Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post All star trades

Started by GolfNut57, July 15, 2016, 01:11:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

The first chip has fallen with Boston getting Pomeranz from SD for a low A level minor leaguer named Espinoza. More to follow in the next few days I am sure.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ucahogfan

Anderson Espinoza is a top 40 prospect in the game and is just 18 years old in class A.  He has to be one of the youngest players in the league.  It is a terrific return for the Padres considering Pomeranz has not shown a whole lot in his career outside of this first half.

From what I have seen, it is also scaring some teams who need SP because it is a true seller's market.  I know Dombrowski makes risky trades, but this one does not make sense; however, another A prospect in the Red Sox system Michael Kopech hit 105 in his last start and they just signed Jason Groome so they have some high level prospects in the system now.

I think this also seals that Julio Teheran will remain a Brave.  It would take three high level prospects and a young MLB player to get the trade done.  The only teams who could get that done are the Red Sox, Rangers, and Cubs among contenders.

GolfNut57

Yeah Boston gave up a good prospect to get Pomeranz but Espinoza was still 4-5 years away from the big time. Ortiz is retiring at the end of 2016 so Boston is in a win it now mode. And of course, there is no guarantee that Espinoza would make it all the way up anyway.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.