Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SBNation 2017 Team Previews: A-State

Started by Seminole Indian, February 18, 2017, 07:53:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

"But if you believe the "Stink in September, then surge" approach is sustainable, then there's no reason to think 2017 will be any different. The Red Wolves are more experienced at quarterback and in the skill positions, and they still have a lot of play-makers on D. The lack of defensive tackle depth is a concern but could be mitigated by Liner, and since the offensive line wasn't particularly effective last year, wholesale changes in that unit might not lead to regression.

I'm kind of leaning toward the latter, by the way. Barring a host of injuries on the defensive line, I don't see why ASU can't pull a repeat of recent success, especially since the schedule brings Troy to Jonesboro and doesn't include Appalachian State.

Besides that, ASU has earned the benefit of the doubt at this point, huh? S&P+ says the Red Wolves should be one of the three or so best teams in the Sun Belt. Until proven otherwise, I say No. 3 or No. 4 is the floor."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/2/17/14581728/arkansas-state-football-2017-preview-schedule-roster
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne