Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU RB reportedly facing 3 felony charges, including attempted 2nd-degree murder

Started by jbcarol, February 15, 2024, 05:47:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

LSU RB reportedly facing 3 felony charges, including attempted second-degree murder
Keith Farner |

QuoteLSU running back is reportedly facing 3 felony charges, including attempted second-degree murder, according to a report from ESPN.

Sheriff Dusty Gates of the Union Parish Sheriff's Office in Farmerville, Louisiana, said that LSU running back Trey Holly has been taken into custody on charges that also include aggravated criminal damage to property and illegal use of a weapon. Farmerville is Holly's hometown.

This is reportedly related to a shooting on Feb. 9. Holly turned himself in on Thursday, Thamel reported Gates saying, and Holly is being held on a $512,000 bond.

Holly is "suspended indefinitely from all team activities, in accordance with departmental policies" after his arrest, LSU said...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

tophawg19

What is wrong with these crazy kids. They throw their lives and other peoples away for nothing
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jbcarol

LSU RB Trey Holly releases statement

Charged with attempted murder

by:
Chandler Vessels

QuoteLSU running back Trey Holly is speaking out after he was charged with attempted second-degree murder this past week. Holly turned himself in at the Union Parish Sheriff's Office on Thursday and faced two more charges of aggravated criminal damage to property and illegal use of a weapon.

The Tigers running back, who just finished his true freshman season in Baton Rouge, took to X on Saturday evening

"As you guys know I was recently arrested on 3 felony charges," Holly wrote in his statement. "I have been falsely identified, accused and arrested. I am 100% innocent and the people who know me know this is not in my character at all. I was not involved in the incident at all. I was at home, which is where the incident took place. I turned myself in because I was notified of an arrest warrant and I wanted to fully cooperate.

"Due to this being an ongoing investigation, I cannot give many details. To my fans, I'm sorry for all the confusion but you guys know this is not me at all. I will come back better than ever and I look forward to proving my innocence. To the REAL ONES thank you guys for standing beside me through this tough time. I got this and my story will be told one day and it will be LEGENDARY."

Police explained that a shooting occurred at a Union Parish apartment complex on Friday, Feb. 9, leaving two people injured. One woman was shot three times and left in critical condition, while another man was shot once.

According to On3's Pete Nakos, two others have been arrested in connection with the shooting. One was 18 years old and the other was 17. The 18-year-old is facing attempted first-degree murder charges.

Holly is a freshman running back for the Tigers. He played in three games during his first season in Baton Rouge, tallying 11 carries for 110 yards and a touchdown.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogwild

QuoteA grand jury on Friday rejected the charge of attempted second-degree murder against LSU running back Trey Holly, who was arrested in connection with a shooting earlier this year in Union Parish

jbcarol

Brian Kelly finally reacts to latest on Trey Holly case, updates status with program

by: Thomas Goldkamp

QuoteTrey Holly was arrested in mid-February and charged with three felony counts, including a second-degree attempted murder charge. On Friday, a Union Parish Grand Jury rejected the murder charge, potentially providing a path forward for Holly to rejoin the football team.

He was suspended indefinitely from the team when the charges first surfaced.

Coach Brian Kelly was participating in a coaching clinic when he was presented the news that the murder charge was dropped, from Holly's high school coach:

"Like many of you, the first that I saw of it was I think somebody released it on social media," Kelly said. "We had a coaches' clinic. His high school coach came up to me, who was here at the clinic, and told me that the serious charges were dropped. So we were confident, based upon information that was shared to us. But you just don't know."

Trey Holly does still face some outstanding charges. For one, he faces a charge of illegal use of a weapon but will reportedly plead not guilty to that charge.

The resolution of the legal process will be an important next step for Holly...

"So we'll be, obviously, monitoring and making sure that, I think they're talking about sometime in the middle of April that we could see a full resolution to this," Kelly said. "At that time we'll begin the process in assisting him for reinstatement, and we'll advocate for him on his behalf. And welcome him back."

Following his arrest and subsequent suspension from the team, Holly had to take additional steps to ensure returning to football wouldn't be an issue in the event it became possible.

"We know Trey Holly. We've been with him," Kelly said. "We advocated for him to continue his schooling, and we were happy that he was able to continue his schooling here as an online student. So he's maintained his eligibility because of that."

Report: Grand Jury rejects attempted murder charge against LSU running back Trey Holly