Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3rd Best SEC Record since Joining the Conference

Started by WilsonHog, May 20, 2017, 02:25:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

DVH's 2013 team also went 18-11, and Norm's 1999 team finished 22-8.

Considering the loss of two-thirds of our rotation before the season was barely underway, that ain't bad.

Kevin

Might be his best coaching job since he has been here
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 20, 2017, 02:25:56 pm
DVH's 2013 team also went 18-11, and Norm's 1999 team finished 22-8.

Considering the loss of two-thirds of our rotation before the season was barely underway, that ain't bad.
I'm pretty sure that 04' team went 19-11 and won the SEC

WilsonHog

Quote from: Kevin on May 20, 2017, 03:00:07 pm
Might be his best coaching job since he has been here

Agreed. Another way to look at it is that of the nine conference series that went three games, we won six. Would have loved to have that Tennessee series go three games.

swineology

Solid on the road this year
:razorback: :razorback:

Hogwild

It is going to be very interesting to see who gets SEC coach of the year?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Hogwild on May 21, 2017, 05:28:39 pm

It should go to the great Dutch aristocrat.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Hogwild on May 21, 2017, 05:28:39 pm
It will probably be Nick Mingione at Kentucky since it is his first year, but it should be DVH considering what we went through.  All of Kentucky's main offensive contributors started at least 15 games last year so they all have multiple years in the program and Henderson left him a very good team.  Meanwhile, we have three new players getting major action (Biggers, Fletcher, whoever is at 3B) and our pitching staff has improved more than Kentucky's has.  That isn't even factoring in losing our Friday and Saturday guys before the season began like Wilson mentioned in the OP.  It was a great coaching job by DVH considering that and how last year ended, but I don't think he will be recognized for it which is just BS.

WhenPigsFly

HognitiveDissonance

Agree this was a terrific bounce-back season after last year's meltdown.
I think everyone knew last year was an aberration but it's still great to see it actually happen, Hogs back in a big way.
Season not over yet, but this so far has been an excellent year. 4th in SEC baseball is pretty salty.