Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cortez Kennedy has passed away at 48

Started by Hog Nutt, May 23, 2017, 12:55:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Nutt

Not sure where to post this or if it's already been posted.

Ā 

hawgsalot

Yeap got this text early this morning going to be missed always enjoyed hunting with Cortez!  Shame he wasn't a Razorback but much loved throughout the state!

Dropkick

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WilsonHog

Curt gave a great deal back to South Mississippi County. He was a friend to many. He will be missed.

Hollywood_HOGan45

DeltaBoy

Horrible he was a real good man and Football Player.  Way too young
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Iwastherein1969

These premature deaths of NFL players are increasing. Or so it seems. It's sad. You mostly see these deaths of large defensive and offensive linemen. These positions carry an unnatural amount of weight on their bodies for 10 to 15 maybe 20 years longer than the average person.  Most people gradually gain weight over the course of a lifetime, obviously unless you are a work-out nut. But getting down to the brass tax, IMHO that the weight these football players carry in their late teens into their mid to latter thirties and even early forties put unneeded pressure on their heart muscle for an extended period of time while laymen in other jobs of their age are at more normal weights. Carrying extra weight enlarges the heart. That's just a medical fact. Again, the average person gains this type of weight at the very earliest in their 40's and most people in their 50's and AT THAT POINT the heart muscle begins to become diseased. The NFL player's heart begins the disease process at a much earlier age. Sad but true. We'll see more and more of this type of thing as time passes, very sad to say. RIP, Cortez, you were a great one.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 24, 2017, 07:05:57 pm
These premature deaths of NFL players are increasing. Or so it seems. It's sad. You mostly see these deaths of large defensive and offensive linemen. These positions carry an unnatural amount of weight on their bodies for 10 to 15 maybe 20 years longer than the average person.  Most people gradually gain weight over the course of a lifetime, obviously unless you are a work-out nut. But getting down to the brass tax, IMHO that the weight these football players carry in their late teens into their mid to latter thirties and even early forties put unneeded pressure on their heart muscle for an extended period of time while laymen in other jobs of their age are at more normal weights. Carrying extra weight enlarges the heart. That's just a medical fact. Again, the average person gains this type of weight at the very earliest in their 40's and most people in their 50's and AT THAT POINT the heart muscle begins to become diseased. The NFL player's heart begins the disease process at a much earlier age. Sad but true. We'll see more and more of this type of thing as time passes, very sad to say. RIP, Cortez, you were a great one.

I believe it has to do with opioid use since the 90's. You don't have to be an addict to have them impact you.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for his family and friends!

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.