luke Ford, now we're on this guy. 6'5 245 with a whose who offer list.

Glad to see Coach Smith is his lead recruiter. 

This kid can do it all also. Love how we lose a stud at TE, and simply go get on another stud from Louisiana, from a high school that produces elite talent every year.

Watch his highlight video, very impressive.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/glenn-beal-72689
http://247sports.com/Player/Glenn-Beal-85942

Derrick Munson running down Beal.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

I'm not going to hold my breath, but he'd be a great replacement for Ford.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 13, 2017, 09:20:52 am
I'm not going to hold my breath, but he'd be a great replacement for Ford.

I'm hearing there's a lot of interest from BOTH sides. As there should be.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 13, 2017, 09:23:06 am
I'm hearing there's a lot of interest from BOTH sides. As there should be.

It'd be wonderful if we could get him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 13, 2017, 09:24:20 am
It'd be wonderful if we could get him.

Yes sir,  LOVE seeing Coach Smith as his lead recruiter.  Love that he's from Louisiana and lswho doesn't utilize the TE spot well at all.

theshiva

If we can snag him, losing Ford would sting a bit less. Ford still should be a priority. He's one of the best in the nation.

Wildhog

Quote from: theshiva on June 13, 2017, 10:26:58 am
If we can snag him, losing Ford would sting a bit less. Ford still should be a priority. He's one of the best in the nation.

Odds of getting a de-commit to re-commit are very, very low.
1909/1964/1965/1977

RME

June 13, 2017, 11:57:15 am #7 Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:57:28 pm by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: secneahog on June 13, 2017, 09:26:43 am
Yes sir,  LOVE seeing Coach Smith as his lead recruiter.  Love that he's from Louisiana and lswho doesn't utilize the TE spot well at all.

I want to hop on that train of thought, but remains to be seen with a new coach in Ed O and new OC in Matt Canada. During Orgeron's stint at Ole Miss and his interim year at USC, the TE was virtually nonexistent. Last year at Pitt under Canada however, their TE was their second-leading receiver in receptions, yards, and touchdowns.

I will say though, in that photo Beal definitely passes the eyeball test.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 13, 2017, 10:35:03 am

He ain't coming back from my viewpoint, time to move on.

Hog in Iowa

Quote from: Wildhog on June 13, 2017, 10:35:03 am

I know it doesn't happen often and I wonder if UA is still actively recruiting Ford.  The TE position is one that I'm not worried about having inferior talent at.  I think we'll always be good there.  Hopefully, we can get another Henry next year.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

ricepig

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 13, 2017, 12:02:46 pm
I know it doesn't happen often and I wonder if UA is still actively recruiting Ford.  The TE position is one that I'm not worried about having inferior talent at.  I think we'll always be good there.  Hopefully, we can get another Henry next year.
I suspect when the coaching staff learns that you wish to "window shop" while you're on your way to Georgia, the trust factor is very low.

Seebs

RD made it clear when on the radio yesterday morning that CBB and staff make it crystal clear that they do not want a commitment unless you are sure you are fully in. Luke agreed to those conditions when they took the commitment per RD. No other visits, no other flirting, just be committed and work to bring in others.

RD said the staff would stay in touch with Ford but will probably move on since Ford broke that covenant.

Personally I would rather build a bridge to John Curtis High but in a perfect world I'd love to have both.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jackflash

like who we have at TE already would prefer to see a couple more LB  commit

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jackflash on June 13, 2017, 08:23:17 pm
like who we have at TE already would prefer to see a couple more LB  commit
Somehow we always seem to turn up short on LBs so I would definitely have to agree. And we're in the 3-4 now so we have to have plenty of bodies

Youngsta71701

Gonna be hard to beat out LSWho...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

jjdlc

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 15, 2017, 08:44:46 am
Gonna be hard to beat out LSWho...

Maybe, LSU doesn't have a good history of putting TEs in the NFL.  In fact, http://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/lsu/drafted.htm only list 2 drafted since 2000.

Hogs have 5 since 2010.

The Hawg Marshal

theFlyingHog

rljjr

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 02, 2017, 11:20:52 pm
He put WPS and WooPig. That MUST mean he's wearing a red tie

Well in the picture he's looking back at LSU and Bama like, "so long, suckers" and the Hogs are nipping at his heels. So yeah, with the WPS and the WooPig along with the Red Tie we are in like Flynn.

zane

Quote from: rljjr on July 03, 2017, 08:27:03 am
Well in the picture he's looking back at LSU and Bama like, "so long, suckers" and the Hogs are nipping at his heels. So yeah, with the WPS and the WooPig along with the Red Tie we are in like Flynn.

Let the crystal balls start rolling in!
RIP LSUfan

KlubhouseKonnected

What the hell is #8clap?

Some new kind of antibiotic resistant VD?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Oklahawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 06, 2017, 09:37:16 am
What the hell is #8clap?

Somehow related to UCLA?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ARtillahog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 06, 2017, 09:37:16 am
What the hell is #8clap?

2 claps per letter (clap clap "U", clap clap "C"...)  Its a little cheer they do.

HappyFan

Quote from: ARtillahog on July 06, 2017, 11:57:38 am
2 claps per letter (clap clap "U", clap clap "C"...)  Its a little cheer they do.

Because everyone loves #theclap.

ricepig

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net