Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ms ST game two

Started by flippinhogmana, April 23, 2017, 06:12:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Russsell flies out
Krzysko singles
Cooper walks, two on, one down for Belans who works a 2-1 count, and then knocks out of the park! 3-0 hogs
Nicole Schroeder gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, then gets an infield single, one on, one out
Hiers (who left the bases loaded twice yesterday) works the count 1-1, than flies out to rf, two down,
Yani gets behind 0-1, evens it at 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, now full, and strikes out looking, but Hogs up 3-0
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Caroline Hedgcock on the mound with a lead,
first batter falls behind 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, then singles up the middle, one on, nobody out
2nd hitter gets ahead 1-0, hits to Belans who boots it both safe, two on (1st and 3rd), nobody out
3rd batter gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, then fouls out to c, one down,
4th batter gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, now full, then doubles in both runners, 3-2 hogs, with a runner on second and one down,
5th batter singles to center and its a tie game, takes second the throw home, runner on second, one down
6th batter gets ahead 1-0, then 2-0, then 2-1, 3-1, and grounds out to ss, two down, runner on second
7th batter gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 1-2, and flies out to cf, hogs, dogs even, except for a very costly error that opened the gates
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

both teams have three hits and one left.  In the box score, two of the dog runs were earned but, you never know how the inning would have turned out but for the error
Diaz leads off, works a 1-1 count, gets ahead 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, strikes out looking, one down
PP steps in and gets behind 0-1, evens it at 1-1, then falls to 1-2, strikes out swinging, back to the top of the order with two down
Russell (0-1) falls behind 0-1, 0-2, strikes out swinging,  3-3 score, I hope the error and being tied up doesnt deflate CH too much.

flippinhogmana

1st batter homers on a 3-1 count, 4-3 dogs
Warrick comes in to pitch
1st batter to face her gorunds out to 3rd
2nd batter (top of the order) grounds out to 3rd also (on a 2-0 count),
3rd to face Warrick works a 2-1 count 2-2, full, and singles to right, one on two down
4th (5th of the inning) hitter falls behind 0-1, then grounds out to ss, fc, but dogs up 4-3

flippinhogmana

top of the 3rd,
Krzysko gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, and grounds out to ss, one down
Cooper who walked last time gets behind 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, then strikes out swinging, two down
Belans (who has homered and errored) singles up the middle to bring up Schroeder with two down
Nicole singled last time and now works a 1-1 count, 2-1, 3-1, and grounds out to second. 4-3 dogs to the bottom of the 3rd

flippinhogmana

cleanup hitter leads off, works a 1-1 count, and grounds out to (c?) one down
5th place hitter flies out to right on the first pitch,
6th place hitter gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, then singles to right
7th place hitter falls behind 0-1, then lines out to cf to the top of the 4th, 4-3 dogs

flippinhogmana

Hiers up (hitless for a while and her BA has dropped about a hundred points to .261) 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, grounds out to ss, one down
Yani lines out to cf on the first pitch, two down
Diaz falls behind 0-1, evens it at 1-1, gets ahead 2-1, 3-1, and ends the inning with a liner to short, dogs 4-3

flippinhogmana

bottom of the fourth
1st batter (eighth place hitter who homered last time at bat for the go ahead run) falls behind 1-2, 2-2, grounds out to 3rd, one down, Warrick who is 3-0 on the year has at least been doing a decent job since relieving
2nd hitter singles up the middle, one on, one out for the top of the order
3rd hitter works a 1-1 count, 2-1, then gets a bunt hit, two on, one out,
4th hitter gets ahead 1-0, grounds to 2nd, FC, runners now at 1st and 3rd, two down
5th hitter grounds out to Russell at 3rd to end the inning with no further damage. 4-3 dogs

flippinhogmana

top of the 5th, Warrick has now worked three innings, given yp four hits but no runs,
PP up to elad it off, gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, and then grounds out to ss, one down to the top of the order,
Russell is 0-2 today (and not hitting as well since batting leadoff) gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, and walks, one on, one out for Krzysko who grounds to 3b, FC, runner out at 2nd, runner on first, two down for Cooper
Tori gets ahead 1-0, then grounds out to the ss. 4-3 dogs to the bottom of the 5th.

Knot2brite

I can only imagine how good Moll would be if she had control. Her release point looks good most of the time but Lord she can be wild
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

flippinhogmana

Grace Moll takes the mound.  Will she find the strikezone?
1st hitter is the cleanup hitter, who 1-2 on the day, a two runner double, gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, and walks.  doesn't matter how hard you throw if you cant throw strikes.
2nd batter gets ahead 1-0 (five of six pitches for Moll so far have been balls) 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, then strikes out swinging.  One down, one on first.  It would be nice if Moll could turn it around here.
3rd batter falls behind 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, grounds to 3rd, FC, two down runner on 1st,
4th batter doesnt get a chance to hit as the runner is caught stealing, the second base runner Hiers as gunned down in as many days, still 4-3 dogs

flippinhogmana

It would be worth the loss if it reclaims Moll for us, hope she finishes strong,
Up for the hogs in the top of the 6th is Belans (2-2 on the day) gets behind 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, strikes out looking, one down,
Schroeder (1-2 on the day) reaches on a fielding error by ss, one on, one down for
Hiers reaches on a fielding error at 3rd, two on, one out (runners at 1st and 3rd) for
Yani flies out to cf, but its a sac fly, 4-4 now takes HC off the hook
Diaz up with a runner at first, two down, who makes the final out (stat feed is atrocious, didnt say how it was made, just switched innings).  tied 4-4 to the bottom of the 6th

psycHOGlogist

The umpire crew here is some seriously hot garbage. Belans got a warning for grumbling (correctly) about ball and strike calls.

And now we have to pray that Moll can find her groove. At least we've tied the game.

psycHOGlogist

The final out was that the CF made a great catch on the fly out by Yannetti (and injured herself running into the wall, actually), and Hiers had taken off and rounded second. She ran back to first base but did not touch second on the way, so she was called out. The run was allowed to score.

psycHOGlogist

I don't like Moll in the game in these end-game situations. She does not have the mental toughness, imo.

And as I type that she bounces one three feet in front of the plate allowing the runners on 1/2 to advance.

And Storms comes in. Man....

Knot2brite

I thought SEC baseball umps were the only ones with floating garbage strike zones....this cat behind the plate is smokified garbage

flippinhogmana

1st batter works a 2-1 count (first update I got) 2-2, 3-2, then grounds out to ss, one down
2nd batter gets behind 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, singles up the middle, one on, one out,
3rd hitter 0-1, 0-2, and Moll strikes her out on three pitches, two down, one on to the top of the order
4th hitter gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, and walks on four pitches, two on, two out (2nd and 1st)
5th hitter receives a wild pitch, both runners advance, the old Moll coming back, Storms comes in for Moll
5th hitters has a 1-0 count from Moll's wp, count now 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, then walks
6th hitter (0-3 on the day) gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, and grounds out to 3b, no damage despite the bases loaded,
to the top of the 7th 4-4

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 23, 2017, 07:54:35 pm
I thought SEC baseball umps were the only ones with floating garbage strike zones....this cat behind the plate is smokified garbage

PREEEEAAACH!!!!!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 23, 2017, 07:54:35 pm

i gathered that

psycHOGlogist

The umpires with consecutive bad calls - one against us and one for us. They called Bugarin out at second on the Sac Bunt attempt and I think she beat it. But then Russell was clearly out at 1b and was called safe.

These umps suck.

Knot2brite

I apologize if I post too much in the game thread..I am used to doing it in the baseball threads so if I offend I am sorry...but I coach high school softball and this is the first time  I have got to watch a game on tv and not on my phone and post

psycHOGlogist

You're not offending. No rules, just post! :-)

Bacons Rebellion

I thought our runner was out at second. The strike call on our batter that got the warning was pretty bad, though.

1st base umpire was screened from the ball going into the glove by the first baseman's body (I think).

psycHOGlogist

Bases juiced, one out for Cooper. Seeing eye bloop for Krzysko!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on April 23, 2017, 08:03:52 pm
I thought our runner was out at second.

Really? Ok. I thought she looked safe live, and the replay angle was kinda useless. I am definitely biased! :-)

Knot2brite

Interesting that she didn't throw that home...we will take it ..need a couple
More runs

psycHOGlogist

Former Hog Reggie Harrison makes a brain-dead play and throws to first on a grounder, allowing runner from 3rd to score, Hogs go up!!!

flippinhogmana

Dogs bring in their ace Silkwood to face Diaz (who singles to center), PP and then the top of the order
PP bats with one on PR), nobody out, hits into a FC (p to ss) , now on 1st, one down for Russell
Autumn bunts advances the runner, called a single, but still an out(?), two down runner on second
Krzysko singles to right (now they correct the stat line, three on, one out) for
Cooper gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, grounds out to ss, but gets in the run for a 5-4 hogs lead!
Belans (2-3 on the day) has runners at 2nd and 3rd with two down, works 1-1 count, next update says she strikes out swinging!  Just have been a twofer!  to the bottom of the 7th 5-4 hogs.  Get em Autumn Storms!

psycHOGlogist

Okay, Storms. Have at it!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 23, 2017, 08:05:33 pm
Interesting that she didn't throw that home...we will take it ..need a couple
More runs

My daughter laughed at the throw to first. She said "Little League play!" She's a Little League coach.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on April 23, 2017, 08:08:05 pm
My daughter laughed at the throw to first. She said "Little League play!" She's a Little League coach.
All I can think of is that she either forgot there was only one out or she didn't think she would get the out at home because it was a tapper and she was going away from it ...sorta

flippinhogmana

clean up hitter leads it off, and grounds out to 3rd, one down
2nd batter gets ahead 1-0, then grounds out to second, two down,
3rd batter gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 2-1, and lines out for the winner!  5-4 hogs, Storms gets one of those tough losses back!

psycHOGlogist

Two easy groundouts to start .... followed by a flair popout on a diving catch by AJ - HOGS WIN!!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 23, 2017, 08:10:00 pm
All I can think of is that she either forgot there was only one out or she didn't think she would get the out at home because it was a tapper and she was going away from it ...sorta

We thought she had to think there were two outs. She had the play at home right in front of her -- in the 7th inning.

flippinhogmana

Some takes from the game, we saw the good and bad from Moll, Warrick gave us a lift, nice to see.  CH I think got a little rattled by the error behind her, but I dont think she had her best stuff (freshman, learn from it Caroline).  Krzysko has provided us a spark, we saw the good and bad from Belans also (I think she leads the conference in errors).  I loved seeing Storms get the win, and I loved seeing the hogs not quit.

flippinhogmana

we also beat their ace.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 23, 2017, 08:16:22 pm
we also beat their ace.

Which was VERY nice to see. And Storms gets the W in relief, making up for her great job yesterday in the loss.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 23, 2017, 08:14:47 pm
we saw the good and bad from Belans also (I think she leads the conference in errors).

I think she is tied with, ironically enough, Harrison from Mississippi State. Or very close.

flippinhogmana

Sec stats shows Harrison with one more, but its is, as you say close.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 23, 2017, 08:31:04 pm
Sec stats shows Harrison with one more, but its is, as you say close.

And I'm never sure how up to date those are kept. :-)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on April 23, 2017, 08:32:39 pm
And I'm never sure how up to date those are kept. :-)

True, but I believe that they both had one today, so they are still probably within one of each other.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 23, 2017, 10:22:00 pm
True, but I believe that they both had one today, so they are still probably within one of each other.

Exactly right (according to the box score on the Hogs' website - it was Belans's 14th and Harrison's 15th). It's a nailbiter!!! lol

nwahogfan1

Timely hitting killed us in game one. Better in game 2 but let's face it MsSt gave us this game.  I hope we kick butt in game 3. I think we are a better team. We must show it though.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 24, 2017, 09:30:16 am
Timely hitting killed us in game one. Better in game 2 but let's face it MsSt gave us this game.  I hope we kick butt in game 3. I think we are a better team. We must show it though.

Like I said before the series starting they are a team that is about equal to us-including giving away runs. They just gave us back one of the unearned runs we gave them in the first place.