Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 06:24:58 am

Kid from newark

Started by jpsand, March 19, 2017, 02:27:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jpsand

Why did we pass on the kid plating for Wichita State?

lefty08

Quote from: jpsand on March 19, 2017, 02:27:20 pm

He couldn't qualify
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Dr. Starcs

BigE_23

Quote from: lefty08 on March 19, 2017, 02:29:28 pm
He couldn't qualify

But he's playing for Wichita as a freshman??? That's confusing.

Science Fiction Greg

You can say his name.  Why did you go out of your way twice to avoid saying his name?

"kid from Newark"
"kid playing for Wichita St."

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

yraciv

Quote from: BigE_23 on March 19, 2017, 02:36:06 pm
But he's playing for Wichita as a freshman??? That's confusing.

It's accurate. I'm not sure if Wichita has lower standards or he possibly would have been a late qualifier, but we moved on with little interest when we were made award of this. The guy can play, but I'm not sure he was a great fit for us anways!

BigE_23

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 19, 2017, 02:37:06 pm
You can say his name.  Why did you go out of your way twice to avoid saying his name?

"kid from Newark"
"kid playing for Wichita St."

That's so dumb...

His name is Austin Reaves. Now do you want to an answer the OP's question, or do you not know?

BigE_23

Quote from: yraciv on March 19, 2017, 02:39:35 pm
It's accurate. I'm not sure if Wichita has lower standards or he possibly would have been a late qualifier, but we moved on with little interest when we were made award of this. The guy can play, but I'm not sure he was a great fit for us anways!

Interesting...just from reviewing each schools website, it would appear that UA requires a minimum 3.0 GOA for undergrad admission. That's news to me. Wichita by comparison requires a 2.0

Thanks for the info!

ricepig

March 19, 2017, 03:00:02 pm #8 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:15:24 pm by ricepig
Quote from: BigE_23 on March 19, 2017, 02:46:53 pm
Interesting...just from reviewing each schools website, it would appear that UA requires a minimum 3.0 GOA for undergrad admission. That's news to me. Wichita by comparison requires a 2.0

Thanks for the info!

Everyone has "special" exemptions, I'd bet the farm we have football and basketball recruits that didn't make a 3.0 He needed work with both the test score and GPA to qualify, he did both and WSU had made him an offer and wanted him.

Vantage 8 dude

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: BigE_23 on March 19, 2017, 02:39:48 pm
That's so dumb...

His name is Austin Reaves. Now do you want to an answer the OP's question, or do you not know?

It's not dumb.  How would I know if I remembered anything about the situation if he doesn't even call him by name?  I wanted to help, but I found myself jumping through unnecessary hoops to get his name when he could've just said it.  He clearly knew it.  Twice he could've done it and twice he didn't.  It seemed weird.  If you want to chase down the info for him, be my guest.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jpsand on March 19, 2017, 02:27:20 pm

We already have enough platers in the cafeteria...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

pigture perfect

I think there's more to it than he didn't qualify. I know some of his family, they said initially he didn't have the ACT scores, but he worked and got them pretty late. I will just say that the situation with Monk had a lot to do with it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"