Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5/15 projections

Started by Kevin, May 16, 2017, 05:58:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFansReunited

Two teams in our bracket that we have already played this year.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hawgsalot

I think the SEC gets 5 host sites and depending on the tourney we're anywhere between 3rd and 5th.

jry04

Quote from: hawgsalot on May 16, 2017, 09:18:18 am
I think the SEC gets 5 host sites and depending on the tourney we're anywhere between 3rd and 5th.
Agreed if we win this weekend. If we lose this weekend we will need to do some work to host, or the SEC may end up with 4. This weekend is huge because the outcome could sway the hosting picture so much. Go and sweep A&M and now we are sitting top 12 in the RPI, 40 total wins, and no worse than 3rd in the SEC. That is national seed discussion. Lose the series and we are probably eliminated from hosting barring a run in the SECT.

yraciv

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on May 16, 2017, 05:58:33 am
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/baseball/bracketology

Still hosting

Still don't like the super match up with Louisville, but otherwise I'll take it - somehow get past the Cardinals and we're facing either Wake or Kentucky in Omaha. That's a whole lot better scenario than the others I've seen.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

dotnet

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 16, 2017, 09:48:23 pm
I would love that.

WF is legit - but Tceh has a brutal regional.  Their 4 seed would have a top 60 RPI. Their 2 seed was a top five team at one point this year - and beat Knight - and the 3 seed is the best college baseball program of this century (though trending downward)

jbell96

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 16, 2017, 09:48:23 pm
I would love that.

Warren Nolan's projections for the tournament aren't that great IMO. Wake Forest is likely going to be a host given that they have a top 10 RPI, will probably win 40 games, and are currently 3rd overall in the ACC, which is the 3rd rated RPI conference in the nation. Having them as our 2 seed would not be fun at all.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: dotnet on May 17, 2017, 08:23:03 am
WF is legit - but Tceh has a brutal regional.  Their 4 seed would have a top 60 RPI. Their 2 seed was a top five team at one point this year - and beat Knight - and the 3 seed is the best college baseball program of this century (though trending downward)

They are a quality team but I don't thunk they are better than what we usually see in SEC play. They are kinda similar to us in that they score a lot of runs.  They haven't played much quality competition this year and most of their top 50 rpi wins are to teams below 25.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

6 of their 8 top 50 rpi wins are to teams under 25 rpi.

Member #3568

Kevin

cannot believe the big west are going to get 2 host spots.
fullerton has an rpi over 40, after losing last night

jbell96

Quote from: Kevin on May 17, 2017, 09:23:02 am
cannot believe the big west are going to get 2 host spots.
fullerton has an rpi over 40, after losing last night

I really wouldn't put much stock in Warren Nolan's projections for the tournament, but heads will roll if Fullerton gets a host with an RPI over 40.

bighog2255

D1 baseball has us hosting.

Florida (4), UK (6), LSU (8 ) all national seeds. Miss St not hosting.

https://d1baseball.com/projections/field-64-projection-may-16/

Kevin

YtownHog

Quote from: jbell96 on May 17, 2017, 09:50:22 am
I really wouldn't put much stock in Warren Nolan's projections for the tournament, but heads will roll if Fullerton gets a host with an RPI over 40.

This..  they have Missouri State as a 3 seed.  They are a potential host still.

jbell96

Quote from: YtownHog on May 17, 2017, 01:33:18 pm
This..  they have Missouri State as a 3 seed.  They are a potential host still.

They are not a potential host. Springfield Cardinals play at home the opening weekend of the tournament so Missouri State won't host. Even if they could, they honestly don't deserve it. They are 1-4 only against the RPI top 50. Their RPI is over inflated because they have played 25 road games as opposed to 23 home games.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on May 17, 2017, 12:55:09 pm
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/projected-field-64-may-17-ncaa-baseball-tournament/#pPyf4x4WTtTCsYdt.97

we go to hattiesburg

Still don't like the Super matchup, but the regional looks ok ... guess BA is expecting us to lose 2-3 to A&M ...

BroyledNutts

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 17, 2017, 12:07:27 pm
D1 baseball has us hosting.

Florida (4), UK (6), LSU (8 ) all national seeds. Miss St not hosting.

https://d1baseball.com/projections/field-64-projection-may-16/

That might not be the easiest regional we could host, but oh how fun it would be. See Bryant return, MSU here again, and then a potential Saturday night with Texas ... Rowdy as it has been in a while at Baum.

YtownHog

Quote from: jbell96 on May 17, 2017, 02:14:31 pm
They are not a potential host. Springfield Cardinals play at home the opening weekend of the tournament so Missouri State won't host. Even if they could, they honestly don't deserve it. They are 1-4 only against the RPI top 50. Their RPI is over inflated because they have played 25 road games as opposed to 23 home games.

So be it... they have been discussed as such.  They have a rpi of 15, the point being, they are far from a 3 seed.  I'm not arguing the validity of whether they deserve it or not.

Kevin

Looks like it is us or miss state for the host spot

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Kevin on May 17, 2017, 10:14:37 pm
Looks like it is us or miss state for the host spot

If we both have good weekends, we should both get to host.

Member #3568

Kevin

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 17, 2017, 11:03:55 pm
If we both have good weekends, we should both get to host.

don't see it. only 4 spots going to the sec, and lsu will get one of them. no matter what

bighog2255

Quote from: jbell96 on May 17, 2017, 02:14:31 pm

Looks like Mizzu St is submitting an alternate site to host a regional.

@KendallRogersD1 · 12 minutes ago 

@MSUBearBaseball HC Keith Guttin tells me they will bid to host at US Ballpark in Ozark, Mo. (20 minutes away). Capacity is 6K, all turf.

Razorback7281

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 18, 2017, 11:37:32 am
Looks like Mizzu St is submitting an alternate site to host a regional.

@KendallRogersD1 · 12 minutes ago 

@MSUBearBaseball HC Keith Guttin tells me they will bid to host at US Ballpark in Ozark, Mo. (20 minutes away). Capacity is 6K, all turf.

This is where they played their home games before moving to Hammons field.  I think this park was Price Cutter park when they played there and then went to crap but now has been cleaned up and turf put in.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

jbell96

Quote from: Kevin on May 18, 2017, 11:29:15 am
don't see it. only 4 spots going to the sec, and lsu will get one of them. no matter what

I agree. UF, UK, & LSU are definite locks as hosts, will most likely be between us & State for the 4th SEC host spot, depending on what happens this weekend and in Hoover.

SEC might be able to get 5 hosting sites, but it would take some faltering down the stretch by teams like OU & Long Beach, coupled with both us & State finishing strong.

YtownHog

Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 18, 2017, 11:46:08 am
This is where they played their home games before moving to Hammons field.  I think this park was Price Cutter park when they played there and then went to crap but now has been cleaned up and turf put in.

This isn't the old "Ducks" stadium is it?

theFlyingHog

I'm so glad we have a program like our baseball club. Keep posting those W's!  :razorback:

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

rzrbkman

The stadium in Ozark always was listed as 4000 seats before the updates, yet no new seats were added. There is no cover at all on the concourse to escape the sun. It is just a basic ballpark now home to Division II Drury university baseball.

Kevin

Kendall Rogers Retweeted Scott Sanders
Feel pretty good about the Hogs with one more Arkansas win this weekend, and one more MSU loss