Started by LTCHawg, October 22, 2016, 08:28:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LTCHawg

Pig Worshipper

4-0
Not bad.
At least THEY showed up ready to play.

HogAlum99

Absolutely! Turned the UA dumpster fire in the 3rd quarter. At least my ole Cubbies are looking good tonight! Here's to breaking a lifelong frustration tonight!

popcornhog

Quote from: LTCHawg on October 22, 2016, 08:28:05 pm
Nm

Good Lord. Cubs fans have been the worst this year.

Although I guess they have an excuse, they don't know how to act -- it's been awhile.
WPS

ChicoHog

Go Dodgers!!!
It's not been a good day to be a Hog fan and a Dodger fan.  My 2 favorite teams in all of sports. 

HatfieldHog

Cubs are in their year of destiny...!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

hogcard1964

Quote from: popcornhog on October 22, 2016, 08:35:00 pm
Good Lord. Cubs fans have been the worst this year.

Although I guess they have an excuse, they don't know how to act -- it's been awhile.

They never have. Worst sports fans in all of organized sports.

Hogs958

they've scoredone more than us so far.

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 22, 2016, 08:35:55 pm
Go Dodgers!!!
It's not been a good day to be a Hog fan and a Dodger fan.  My 2 favorite teams in all of sports.

Sorry man. I've been a Dodger fan all week, it's been mostly rough. Kershawn just doesn't have it consistently in the post season.

I'm sure the Cubs will choke against the Indians though.

Although, I will say this -- I heard Schwarber may come back for the WS. Having him as a DH in Cleveland and/or to pinch hit throughout the series will make their nasty lineup even better.

They've put together an incredible team.
WPS

LTCHawg

At least we Hog fans can share a long history of wishing. 52 years since a shared national championship and doesn't look like the Hogs will sniff one any time soon.

SpeedyHog

Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

Complains about Cubs fans.........

Trolls thread about the Cubs, exuding much butthurt.

ChicoHog

Quote from: popcornhog on October 22, 2016, 08:40:38 pm
Sorry man. I've been a Dodger fan all week, it's been mostly rough. Kershawn just doesn't have it consistently in the post season.

I'm sure the Cubs will choke against the Indians though.

Although, I will say this -- I heard Schwarber may come back for the WS. Having him as a DH in Cleveland and/or to pinch hit throughout the series will make their nasty lineup even better.

They've put together an incredible team.
Yes they have.
Kershaw has actually pitched well enough in the post season except against the Cards.  They have his number for some reason.  He did not do well Saturday but it didn't matter as Dodgers could not score. 

southarkhog06

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 25, 2016, 02:24:06 pm
Yes they have.
Kershaw has actually pitched well enough in the post season except against the Cards.  They have his number for some reason.  He did not do well Saturday but it didn't matter as Dodgers could not score.
I really like Dave Roberts, and I feel bad that Kershaw has carried this team on his back for years, through bad skippers and poor management, with no ws to show for it. If I wasn't a Cubs fan is would have been rooting for the Dodgers.

ChicoHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 25, 2016, 03:19:19 pm
I really like Dave Roberts, and I feel bad that Kershaw has carried this team on his back for years, through bad skippers and poor management, with no ws to show for it. If I wasn't a Cubs fan is would have been rooting for the Dodgers.
I think Roberts is a great guy and good clubhouse presence.  I just don't like the way he micro manages the pitching staff.  But a lot of managers do in today's game so he is not much different than most of them. 

southarkhog06

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 25, 2016, 08:17:12 pm
I think Roberts is a great guy and good clubhouse presence.  I just don't like the way he micro manages the pitching staff.  But a lot of managers do in today's game so he is not much different than most of them.
the only call I saw that I disagreed with him on was taking meada out and bringing in fields to face Lester with 2 outs. Given the hand he was dealt I thought he did fantastic managing the pitching staff. We are a little spoiled watching tito this postseason, but it's not like he is doing it alone having 2 guys in the pen who are basically a guarantee of 2 scoreless innings a piece can make alot of managers look smart.

DeltaBoy

The Cubs are one game away from a WS title .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.