Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Myrtle Beach

Started by BR, May 11, 2016, 09:00:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Going in June for 9 days... Never been there, driving down from NW Missouri to Nashville TN spending a day or 2 then over. 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

McKdaddy

Lots of quality golf for relatively low cost due to the many courses in the area.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: BR on May 11, 2016, 09:00:20 am
Going in June for 9 days... Never been there, driving down from NW Missouri to Nashville TN spending a day or 2 then over.

I am heading there for 8 days.  My boy is playing in a tournament starting the 18th.  From my research a lot of good fishing in the area as well. 

Jackrabbit Hog

I was there about eight years ago.  Nothing special about the town itself, or the beach for that matter, but there are probably more golf courses per square mile there than anywhere else in the country.  I got to play a couple of nice courses there; wish I could remember the names of them.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 20, 2016, 09:28:47 am
I was there about eight years ago.  Nothing special about the town itself, or the beach for that matter, but there are probably more golf courses per square mile there than anywhere else in the country.  I got to play a couple of nice courses there; wish I could remember the names of them.

Its better than Gulf Shores though.

TomasPistola

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 22, 2016, 05:39:28 pm
Its better than Gulf Shores though.

It's a little more touristy to me at Myrtle Beach. But I like both places.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Lanny

Spend time in Charleston
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 03, 2016, 08:31:25 pm
We ended up in North Myrtle Beach on our previous trip to that area - it definitely seemed less touristy that Myrtle Beach itself....

The beach area was very good when we were there too - little to no seaweed rolling in.  Long sandy beach shelfs going out in the surf. 

Lanny - what made (makes) Charleston such an attraction?
Stay in North Myrtle beach if you want to get away(as much as you can) from the crowds.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

BR

LOVED Golf Courses, Merrill's Inlet and North Myrtle Beach area.....     Myrtle Beach area is Branson on the Beach...   Liked Gulf Shores area a lot better..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

cosmodrum

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 03, 2016, 08:31:25 pm
We ended up in North Myrtle Beach on our previous trip to that area - it definitely seemed less touristy that Myrtle Beach itself....

The beach area was very good when we were there too - little to no seaweed rolling in.  Long sandy beach shelfs going out in the surf. 

Lanny - what made (makes) Charleston such an attraction? 

Not speaking for Lanny, and I've never been to Charleston, but I would imagine that history and culture (including food) are the big draws to Charleston.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 29, 2016, 12:04:04 pm
I've heard that as well Cosmo.  At this point, Charleston (at least for me) is one of those places I'd be happy to visit as part of a further trip (sort of as a way point if you will) but perhaps on its own not quite enough of a destination to draw me there on its own merits.  I'll have to do some more reading on Charleston.

I would really love to visit Charleston. Very rich history. I would check out the Charleston wikipedia and their tourism site.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 29, 2016, 12:17:12 pm
I would really love to visit Charleston. Very rich history. I would check out the Charleston wikipedia and their tourism site.

Our youngest, who will be a senior at UA this fall, is dating a guy whose parents have a second home in Charleston (yes, they're well off; main residence is in Highland Park area of Dallas).  They've been there 4-5 times over the past year and she loves it.  Considering it's her, maybe the shopping is great there.   :D   But seriously, when he enters law school there next year I have no doubt she'll follow him there and it may be where they settle if they get married.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 29, 2016, 12:24:57 pm
Our youngest, who will be a senior at UA this fall, is dating a guy whose parents have a second home in Charleston (yes, they're well off; main residence is in Highland Park area of Dallas).  They've been there 4-5 times over the past year and she loves it.  Considering it's her, maybe the shopping is great there.   :D   But seriously, when he enters law school there next year I have no doubt she'll follow him there and it may be where they settle if they get married.

Well, if it doesn't work out with this fella, I'd like his number.
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 29, 2016, 12:24:57 pm

My oldest when he was a freshman went down to the aTm game with some of his pledge brothers, they lived in HP. He told me when I saw him at the game, "Dad, their yard looks like the country club, only better". I told him to study hard, if not, marry well!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2016, 01:03:19 pm
My oldest when he was a freshman went down to the aTm game with some of his pledge brothers, they lived in HP. He told me when I saw him at the game, "Dad, their yard looks like the country club, only better". I told him to study hard, if not, marry well!

Wiser words were never spoken.

God bless that boy if he marries her.  (and.....God help him.)

Großer Kriegschwein

I used to live in Myrtle. The beach was WAY too touristy for me, but I went there for the women. I got into the Bowery, Mother Fletcher's and Studebaker's for free (I DJ'd in Conway at a local-only club and there were family perks for me at the Alabama Theater at Barefoot Landing).

North Myrtle was always more relaxed. If they'd have figured out a way to move Sloppy Joe's and Peach's Corner up to Ocean Drive, I'd move there after I retire. It had als turned into the strip club area in the Kings Highway area (not that I much care about that).

Pawley's Island is where you wanna go to catch blue crab if you can find a spot. Mickey Spillane used to live there and let my mother and brother pull in crabs off his pier while she was pregnant with me.

Yes, I was born there, before there was a hospital in MB, so it was the old Conway hospital.

This is my non-signature signature.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 29, 2016, 12:32:53 pm
Well, if it doesn't work out with this fella, I'd like his number.

Hahaha!  I was gonna say I might be a little sweet on him myself.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.