Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 06:39:35 pm

Suicide

Started by LSUFan, June 11, 2017, 03:29:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUFan

Mods, move if need be.

Once again, I have been touched by this horrible phenomenon that is silently digesting people in this world.

Did you know the 4th leading cause of death among people 10-14, YES 10-14 in this country is suicide?

>80% of kids 14-18 have either attempted, seriously thought about, or committed suicide in this country.

I dated this crazy woman for years in Arkansas, she had the most wonderful, funny, deep-in-thought son anybody could ever hope for, RJ Murphy.

The first two pics are screen shots from his facebook last night, the last is from his sister this morning.

He was truly an awesome human being, please heed the advice of his sister in image 3.

Me and my boys loved you and will forever miss you RJ. Maybe this world was not meant for someone as beautiful as you.

Please be aware of what your loved ones and escpecially your children are going through.

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

PharmacistHog

Man I'm very sorry to hear. Prayers for the entire family.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Stephen Greene

Hogwop

My heart goes out to you, LSU. I lost my best friend of 21 years to suicide a few years ago and I still have a hard time with it sometimes.  Stay strong bud.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

woodrow hog call

Wow very sad and tragic LSU, it is happening way too often, prayers for all of those affected by this.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

goodguytex

Very sad and tragic. And I'm sorry this person chose suicide. I'm as well very sorry for your loss. Prayers for this family.

One of my cousins that lives in Aberdeen, South Dakota. She's 17, and has been going through some depression. One of her best friends she worked with killed himself last week. She doesn't understand why this could happen.

We all need to do better at caring for one another, and communicating with each other.

LSUFan

PorkRinds

Bro, you and I have been at odds before, but my heart goes out to you and that family. I've had two really close friends take their own lives and it's probably the most tragic thing someone can go through. Thoughts and prayers for your family and theirs.  Stories like this hit close to home for far too many of us.

Michaelt

We will be praying for this family and for you through this.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

LSUFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 13, 2017, 07:42:58 pm
Bro, you and I have been at odds before, but my heart goes out to you and that family. I've had two really close friends take their own lives and it's probably the most tragic thing someone can go through. Thoughts and prayers for your family and theirs.  Stories like this hit close to home for far too many of us.
Definitely, Suicide has one than one victim.

Thank You for your kind words PR.

His mother is worse than he described her, she shed not one tear at the funeral.

I lost my mom to suicide 13 years ago, it still eats at me.

God damn opiods are killing a lot of people.

LSUFan

Quote from: Michaelt on June 14, 2017, 01:53:14 pm
We will be praying for this family and for you through this.
Thank you MT, his dad is really taking it hard.

Nobody should have to bury their own babies.

Hogwop

How are you holding up, LSU?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

LSUFan

Quote from: Hogwop on June 17, 2017, 12:25:41 pm
How are you holding up, LSU?
It opened a lot of old wounds, we still can't believe this.

I think, "Not RJ! Not. Not the best damn kid in that family."

They buried him with his long board.

People like him are God's living proof on earth that there are angels amoung us.

Hogwop

I feel like suicide is just one of those things you never really get over, you just learn to deal with it eventually. I wish I had some profound thing to say that would at least lessen the hurt, but the only thing that really helps is time. Just know you're amongst friends here. I'll keep praying for some peace of mind for you all.
Pigga what?!