Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This board is a great example of what is really wrong

Started by lakecityhog, March 20, 2017, 09:07:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

We are so worked up over the calls that helped UNC overcome us that we fail to see the bigger picture.
If ALL fans would look at the truly BLOWN calls during the 1st weekend instead of focusing on the calls that affected "their" team we might have a chance to actually bring about some change!

IF all of the fans that are tired of seeing the "lesser" teams play their guts out and have the games snatched from them by the game officials would all band together and "encourage" the AD's at Northwestern, Rhode Island, Arkansas, Saint Mary's, Wichita State and many others to file a formal protest with the NCAA, the NCAA might start to get the message. We see this every year, the "big market" teams are protected, protected to the point of making me question the integrity of the tournament.

People should be asking why certain teams ALWAYS seem to get the most favorable locations. Why do some teams get horrible matchups while others seem to get the easiest draw imaginable? Ever wonder why so many times a 5 loses to a 12 or a 6 to an 11? Could it be that MANY times teams are waaaay overseeded?

We need to remember that complaining about calls against your own team often sound like sour grapes and are pretty easy to refute as just that! We need to be complaining about Northwestern getting screwed, about Saint Mary's not getting a fair shake. Let Rhode Island talk about how Carolina benefitted from the referees being clearly biased! Now it sounds like what it really is, FANS tired of the integrity of the game being questioned in the name of RATINGS!!! Dickie V, being old and senile spoke some of his most honest words during the Kentucky/Arkansas game. "Everyone at ESPN is rooting for Kentucky because of ratings."!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: lakecityhog on March 20, 2017, 09:07:48 pm
We are so worked up over the calls that helped UNC overcome us that we fail to see the bigger picture.
If ALL fans would look at the truly BLOWN calls during the 1st weekend instead of focusing on the calls that affected "their" team we might have a chance to actually bring about some change!

IF all of the fans that are tired of seeing the "lesser" teams play their guts out and have the games snatched from them by the game officials would all band together and "encourage" the AD's at Northwestern, Rhode Island, Arkansas, Saint Mary's, Wichita State and many others to file a formal protest with the NCAA, the NCAA might start to get the message. We see this every year, the "big market" teams are protected, protected to the point of making me question the integrity of the tournament.

People should be asking why certain teams ALWAYS seem to get the most favorable locations. Why do some teams get horrible matchups while others seem to get the easiest draw imaginable? Ever wonder why so many times a 5 loses to a 12 or a 6 to an 11? Could it be that MANY times teams are waaaay overseeded?

We need to remember that complaining about calls against your own team often sound like sour grapes and are pretty easy to refute as just that! We need to be complaining about Northwestern getting screwed, about Saint Mary's not getting a fair shake. Let Rhode Island talk about how Carolina benefitted from the referees being clearly biased! Now it sounds like what it really is, FANS tired of the integrity of the game being questioned in the name of RATINGS!!! Dickie V, being old and senile spoke some of his most honest words during the Kentucky/Arkansas game. "Everyone at ESPN is rooting for Kentucky because of ratings."!!!

been hearing this same stuff as long as I can remember, which is about 1975.

As for why teams get favorable locations, it goes with winning at a high level. Kind of like 1994 when the Hogs got sent to Tulsa and Dallas.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gchamblee

They mock integrity in mmq but wish to have it restored in the NCAA tournament