Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many have the patience to get there?

Started by Hogindasticks, October 20, 2017, 09:44:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 20, 2017, 10:38:49 pm
Louisville ain't Arkansas, Louisville is a city, Arkansas is a state.

Not a top 25 team with a Heisman winner....hummm

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:40:04 pm

That would beat us like a drum.....hummm!

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:38:07 pm
Not going anywhere....supporting Hogs and Coach B.....When success comes, it will be so sweet!

At what point do you stop supporting Coach B? Real question. Say, if we lose to Coastal Carolina, what then? I know we won't. But I'm talking hypothetically here. Say he loses to them, keeps his job, and goes 0-12 next year. What then? Everyone has their limit and most people have reached their limit. What's yours?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PonderinHog

This kind of building reminds me of the carpenter that cut a board three times and it was still too short.   ::)

Hogindasticks

October 20, 2017, 10:44:39 pm #54 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:56:43 pm by Hogindasticks
At the point that he doesn't put quality freshmen in the system.......He has that.......once the quality freshmen stop.....then the program stops.......Recruiting for next year has some quality fellas that are committed.....I see alot of good things as long as we can get deep in those spots.....limited reputation=limited recruiting...I believe that will change as he becomes the FACE of the hogs...

But, Its not about 1 year.......its not about 2 years of being down, its about long term program that is STABLE and that has quality coaches that can help the kids get better.....there are some coaches that may need to be worked on in the system...I agree with that, but overall the system is getting better with better coaches over time.

hogfanmd

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:40:04 pm

telling me to be patient with Beliema as our coach, is about as good of
Advice as suggesting I invest my 401K in Sears stock.  Just got to be patient

HogPharmer

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with optimism. I applaud your optimism. But I can't help but look at this team and this coaching staff realistically. I hit my breaking point last year in the loss to Mizzou. I was leaving work last year during half time of the bowl game vs VT. My coworkers were giving me a hard time because we were thumping them I told them to watch the second half and that I in no way would be surprised if we lost. Did I want us to lose? Of course not. But I've seen CBB enough to know that a 24-0 lead was not safe by any means. Look what happened.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:44:39 pm
At the point that he doesn't put quality freshmen in the system.......He has that.......once the quality freshmen stop.....then the program stops.......Recruiting for next year has some quality fellas that are committed.....I see alot of good things as long as we can get deep in those spots.....limited reputation=limited recruiting...I believe that will change as he becomes the FACE of the hogs...

Quality freshmen don't win football games. Quality freshmen must be DEVELOPED into quality upperclassmen in order to win and produce a winning environment and team. What CBB has done is bring in quality freshmen and not made them ANY better. That's why you've got Offensive Linemen that we're drafted as 4*'s and are now sitting on the bench behind walk-on freshmen.

Rayzback

Not going anywhere....supporting Hogs and Coach B.....When success comes, it will be so sweet!

We can agree on one thing, success would be so sweet.

I don't believe the cupboard was bare when he took the job. I expected to be further along in year 5 of the building process. I don't think it's the players fault.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

hogfanmd

I'm not against Beliema.  I'm against losing and failure to improve.

rude1

You are obviously trolling. No person being honest would dare make such a statement as this. We haven't beaten a P5 opponent since last year, the proof is what's happening on the field where it matters, not someone ridiculously insulting our intelligence with this "stay the course" nonsense..................

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 20, 2017, 10:48:39 pm
Quality freshmen don't win football games. Quality freshmen must be DEVELOPED into quality upperclassmen in order to win and produce a winning environment and team. What CBB has done is bring in quality freshmen and not made them ANY better. That's why you've got Offensive Linemen that we're drafted as 4*'s and are now sitting on the bench behind walk-on freshmen.

Bullony

bob slydell

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 20, 2017, 10:41:41 pm
At what point do you stop supporting Coach B? Real question. Say, if we lose to Coastal Carolina, what then? I know we won't. But I'm talking hypothetically here. Say he loses to them, keeps his job, and goes 0-12 next year. What then? Everyone has their limit and most people have reached their limit. What's yours?

I think he should get fired if he beats Coastal by a smaller margin than ASU did.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

HogPharmer

Tusks

BB is a loser at Arkansas.  He is losing at historical levels.  Enough is enough, time for him to move on and the hogs to hire some 'hope'.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

3kgthog

Five years is usually the max amount of patience at any P5 program. In fact, Bielema has been babied more here than any coach we've ever had. The time for giving cookies for moral victories is over.

HatfieldHog

Hogindasticks, do you really think Arkansas football is going in the right direction?  Maybe you desire losing, because that is the direction that Razorback football is going.  As for your idiotic attitude that those of us who desire a new coach at the helm of Arkansas football, are not supporting the Hogs, you are wrong! I support these young men that are playing the games, but I'm not blinded to the fact that their leadership isn't putting them in the place to succeed on the field of play!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

presidenthog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 09:48:07 pm
Ok...lets keep starting over every other year and see how far it gets us....it won't.  You can say what you want about any coach....but I am seeing a track record of players going to the NFL and playing as a sign that the correct instruction is there.        If that instruction is there.........shut up, sit back and watch the show.

What I'm seeing is mismanaging NFL talent and underachieving with it.

The 2014 and 15 teams were loaded. We went 3 games over .500  with a bunch of NFL starters, and a few future pro bowl players, and one who will be a HOF player when he is done. Bert is a loser. Stop defending him.

Tusks

But, Its not about 1 year.......its not about 2 years of being down, its about long term program that is STABLE and that has quality coaches that can help the kids get better.....there are some coaches that may need to be worked on in the system...I agree with that, but overall the system is getting better with better coaches over time.

That is not how a program wins.  It maybe how a program like Vandy does it, but it's not how to win at a high level.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 20, 2017, 09:51:06 pm
Every other year? It's been 5 years.
You, particularly you, have been complaining and calling for his firing since year 1.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HogPharmer

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:57:24 pm
Bullony

How many accounts do you have? I mean this one, Ward is one and what? 10, 12 more?

Dude is a joke. He isn't building anything other than a fire...in a dumpster. A large one.

PRJ

jkstock04

I think the OP is a troll. Pretty good one at that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogPharmer

Tiredofhogssucking

The OP is likely a family friend of CBB or Jen.

Overlooking actual performance on the field and only wants to highlight how long it takes to build a program.  There is REAL evidence from the last 5 years that proves CBB can't get it done at Arkansas. I'm not sure how much more time is needed...

buldozer

Year 5, losing season, no plan for improvement..... Its over. CBB will move on one way or the other

Porkchop#1

Quote from: 5 little pigs on October 20, 2017, 09:52:28 pm
I question my patience for sure, we haven't made the progress this year that I thought we would but obviously losing Pittman hurt us more than anyone thought, both recruiting and on the field.  I like CBB and think if we stick with him a couple more years he will get it done.  Just really started with NOTHING.  Petrino and especially John L left a train wreck!!!  Painful at present but starting over just prolongs the misery!!
Yeah, that's why CBB's best teams were the ones built with players from those two coaches.

nchogg

There are things I do like about our football program. I did not see us this year without a win in the SEC so far. I am not happy with the product on the field. I am not calling for CB's head. I would like to see CB wake up and smell the coffee and put his team where they should be at this time. Personally I would give him one more year. Since our second game this year most want to throw him under the bus. None of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 20, 2017, 10:30:51 pm
A "crappy" Louisville team that would beat us like a drum. Keep in mind that the ACC is probably the best conference in football right now. They were last year too. Bret still can't compete (much less win) in the SEC which is downright deplorable right now.
Your ACC argument is stupid.  FSU is down and out.  Louisville choked.  Clemson choked.  Clemson squeezed past an Aub team that is trying to fire their coach.  Bama and Georgia May be the two best teams in the country.

If SEC is second, it would be to the B10.  The B10 powers still have to play each other and see who comes out clean. 

Bama and Georgia will meet in SECCG undefeated.  Close game and they could potentially both go to playoffs if other conferences melt.

hawgon

You are undoubtedly Jeff Long.  And you sir, have proved to be a high functioning retard.  If you honestly believe what you have posted, you are simply living in an alternate reality.  There is no system.  There is no organization.  It is an unmitigated disaster on the field and I suspect, much more so off the field than we are being lead to believe.

Hogidasticks, I sincerely do not believe you actually believe what you started this thread with.  We soon will have 5 wasted years with this HC.  Throw in John L and that 6 wasted years and no hope n sight.  Bret cannot remove us from the losers list if he stayed another 5 years.  This Guy hasn't got it and likely never will have what it takes to just get us back to the upper half of the SEC.  Arkansas should never be in the bottom half of the 14 conference teams, yet we've drowned in sorrow there for most of his tenure here.  This will not change. 

During Bret's time here, we've sorted through approximately 20 assistants and, of course, none of them were satisfactory.  We run THROUGH approximately 100 players without being able to put a truly decent team on the field yet and we've actually practiced approximately 200 players without being able to sort through, chose and present a decent, well rounded team from those 200 opportunities.  HOW MUCH MORE TIME DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Tiredofhogssucking on October 21, 2017, 02:40:09 am
The OP is likely a family friend of CBB or Jen.

Overlooking actual performance on the field and only wants to highlight how long it takes to build a program.  There is REAL evidence from the last 5 years that proves CBB can't get it done at Arkansas. I'm not sure how much more time is needed...

The OP wouldn't know Bret if he fell on him....

PRJ

farmhawg

Getting better?! WTH are you looking at? Must just be trolling.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 09:44:29 pm
It's a process.....I am just wondering how many razorback fans have the patience to have ANYONE coach a football team (leave the coach alone and let him build) at Arkansas.  Anyone that coaches here will go thru all the pains of growing a quality program.  From what I am seeing......not many.  Instant success can't be had by a program that has gone thru the pains of what this program has gone thru in the last decade.

We aren't building though......We are going absolutely nowhere.....after five seasons, we look like a joke this year......this is the Bielema way.....now if we were looking like a 7 or 8 win team, maybe things would be different, but when we are scared we can't even get to four, and he's making $4 MILLION a year.....No, he's had time, and 4-8 is unexcusable......especially when you are recruiting top 25 classes the way Bert has.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Hawg2afault

With the money my family keeps throwing down the hole, patients are hard to come by.  A good coach can recruit to ANY place and turn around a program in two years.  If a coach is any good, they have the confidence that they can get it done, and done quickly.

Hogs-n-Roses

Just to be clear.OP are we asking to move this from a 4-5 year project to a 8-10 year project. And do these count the 1-2 year pass in the beginning and so are we implementing one now for rebuilding.

razorsharptusk

My patience is spent.  I don't think majority of this fan base was expecting "instant success".  The fans have been more than patient.  Had CBB won 8-10 games this year, with a look of some sort of direction instead of massive chaos, like a first year coached team, I think you would not be hearing the "get rid of CBB" talk.   But enough is enough.  This program is not coming out of the basement under his leadership.  10 - 27 over 5 years.  Possibly no SEC win this year.  That has to be unacceptable even to the most patient fan.

GO HOGS!!

LJHOG

In my case, it is not a question of patience.  It's a question longevity.  We have been in the SEC 35 years and have yet to win the conference.  I don't have another 35 to wait.  In other words, as long as our "integrity" is more important than our "winning percentage" I do not expect to see Arkansas win the SEC in my lifetime.  And if this mindset is to be the governing principle going forward I suggest Arkansas abandon the SEC for more suitable conference.

Ex-Trumpet

Where is "there?"  Maybe if we all had a definitive "there" we may all agree.

But I doubt it.  Five years ago "there" was competing for the SEC in five years.  We are not "there."

Five years later, where is "there?"
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 09:44:29 pm
It's a process.....I am just wondering how many razorback fans have the patience to have ANYONE coach a football team (leave the coach alone and let him build) at Arkansas.  Anyone that coaches here will go thru all the pains of growing a quality program.  From what I am seeing......not many.  Instant success can't be had by a program that has gone thru the pains of what this program has gone thru in the last decade.

I just puked in my mouth a little...again...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

The Razorback program is larger than any one coach....and this coach is a loser....

goodguytex

It breaks my heart to say what I'm about to say, but if we don't see this team actually improving and playing together as this season progresses, it's going to be necessary to make a change.

I don't think one will be made after this year though. But if we keep going like we are now, one needs to be made so our program can get going in the right direction.

One thing I'm keeping an eye on is stadium construction. They are working hard on the outside structure and facade, the area where the team walks up and into the stadium. You can get a more complete picture what our stadium will look like. It will be unique, it will be beautiful, and a great place for fan experience, but not if we have a program regressing every year and we aren't able to fill the stadium and it's quiet as a mouse in there.

Our fans deserve better than that. That stadium deserves better than what we have right now. And I'm not trying to attack bielema. I want him to succeed at Arkansas. But he may be in over his head at this point. His staff was full of well respected and highly accomplished people when he came to Arkansas.

Now the staff is full of people for the most part with little to no experience actually coaching as assistant coaches in the SEC. There's a reason this conference has been the best for so long. And here bielema is hiring quality control people as assistants, or assistant to the Oline coach. Hiring people lacking in quality experience shows in lack of preparing this team. And it shows in how they are playing.

At this point, I would gladly take Les Miles or even Phil Fulmer. At least they knew how to win long term and consistently in this conference.

I'm not saying either of those 2 should be our HC. But at least they have the experience in putting consistently winning product in this conference on the field. And a good staff. I'll take that over what we have now. And I wish I didn't feel this way.

We are at 4 losses now. We are going to be removed from bowl eligibility pretty quick if they don't get it figured out. I hope they can. Time is running out.

CareBear

Quote from: hawgon on October 20, 2017, 10:09:17 pm
This has to be an elaborate joke.

I agree....
The propaganda terms & talking points like: dumpster fire, train wreck, total rebuild, etc. are misnomers. We had plenty of good players. We've seen real football here for the majority of my 42 yrs. No we have not always had a Championship level team & yes we had a few bad seasons here & there. It's always been an uphill battle in recruiting, but I feel that winning brings in the recruits. NWA is much, much more diverse than it was even 10 yrs ago. IMO that is a good thing on all levels even outside of football & only helps recruiting. The reality is that CBB is not a good coach. What does he do well? He was the "yes man" that Coach Alvarez anointed to run the Wisconsin program. He has never built a program. He didn't develop any players. His assistants did...& he seems to have issues keeping assistants around. IMO it's more about the assistant coaches realizing that CBB is in way over his head. He seems to play favorites and he has been inept in regards to personnel decisions, play calling, halftime adjustments, etc. THese last 5yrs have been gross. That chip on thy shoulder Razorback spirit has been gone for awhile now. I look forward to it's return. Sooner > later !

007 License To Squeal

Yep.  The OP is a multiple-account troll.....I wish Lanny would allow us to see posters' IP addresses....

Atlhogfan1

I asked this in the past. But patience has qualifiers. The patience was killed by the AU,Mizzou and VT games last season.  Bielema killed the goodwill.   Couldn't go out with the performances we had this season following last season.  The trust he won't Frank up even a good team is gone.  I wanted this to work.  Thought the original plan to build a sustainable program was sound. He failed to follow it or accomplish it. And even if he would in a season or two, again I think he would Frank up the opportunities it would bring. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

If Bret had the integrity Jeff Long says he wants for the team, he would just say I am sorry, work out a realistic payout and leave after todays game, win or lose.  Bret is standing in the way of progress, not building it.

Roaringboar

Quote from: 12247 on October 21, 2017, 12:31:48 pm
If Bret had the integrity Jeff Long says he wants for the team, he would just say I am sorry, work out a realistic payout and leave after todays game, win or lose.  Bret is standing in the way of progress, not building it.

Won't happen.......though I do wish we'd fire this guy after the game tonight if we lose in the blow-out I'm expecting......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

RexMentor

How to recruit at Arkansas:
1. Target a recruiting territory of Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana and Florida. Go to other states (specifically the Midwest) for linemen or skill players with ties to Arkansas.
2. Look at only 3 4 and 5 star athletes. The determining factor should be SEC speed. The goal should be three 4 or 5 star athletes from each state. If that can't be done, the goal should be three or four on each side of the ball.
3. Redshirt every lineman every year. Tell the recruits this is needed to get an SEC body. Sell them that this preparation time is needed to get a look from the NFL.
4. Tell 4 and 5 stars this: Yes, you're going to get offers from the likes of Alabama. But here's the truth. Go there and you'll one of many 4 and 5 star players. You may or may not see the field. At Arkansas, your chances of playing and being noticed by the NFL are much better -- given work, likely the same amount of work you'd need to be one of many at Alabama.
5. Remember this: Only 1 percent of college athletes get drafted into the NFL. And only 1 percent of those play for more than five years. I know the NFL is your goal, but the chances of actually making it in the NFL are iffy. I'm not saying you can't do it. I think you can. I'm telling you you need to come to a school where you can be a standout talent. You can go to a place like Alabama and be one star in a galaxy. Or, you can come to Arkansas and be a superstar if you want it bad enough.
6. I know Arkansas isn't at the top of the list of elite college teams. But it can be with your help. You can go to a place like Alabama and rent a legacy for three or four years. Or, you can come to Arkansas and make and own a legacy for the rest of your life. Do you want to rent or own?
7. Arkansas is also intent on preparing you for life after football. Each month, more than 1,000 people moved to Northwest Arkansas because of the opportunities here. It's consistently ranked as one of the top places to live in the U.S. There are Fortune 500 companies here. Successful Razorbacks get noticed in Northwest Arkansas. That's an advantage not many other job seekers have. And, we've got the connections in business to help.
8. Come to Arkansas and you'll be a real person, not just a player.

Recruiting is actually hard and actually easy, Bottom line, recruiting is salesmanship. Examine it objectively and Arkansas has a lot to sell.

The Hawg Marshal

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: kaiserhog on October 20, 2017, 10:29:01 pm
This ranks as one of the dumbest posts in Hogville history.  You either have an agenda or.... We won't mention that as we are trying to be civil.
Thats not even knowable based on the number of dumb posts ive read thus far, the premise is sound.