• 377,655 Topics
• 21,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clemson National Championship Shirts  (Read 1618 times)

1 hog n eldo

• Varsity
Clemson National Championship Shirts
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:12:10 pm »

:D

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Waldron Bulldogs 3-2
Re: Clemson National Championship Shirts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:24:31 pm »

I don't get it

PP

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

1 hog n eldo

• Varsity
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 05:25:06 pm »

I don't get it

Academy had to send the Clemson championship gear back. They print all the shirts before the game. So instead of burning the merchandice...
PP

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Waldron Bulldogs 3-2
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 06:00:23 pm »

I was assuming this thread was going to show what the unused shirt looked like, not some black child dancing....hence the confusion

PP

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:16:30 pm »

I was assuming this thread was going to show what the unused shirt looked like, not some black child dancing....hence the confusion

PP

Usually what happens is the shirts get sold as mass surplus and shipped off to different parts of the world;  it isn't that uncommon to find 'championship winner' shirts, for teams that lose titles, in third world locations.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 04:23:14 pm »

It was funny.

Bacons Rebellion

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 07:46:09 pm »

PP

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/sports/football/04gear.html

MIAMI, Feb. 3 — In some parts of the world, the Seattle Seahawks are the reigning Super Bowl champions, the Buffalo Bills are the last great football dynasty and Tom Brady is some frustrated quarterback from New England who can never win it all.

So say the T-shirts and the caps worn in Niger, Uganda and Sierra Leone.

The Super Bowl will end about 10 p.m. Sunday, and by 10:01 every player on the winning team — along with coaches, executives, family members and ball boys — could be outfitted in colorful T-shirts and caps proclaiming them champions.

The other set of championship gear — the 288 T-shirts and caps made for the team that did not win — will be hidden behind a locked door at Dolphin Stadium. By order of the National Football League, those items are never to appear on television or on eBay. They are never even to be seen on American soil.

They will be shipped Monday morning to a warehouse in Sewickley, Pa., near Pittsburgh, where they will become property of World Vision, a relief organization that will package the clothing in wooden boxes and send it to a developing nation, usually in Africa.

This way, the N.F.L. can help one of its charities and avoid traumatizing one of its teams.

“Where these items go, the people don’t have electricity or running water,” said Jeff Fields, a corporate relations officer for World Vision. “They wouldn’t know who won the Super Bowl. They wouldn’t even know about football.”

The gear is flown, along with school and medical supplies, into a major city. It is then driven to one of the villages where World Vision staff members work. They distribute the shirts and caps at a community center, about two per family.

Beth Colleton, the N.F.L.’s director for community ventures, worked for a month at a World Vision service area in Ethiopia. One day, she saw a boy in the village wearing a Green Bay Packers 1998 Super Bowl champions T-shirt.

husker71

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 04:42:16 pm »

I am trying to buy a Time magazine with Hillary on the front that says MADAM  PRESIDENT   found a few but very high priced   

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 03:47:48 pm »

LOL

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 05:11:19 am »

I actually found a 2012 College world series champions Arkansas shirt on ebay once. I still kick myself not buying it. It would have been fun to have
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please. KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas