Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivalry

Started by NoogaHog, June 06, 2017, 09:10:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

If you were there you know it is a rivalry among the fans. They are arrogant whiney fans, players, and coaches.   

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

311Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 06, 2017, 07:19:19 pm
I'm not really worried about your feelings about who can post here. You are making a complete and utter fool of yourself by calling MISSOURI state a rent a win. You know very little about baseball. The guy you are arguing with seems knowledgeable.

Care to wager on who I think should post here?

I never said anyone can or can't  post here I speak for myself, and myself alone. You know I debated changing the we to I I even tried to make up for it later in the posts because I did not what it to seem like that is what I meant it wasn't I just didn't have time. 

Seriously man I know you are the big stick but this is like the 4th time in this thread alone you broke your own rule.

"We aren't going to call other posters a name. Debate away but do so with respect. We also aren't going to bait proper into an argument.....you will be asked to leave. I don't apologize for that."

I am not calling people names (though I am being called them) I figured I was debating with respect with other Hog fan posters I was not expecting a bearfan to show up especially after the game is over, and I am pretty sure we (bearfan and I) have come to terms on the discussion and it is over and done with.  I have posted here for a very long time.  I have never had a problem with a mod and I still don't so I am not sure what is up here.

311Hog

Quote from: Kevin on June 06, 2017, 08:49:33 pm
If you were there you know it is a rivalry among the fans. They are arrogant whiney fans, players, and coaches.   

I was there.  I just agree to disagree with those that feel that is what makes a rival.

Little man big man syndrome I don't associate with rivals.  I am proud our players, coaches and fans don't act like that.

btw correction on my numbers I finally had time to find the 2016 results and we did lose twice to Missouri state that year part of that horrible end of the year losing streak :(

so 15-7 since 2003

hoglady

Quote from: Pig Papi on June 06, 2017, 05:02:48 pm
Just looking for an inside opinion from a true MO State fan.......Do you really like the uniforms you guys wear?  We spend a lot of time as Hog fans debating how our teams look.  You guys have a great team.  They earned a lot of respect this weekend.  Is what you wore this weekend your complete inventory of uniforms?

The Aggies have some similar uniforms to Missouri St.
I believe both are Adidas products.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

I'll be rooting for Missouri St at TCU.
I like their team.
They play great defense, play with confidence and give 100% effort.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

SPAL

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 08:49:33 pm
I never said anyone can or can't  post here I speak for myself, and myself alone. You know I debated changing the we to I I even tried to make up for it later in the posts because I did not what it to seem like that is what I meant it wasn't I just didn't have time. 

Seriously man I know you are the big stick but this is like the 4th time in this thread alone you broke your own rule.

"We aren't going to call other posters a name. Debate away but do so with respect. We also aren't going to bait proper into an argument.....you will be asked to leave. I don't apologize for that."

I am not calling people names (though I am being called them) I figured I was debating with respect with other Hog fan posters I was not expecting a bearfan to show up especially after the game is over, and I am pretty sure we (bearfan and I) have come to terms on the discussion and it is over and done with.  I have posted here for a very long time.  I have never had a problem with a mod and I still don't so I am not sure what is up here.

Nobody is calling you a name. But your take is ridiculous and it's making you look foolish. Absolutely nobody here agrees with you. That's why you've taken to calling me out for your perceived unfair treatment.

One thing you've done is make me realize how pointless this is. So I won't respond again. So, take care.

LRHawg

Quote from: hoglady on June 06, 2017, 09:04:29 pm
I'll be rooting for Missouri St at TCU.
I like their team.
They play great defense, play with confidence and give 100% effort.

I agree, I would like to see them do these things with class however, as I would every college program. They were arrogant, we'll see if they can back that up in the coming few weeks.

TNhawgfan

I would like to see Missouri state match up with LSU in the CWS. The egos in that stadium would be unreal. Every strikeout would end in players showing their butts.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

010HogFan

Missouri St is the best team we played this year outside of LSU and they are pretty close to them tbh.

311Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 06, 2017, 10:22:34 pm
Nobody is calling you a name. But your take is ridiculous and it's making you look foolish. Absolutely nobody here agrees with you. That's why you've taken to calling me out for your perceived unfair treatment.

One thing you've done is make me realize how pointless this is. So I won't respond again. So, take care.

last time i checked being called a fool and stupid is calling people names if i am wrong please let me know and i will add those to my list of approved names.

Talk about someone speaking for the whole so the entire board disagrees with me? did you take a census? my take is my take, your take is your take.

I feel like Missouri state acts like LSU, but the fact is they aint LSU and not even close.  If no one on this planet agrees with that take and it is stupid and foolish well then i am stupid and foolish.

FraggleHog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 07, 2017, 10:34:43 am
last time i checked being called a fool and stupid is calling people names if i am wrong please let me know and i will add those to my list of approved names.

Talk about someone speaking for the whole so the entire board disagrees with me? did you take a census? my take is my take, your take is your take.

I feel like Missouri state acts like LSU, but the fact is they aint LSU and not even close.  If no one on this planet agrees with that take and it is stupid and foolish well then i am stupid and foolish.

Not saying everyone disagrees with you... but you appear to be in the minority...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

jbell96

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 07, 2017, 08:32:08 am
Missouri St is the best team we played this year outside of LSU and they are pretty close to them tbh.

Missouri State is a really good team, but they are not better than Florida, who we played, and they are not close to LSU either.

311Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 07, 2017, 11:09:18 am
Not saying everyone disagrees with you... but you appear to be in the minority...

that maybe true, and i am fine with that just don't think i am an idiot for it.

Hogwild

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 07, 2017, 07:57:15 am
I would like to see Missouri state match up with LSU in the CWS. The egos in that stadium would be unreal. Every strikeout would end in players showing their butts.

especially if Lange (SP?) is on the mound for the tigers, he is from Missouri

hoglady

Quote from: LRHawg on June 06, 2017, 10:32:09 pm
I agree, I would like to see them do these things with class however, as I would every college program. They were arrogant, we'll see if they can back that up in the coming few weeks.

The arguing with the ump just didn't ever bother me.
When they were batting all I cared about was how we were pitching - if they didn't like a strike call, I sure didn't care - we got the strike, good for us.

010HogFan

Quote from: jbell96 on June 07, 2017, 11:24:54 am
Missouri State is a really good team, but they are not better than Florida, who we played, and they are not close to LSU either.
Agree to disagree. Florida isn't what they normally are.

jbell96

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 09, 2017, 08:40:28 am

Yeah Florida sucks, #3 national seed, SEC conference co-champs, and one of the most talented teams in the nation.  ::)

jry04

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 09, 2017, 08:40:28 am
Missouri State is a solid club, but they aren't even a top 10 team. We blew so many opportunities this weekend it isn't funny. Combine that with the BS missed HBP call in game 2 that likely leads to us at worse going into extra innings. You may be the only person shocked when TCU rolls Missouri State this weekend. Their 2 weekend starters have a 4.00+ ERA in the MVC for a reason. I hate to make excuses, but I think being out of town for 2 straight weeks played a huge role in how our team played. We looked dead at the plate most of the weekend, even against ORU. MSU fits the expression that they aren't the better team, they were just the better team on that weekend. Just like Davidson isn't better than UNC, Sam Houston State isn't better than TTU, etc. All of the national analysts previewing our regional, and then talking about it as it was in progress were giving Missouri State a ton of credit for beating us because we were the clear better team talent wise, just didn't play like it this previous weekend. TCU will crush their #2 and #3 guys if it goes 3 games.

WhenPigsFly

I agree that Missouri State is whiny and arrogant. Even their third base coach got into it with our fans early in Monday's game. I, for one, will be wishing that TCU humiliates them.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 06, 2017, 09:10:16 am
...Not by special names or 200 lb. gilded footwear. We don't like them, they don't like us.

I'm not all that interested in the rivalry until next season, but I'd like to hear more about this "200 lb. gilded footwear."

PorkRyan

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on June 09, 2017, 10:51:15 am
I agree that Missouri State is whiny and arrogant. Even their third base coach got into it with our fans early in Monday's game. I, for one, will be wishing that TCU humiliates them.

We tried to congratulate a few of their fans as we were walking out and ended up getting into it with them.  Screw them.  I hope they lose each game by 20. 

Missouri St was very good 1-5 in the order.  In fact, I'd say they were better than us 1-5.  6 hole was a .230 hitter but had a good weekend.  7-9 were awful.  After the DH went down they essentially beat us with a 4 man lineup.  Good luck with that against TCU. 

311Hog

and pitched the same guys every day.  Knutson better eat his wheaties. His elbow is going to be shiet after this post season

NoogaHog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on June 09, 2017, 11:09:19 am
I'm not all that interested in the rivalry until next season, but I'd like to hear more about this "200 lb. gilded footwear."

I was referencing this when saying that a rivalry is not made of this.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Wisco Pig

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 09, 2017, 01:18:43 pm
I was referencing this when saying that a rivalry is not made of this.

Okay, I see.  Well done!

thebignasty

I'm trying to think of a football analogue for MoSt.  Probably something like Kansas St. but with a higher ceiling. They are a power five quality program.

NoogaHog

A football analogue would be hard. Football is much more exclusive. Too hard for the little guys to beat the big guys consistently.
Maybe a Boise or Houston, but they cycle in and out. a small conference team that can beat the big guys often enough to be talked about, but not threaten for a natty. Good, but not great teams.

Off topic, but what is a football analogue for Coastal Carolina? they really caught lightning in a bottle last year. One miraculous season. Did not make the tourney this year.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

jbell96

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 09, 2017, 02:51:29 pm
A football analogue would be hard. Football is much more exclusive. Too hard for the little guys to beat the big guys consistently.
Maybe a Boise or Houston, but they cycle in and out. a small conference team that can beat the big guys often enough to be talked about, but not threaten for a natty. Good, but not great teams.

Off topic, but what is a football analogue for Coastal Carolina? they really caught lightning in a bottle last year. One miraculous season. Did not make the tourney this year.

I don't think there is a college football equivalent to what Coastal did. Had Butler won a national title in hoops back in 2010 & 2011, that would have been the equivalent to a Cinderella winning it all.

IMO, College baseball is the only division 1 sport where a team can come out of nowhere, like Coastal did, and win a national title.