Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Rangers 2014

Started by Willyboy, April 18, 2014, 11:46:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Willyboy

I think there's enough Ranger fans lying around that we can keep one of these threads interesting at least, so here goes...

I hope we can get Harrison back to the team ASAP because I don't think I can stomach another Tanner Scheppers start.  Yesterday he was handed a 4-0 lead and in the top of the 2nd he allowed them to tie the game after only 4 hitters (H,BB,HR,HR).  And I hope when he goes back to the bullpen this hasn't messed him up because he was dynamite last year.

It feels like we're off to a slow start but we only 1.5 games behind the As before this weekend series vs the white sox. 

I've been impressed with Kouzmanoff so far.  He's actually been a capable replacement for Beltre, now if we can just get Fielder to hit the ball in the air and not on the ground.  His ground ball rate is ridiculously high.

Willyboy

Last night's win was great.  It's gonna be another dogfight with As this year and hopefully we put it together this year.  Having Beltre back should be a huge boost.

Willyboy

What a series for the Rangers!  Clutch hitting and wow Martin Perez!  Go Rangers.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs

More like DLOA.

Doesn't help that Jon Daniels has appeared to be a better gm for the Baltimore Orioles than the Rangers.

TX HOG

So who do the rangers trade in the next few weeks? Soria, rios, Elvis??

pigture perfect

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It's  a shame what is happening to what was one of the best teams in baseball just 2-3 years ago.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

userpick

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 21, 2014, 03:41:49 pm
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It's  a shame what is happening to what was one of the best teams in baseball just 2-3 years ago.

What's funny is even with all the injuries we have scored enough runs to win a lot of games. I know he won't be, but I think Jon Daniels should be on the hot seat. Joe Saunders? That's who we sign? Our pitching is worse than it was in the early 2000s. I've never trusted Matt Harrison. IF he ever returns to the mound, he still won't be reliable. They need a David Price type pitcher to go along with Darvish. Hopefully Perez comes back fully healthy. If that happens, we should be competitive in the near future. In the meantime, I'm cheering for that overall #1 pick!

TX HOG

Harrison, holland, Perez all had to be replaced in the rangers rotation this yr

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: TX HOG on July 21, 2014, 03:59:43 pm
Harrison, holland, Perez all had to be replaced in the rangers rotation this yr

So did Jarrod Parker and A.J. Griffin for Oakland. How are the A's doin? ;)
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ucahogfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 21, 2014, 04:23:35 pm
Traded away their top 2 prospects to compensate for the loss as well.  If Griffin and Parker are still healthy, the As more than likely don't trade away Russell.

The Braves also lost Medlen and Beachy to injury before the year and we seem to be playing pretty well.

Dr. Starcs

Rangers lost profar, fielder, kouzmanoff and Moreland for the year in the lineup as well. In addition to that, beltre and choo have spent significant amount of time on the dl.

Need to rebuild for next year.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 21, 2014, 05:10:32 pm
Traded away their top 2 prospects to compensate for the loss as well.  If Griffin and Parker are still healthy, the As more than likely don't trade away Russell.

The Braves also lost Medlen and Beachy to injury before the year and we seem to be playing pretty well.

The team will look vastly different in 2016, when Donaldson, Cespedes, Samardzija, and other top players will be FAs or eligible for arbitration. It's worth those two prospects though, for sure.

The A's had the best staff well before the trade for Samardzija & Hammel (who has sucked since his return to the AL). We sent Milone down even though he's gone 6-0 over his last 10, and given up 3 runs or less over 11 of his last 12 starts. Fans aren't happy with Hammel or god awful former closer Jim Johnson (6.25 ERA).
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

TX HOG

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 21, 2014, 04:23:35 pm

For sure. A's are deep

DeltaBoy

The Bats are stacked and the Rangers are sitting HOME!  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: My Wife is mad.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

GolfNut57

Wonder who they are looking at as their next manager for 2015?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy

First they need to sack Jon BOY Daniels.   He is a MOTHO!

pigture perfect

They need to make a play for Dusty Baker.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GolfNut57

I hear Bobby Valentine is available.  :D
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy

jrulz83

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 02, 2014, 09:17:51 pm
I hear Bobby Valentine is available.  :D

I think Robby Valentine is also available:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

DeltaBoy

The Current ownership popped the pooch when they ran off Nolan and kept Jon Boy around.

Dr. Starcs

Bump for 2015.

After last year, Jon Daniels needs to be given some credit for this years moves.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 30, 2015, 05:47:11 pm
Bump for 2015.

After last year, Jon Daniels needs to be given some credit for this years moves.

That will never happen, though.

Delta? What say you?

bp

Dr. Starcs

Dr. Starcs

Well Delta must be out on a date with Shields.

Anyway, Rangers looked great today winning game 1 in Toronto and beating David price.

Cole Hamels will go tomorrow. Beltre was injured (back stiffness) and left the game in the 3rd inning after hitting in a run. Rangers definitely need him for the long haul.

popcornhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 08, 2015, 05:33:31 pm
Well Delta must be out on a date with Shields.

Anyway, Rangers looked great today winning game 1 in Toronto and beating David price.

Cole Hamels will go tomorrow. Beltre was injured (back stiffness) and left the game in the 3rd inning after hitting in a run. Rangers definitely need him for the long haul.

There wasn't much info post game about Beltre. Huge loss though.

The Donaldson injury for the Jays is even bigger though.

Solid win for the Rangers -- I didn't see that coming.
WPS

Dr. Starcs

Beltre, by all accounts is the team leader and led the majors in the month of September in rbis. Donaldson is a great player, both mean a tremendous amount for their teams.

I expect Donaldson to play tomorrow as he passed the initial concussion protocols.

I'm thinking beltre will get the day off since they won game 1 and will try to play game 3 Sunday.

Dr. Starcs

How is that delta is on every forum, yet somehow manages to not show up here?

C'mon delta, take it like a man.

Anyway, classic 14 inning win for texas today to take a 2-0 series lead headed back to Arlington. Beltre has played a grand total of 2+ innings out of 23 played. Rangers have to feel good.

On the side, Donaldson showed his butt today late in the ballgame by yelling repeated obscenities at one of the rangers relief pitchers. Caused both benches to clear, but nobody was thrown out.

popcornhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 09, 2015, 05:20:05 pm
How is that delta is on every forum, yet somehow manages to not show up here?

C'mon delta, take it like a man.

Anyway, classic 14 inning win for texas today to take a 2-0 series lead headed back to Arlington. Beltre has played a grand total of 2+ innings out of 23 played. Rangers have to feel good.

On the side, Donaldson showed his butt today late in the ballgame by yelling repeated obscenities at one of the rangers relief pitchers. Caused both benches to clear, but nobody was thrown out.

Is Delta a Blue Jays fan?
WPS

Dr. Starcs

I think he's a ranger fan, but clearly trashed Jon Daniels moves.

popcornhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 09, 2015, 06:48:39 pm
I think he's a ranger fan, but clearly trashed Jon Daniels moves.

He comments in the Cardinals thread from time to time cheering on the good guys.
WPS

Dr. Starcs

Dr. Starcs

Elvis Andrus pretty much single-handedly giving Toronto this game.

I must say these Toronto guys and fans are punks.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 14, 2015, 06:13:29 pm
Elvis Andrus pretty much single-handedly giving Toronto this game.

I must say these Toronto guys and fans are punks.
dat Jose Bautista bat flip tho......................

McKdaddy

Yeah, chucking $10 stadium beers is an unwise move. Particularly in the 7th inning when last call would normally be near. Bad move Jays fans.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

DeltaBoy

Jon Boy just rubs me the wrong way.  I will give him this the Ball Park in Arlington is easy in and out, clean friendly and good food.  We set in the Lexus section and got treated like VIP's.  Sorry guys I don't get on the baseball board much once the Rangers or Red Birds are out.