Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson vs. Haith: Mizzou, Your Future is Bleak

Started by Smithian, February 18, 2013, 09:57:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on February 19, 2013, 01:21:49 pm
I'm just convinced I'll never understand RPI numbers. When you said Oklahoma was #17 I looked them up. Lost every meaningful OOC game they played (Arkansas, trounced by Gonzaga, SF Austin at home). Best OOC win was likely TAMU at home. Big 12 conference play they don't have any bad loses which help. Beat OK St. and Kansas at home and @Baylor. They have a better resume but amazing they are 60 spots ahead of us.

Your not special, I'm a numbers guys and this RPI ( and there are different ones) always makes me scratch my head.

Jborohog09

Quote from: littlerockhawg on February 19, 2013, 12:47:05 pm
I was puzzled by this as well but my guess it comes down to RPI. Missouri is currently at 36, while we're at 78.

Missouri:
Best Wins OOC: neutrals sites: Illinois (28), VCU (35),Stanford (73),and at home against Bucknell (56) all teams with higher RPIs than us
OOC loses: @UCLA by 3 in OT (41), neutral site against Louisville (7)

Arkansas:
Best wins OOC: Oklahoma at home (17) . Unless I'm missing something I don't see that we have another OOC win against a team in the top 100 of the RPI.

OOC loses: neutral sites: AZ State (72), Wisconsin (27)
                at home: Syracuse (9)
                on the road: Michigan (8)

Northwestern State has an RPI of 90 according to ESPN.com.

littlerockhawg

Quote from: Jborohog09 on February 19, 2013, 01:26:55 pm
Northwestern State has an RPI of 90 according to ESPN.com.

Good catch, I figured I'd missed one but unfortunately I don't think they help are case a whole lot. 

31to6

Quote from: azhog10 on February 19, 2013, 09:12:24 am
I think he admitted that Columbia would probably be a different story this year. Honestly it may be like that majority of times. We, along with almost all SEC teams (including yours) can't win on the road. By conference the SEC seems to have the worst road record of almost any conference. Just the way it goes.
Our 93/94 & 94/95 squads went 11-5 in SEC road games, and that was a team that won over 60 games in two seasons. Our road record was above .500 but not by that much through the 90's when the Razorbacks won more games than any other basketball program in the nation.

Winning on the road in the SEC is hard. I don't know if it is style of play, coaching, officiating or what, but it's just the reality.