Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random SEC Board comments on Gus

Started by Hog in MO, December 09, 2005, 10:37:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

Oh, and I predict before the recruiting season is over this year, that you will see some definite signs that Gus will be an outstanding recruiter as well.

I expect Devin Thomas who has committed to Michigan State, to switch his pledge to Arkansas!

Gus will get some of these big names on offense this year!  GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Cornhogio

I am by no means drinking the Kool-Aid yet.

But, if you read those boards, this is like hiring some schlub.  He ain't no schlub.  Does anyone think those five kids would have been anywhere near as prolific under Malzahn's predecessor?  I sure don't.  This team's top five in the nation; and it has a ton to do with Malzahn. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Squealers

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 10, 2005, 07:06:42 am
I just don't understand it. Arkansas has just hired a fricken inexperienced unproven HS coach as OC. This is comparable to a Fortune 500 Company promoting someone to Vice-President straight from the mailroom. It's crazy in my opinion. These types of moves are rarely successful. Especially with a clueless head coach the one charged with teaching him the finer points of the college game

Your name says it all.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Broken Trigger

Well, at least a few people of LSU's board seem to be paying Gus some respect.  I think they all are aware of what he could do as a recruiter with his style of offense, that is why they are bashing him.  They want to scare any potential recruits that frequent their boards.   The funny part about it all is that the majority of all those posts suggest  how superior their teams are to Arkansas.  We lost by a total of 6  points combined to LSU and Bama, and we beat Auburn for a half, all this from an Arkansas team that played more freshmen than anyone in the nation.  Plus, for 2/3 of a season we had no passing game.  Oh, i think we will have a few future laughs at the expense of some the SEC's "elite" teams.

othermac

December 10, 2005, 03:25:11 pm #54 Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 03:26:45 pm by othermac
to blindly criticize the hire indicates their is an idoit typing on the other side, gus has a very good track record of which i would bet you that not a single one of them knows anything about, the outside fan immediatly assumes that the hire was done strictly to get mm back on board. to do something like that would be huge huge risk, mainly because nutt knows that if mitch is intrigued by the prospects of working with weiss, hiring his coach to get him has a better chance of blowing up in his face than working. gm has a system, if his system is successful, it wont matter who the qb is, you just plug him in, yes some will be better than others, but the system will have a life all its own. i would bet that gm is a pretty deep thinker and has many offensive philosophies, let them laugh, we will get the last laugh and it wont take long to get here, what about 9 months, and i am thinking we might be laughing for a loooong time.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

Broken Trigger

Well, i like most, want Mustain here at Arkansas with a passion, but something did occur to me.  Even if Mitch does decide to go to another school, i still feel like we shoud have a great shot at a top QB prospect somewhere just because of Gus' offense, ala Texas Tech.

Dumb ole famrboy

The Gus hire frustrates me for the same reasons HDN frustrates me - because the Razorback Program has more than enough money, funding resources and supporters willing to invest in acquiring the best available prooven coaching commodities in the country.

othermac

Quote from: RazorbackRick on December 10, 2005, 03:30:56 pm
Well, i like most, want Mustain here at Arkansas with a passion, but something did occur to me. Even if Mitch does decide to go to another school, i still feel like we shoud have a great shot at a top QB prospect somewhere just because of Gus' offense, ala Texas Tech.

good point, getting mitch will be a boost to the program, but getting a shiney new offensive system could have a much bigger more long term impact.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

Hawg414

Well, i like most, want Mustain here at Arkansas with a passion, but something did occur to me. Even if Mitch does decide to go to another school, i still feel like we shoud have a great shot at a top QB prospect somewhere just because of Gus' offense, ala Texas Tech.

heard of ryan mallet?  hes a QB in texarkana, who has already said even before the malzahn hiring that he wants to play for UA.  as a junior this past year, he was already a consensus top 10 Qb by all the recruiting "experts."  one service had mustain #1 and mallet #6 if i am not mistaken. 

PulledPork

I just don't understand it. Arkansas has just hired a fricken inexperienced unproven HS coach as OC. This is comparable to a Fortune 500 Company promoting someone to Vice-President straight from the mailroom.

Farmer Boy,
you couldn't even think this up on your own, you had to pull it from rival SEC school board!

Plagiarism at it's finest!!!

Hawg414

Quote from: PulledPork on December 10, 2005, 06:37:09 pm
I just don't understand it. Arkansas has just hired a fricken inexperienced unproven HS coach as OC. This is comparable to a Fortune 500 Company promoting someone to Vice-President straight from the mailroom.

Farmer Boy,
you couldn't even think this up on your own, you had to pull it from rival SEC school board!

Plagiarism at it's finest!!!

nice work pork!!

GrizzledHogFan

This is comparable to a Fortune 500 Company promoting someone to Vice-President straight from the mailroom.

Actually it's nothing like that.  If you wanted to make a realistic comparison, it would be more like hiring the manager of an extremely successful and innovative small business.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Dumb ole famrboy

And what other board would that be PulledPork? I don't even read any other SEC boards.

Golfer

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 10, 2005, 06:55:47 pm
And what other board would that be PulledPork? I don't even read any other SEC boards.

Coming from one that can't even spell his user name correctly. lol

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Hawg414 on December 10, 2005, 06:12:16 pm

heard of ryan mallet? hes a QB in texarkana, who has already said even before the malzahn hiring that he wants to play for UA. as a junior this past year, he was already a consensus top 10 Qb by all the recruiting "experts." one service had mustain #1 and mallet #6 if i am not mistaken.

Yeah, i have been hearing of him mostly in the last week with all of the MM controversy.  Good point too, here is a guy that already says he is coming here next year if Mitch doesn't.  I think if Gus is close to as successful as most of us think he will, i believe the Hogs can be a top 10 football program again in the future.

RebelliousHog

Alabama? Stick it up your WAZOO!

Auburn? Screw you and the horse ya rode in on!

LSU? Barely beat us WITHOUT GM! Go straight to Hell. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

PulledPork

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 10, 2005, 06:55:47 pm
and you would be lying, Famrboy, because someone on the Bama board used the same words as you plagiarized.

swoopeshog

Pulled....step away from the keyboard... :D

Having a little fun with you...you're on here as much as I am.
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: othermac on December 10, 2005, 03:25:11 pmto blindly criticize the hire indicates their is an idoit typing on the other side

You mean, blindly support.  And yes, to do that means there is a collossal dumbfrick typing.

Malzhan is a good coach, but we have quite a few of these in this state.  To hang on his jock like a lot of the NWA media and others do, that's idiocy.  Regardless of how you mistakenly see it.

This move is a joke.  The only thing that should've happened was Nutt's move to the unemployment line.

PulledPork

Quote from: swoopeshog on December 10, 2005, 09:03:35 pm
Pulled....step away from the keyboard... :D

Having a little fun with you...you're on here as much as I am.
Actually I haven't been on religiously as normal for me, maybe I am out of practice and can't recognize sarcasm like I used to???     

;D

swoopeshog

Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.