Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 53 THREAD: #14 Arkansas (38-14, 17-10 SEC) at #22 Texas A&M (35-19, 15-13)

Started by Razorbacks#1, May 19, 2017, 10:11:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 19, 2017, 09:11:40 pm
Well put this one behind us and get ready to knock them around tomorrow.
At least we won't have to listen to Papaw tomorrow.

Razrpig256

Martin has definitely been good but I thought we came out over-agressive against a pitcher that walks some batters. Arledge came out swinging to start the game which is a bit unusual, then we had the 5 pitch inning which isn't normal for us either. Thought we should've been more patient against a team with a taxed bullpen.

JHicks3636

Pennington who pinch ran earlier and bats for the first time tonight, 0-1, singles to left as his average reaches an even .200, 2 on with 1 out

SPAL

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 19, 2017, 09:13:43 pm
Yeah.  Win tomorrow and we host.  LSU is back out in front in Starkville 8-4, so that slight chance to win the west is probably gone anyway.

It's better that LSU won because we aren't sweeping and if LSU wins, we finish in 2nd

factchecker

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 19, 2017, 09:13:43 pm
Yeah.  Win tomorrow and we host.  LSU is back out in front in Starkville 8-4, so that slight chance to win the west is probably gone anyway.

Mississippi State dug themselves a hole by walking three runs in with bases loaded.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

southarkhog06

This is the aggy ace is it not? I think I remember that Childress likes to throw his ace in game 2.

JHicks3636

Homan, 0-3 on the night, 0-1, 0-2, grounds into the 4-6-3 DP for the second time tonight

5-2 AGGS going to the 9th

JHicks3636

knoxvillehog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 19, 2017, 09:14:57 pm
It's better that LSU won because we aren't sweeping and if LSU wins, we finish in 2nd

2nd is also 4th correct? Need that bye

southarkhog06

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on May 19, 2017, 09:13:49 pm
At least we won't have to listen to Papaw tomorrow.
I have had it on mute since the first time I heard "all your good players are from texas!!!".

All your good players IS from Arkansas.....correction.

JHicks3636

Last Arkansas chances is the bottom of the order which has been the best offense tonight

7. Cole       2-3
8. Gates     1-3
9. Biggers   2-3

Razorbacks#1

:razorback:

2               Top 9th                   5

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
ARK      0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0  |    | -  |  2  |  8  | 3  | 7   
A&M     0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0  |    | -  |  5  |  9  | 0  | 6   
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PeabodyHawg

Haven't heard much from our Aggy heckler in the last couple of innings.  Must have had to leave for his night shift job at the Raceway....

JHicks3636

Cole, 2-3 with 2 doubles tonight, grounds out to SS on the first pitch

trippigs

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 19, 2017, 09:17:40 pm
Homan, 0-3 on the night, 0-1, 0-2, grounds into the 4-6-3 DP for the second time tonight

5-2 AGGS going to the 9th

That kid should be tossed for throwing his hat. In addition he made a scene at
2nd base and in the box earlier in the game

SPAL

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on May 19, 2017, 09:20:03 pm
Haven't heard much from our Aggy heckler in the last couple of innings.  Must have had to leave for his night shift job at the Raceway....

I laughed out loud.

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

PeabodyHawg

I think their SS hurt his neck slamming his helmet after getting out last inning.

SPAL

HogFansReunited

Well, see you guys tomorrow. Nice to know that we have Knight pitching for the rubber match.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Biggers, 2-3 tonight, starts 0-1, 0-2, strikes out swinging

we lose 5-2

knoxvillehog

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on May 19, 2017, 09:22:52 pm
I think their SS hurt his neck slamming his helmet after getting out last inning.

Could be all the carp he does in the box each AB

HogFansReunited

Also nice to know we won't have to listen to this horrible color guy tomorrow.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

PeabodyHawg

Oh well.  We'll kick their ass tomorrow.

Another great pbp and good natured banter by all.

Razorbacks#1

:razorback:

2               FINAL                   5

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
ARK      0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0  | 0  | -  |  2  |  8  | 3  | 7   
A&M     0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0  | x  | -  |  5  |  9  | 0  | 6   
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

southarkhog06

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 19, 2017, 09:19:17 pm
I have had it on mute since the first time I heard "all your good players are from texas!!!".

All your good players IS from Arkansas.....correction.
hahaha that's right my bad.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Pretty disappointing outing. Couldn't buy a clutch hit to save our lives and 3 errors. Their guy will probably never pitch that well again. I guess that's just baseball,

Hopefully we come out better tomorrow.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

BigBrandonAllenFan

Beaten by a bunch of pitchfork wielding Kulaks.  :puke: Tomorrow the Red Army will burn their bug infested crops!

trippigs

Felt like we coasted home and kept our powder dry for tomorrow......hope this pans out. Go Hogs

Razorbacks#1

And for those feeling bad about tonight's outcome, well, you may have missed last year. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Kevin

Need that win tomorrow.  Would not surprise me if Murphy starts tomorrow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SPAL

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 19, 2017, 09:26:34 pm
Pretty disappointing outing. Couldn't buy a clutch hit to save our lives and 3 errors. Their guy will probably never pitch that well again. I guess that's just baseball,

Hopefully we come out better tomorrow.

If you live and die by every play or every game in baseball....you'll die pretty disgruntled. You gotta look at the big picture. The big picture is we knew we didn't match up well against their ace so we battled with taco who had 1 bad inning. The big picture is now we battle with our ace for the series against their #3. Unlike those odds. It may not work out, but it's a good move.

SPAL

Quote from: Kevin on May 19, 2017, 09:31:46 pm
Need that win tomorrow.  Would not surprise me if Murphy starts tomorrow

I would be.... If tomorrow separates us hosting or going somewhere as the #2, it's Blaine.

WhenPigsFly

knoxvillehog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 19, 2017, 09:34:44 pm
I would be.... If tomorrow separates us hosting or going somewhere as the #2, it's Blaine.

If he's not hurt......

jry04

Maybe I am wrong, but I do not get the panic on Knight not starting tonight. The official Razorback twitter isn't all knowing, but they specifically said Knight will start tomorrow. I do not get why people are acting as if it is truth that Knight is hurt and will not go tomorrow. If Knight is starting tomorrow, then I love our chances. We have our ace going in the biggest game of the season.

Knot2brite

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 19, 2017, 09:33:32 pm
If you live and die by every play or every game in baseball....you'll die pretty disgruntled. You gotta look at the big picture. The big picture is we knew we didn't match up well against their ace so we battled with taco who had 1 bad inning. The big picture is now we battle with our ace for the series against their #3. Unlike those odds. It may not work out, but it's a good move.
That is all fine and dandy but a off speed pitcher is our kryptonite. We just do not adjust as well to pitchers that throw soft or movement as we do against guys that throw hard. That could be our downfall in the end. We have had all season to adjust and work on it and we haven't done it many times. Going for seeding in a tournament that DVH doesn't give a damn about is all fine and dandy but to truly have no worries about hosting we should have been pushing harder for a win tonight AND tomorrow. Our approach was not good at all by the top half of our lineup. I was most impressed by Cole because he went oppo on a double. Spanberger hit a ball to the left side as well but if he gets a better angle on that ball he hits it out of the stadium. The big picture to me is that there is still work to be done on our approach at the plate in games where we aren't going to beat the ball out of the yard.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Knot2brite

Quote from: jry04 on May 19, 2017, 09:54:30 pm
Maybe I am wrong, but I do not get the panic on Knight not starting tonight. The official Razorback twitter isn't all knowing, but they specifically said Knight will start tomorrow. I do not get why people are acting as if it is truth that Knight is hurt and will not go tomorrow. If Knight is starting tomorrow, then I love our chances. We have our ace going in the biggest game of the season.
I have seen it too many times during this part of the season that a strike out pitcher starts having "arm fatigue" which leads to a bad situation later on. That is why I worry about Knight. He has been off and inconsistent the last few starts. Don't get me wrong..he has had some really good innings but he just hasn't seemed like the same pitcher he was earlier.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

PORKULATOR

Losing to the Gaggies is never acceptable. Not even in a coin toss to see who goes first at tiddliewinks.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jry04

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 19, 2017, 10:04:57 pm
I have seen it too many times during this part of the season that a strike out pitcher starts having "arm fatigue" which leads to a bad situation later on. That is why I worry about Knight. He has been off and inconsistent the last few starts. Don't get me wrong..he has had some really good innings but he just hasn't seemed like the same pitcher he was earlier.
Cool, but DVH said he is pitching tomorrow. I was saying this panic that he won't throw tomorrow does not make sense.

hogman64

we had to win one of these two  to get the fourth seed and to host,,, makes sense to pitch knight tomorrow and match  him against a lesser pitcher... two wins puts us in the same position as does one, so we are putting everything into  getting the one.

Kevin

I am not panicked   Just when they use the term sore arm. Now knight has pitched the last two
Saturday's   If it is to keep him on schedule no big deal.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22