Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11 year old offered b-ball scholie

Started by mbgrulz, December 15, 2005, 11:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

i need some help. i just found an old article about a young boy that played for the arkansas hawks, and was offered a scholarship by the UA. he was 11 or 12 years old, and his name is Gulley III. the rest of the article is torn off. does anyone know what happened to this kid?

Kilgor

Fred Gulley III  Fayetteville, AR  6' 1"  HS class of 2009 ?
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Kilgor

"Last week the Morning News of Northwest Arkansas said Arkansas had offered a scholarship to a local 11-year-old named Fred Gulley III. Razorback coach Stan Heath said it is completely inaccurate. "There's no truth to it," he said Wednesday. "I've never seen the kid and we have not offered a scholarship to any 11-year-old." Heath said one of his assistants did see Gulley at a small event in Fayetteville but never officially offered any scholarships. "It's really unfortunate a young child was put in this kind of situation," he said. "

http://cbs.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,5509131,00.html

Kilgor

corndo

Quote from: Kilgor on December 15, 2005, 11:57:01 pm
"Last week the Morning News of Northwest Arkansas said Arkansas had offered a scholarship to a local 11-year-old named Fred Gulley III. Razorback coach Stan Heath said it is completely inaccurate. "There's no truth to it," he said Wednesday. "I've never seen the kid and we have not offered a scholarship to any 11-year-old." Heath said one of his assistants did see Gulley at a small event in Fayetteville but never officially offered any scholarships. "It's really unfortunate a young child was put in this kind of situation," he said. "

http://cbs.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,5509131,00.html

I don't know what is so ridiculous about it. If he can shoot a jumper, I say sign him up. We need all of the help we can get!   :D

Foshodo

Doogie Howser of the SEC... at least we know he wont get a DUI...

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Kilgor on December 15, 2005, 11:57:32 pm
www.google.com is your friend  8)

No kidding.  I can't even now remember what life was like before Google, and I don't want to.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hogs63

The kid is Fred Gulley and he plays for Fayetteville Woodland Junior High. He can go. I am not sure how tall, maybe 6' or 6'1" not sure he is going to grow anymore. Cat quick, long arms, can really jump, pretty good jumpshot

heffy22

He is not a shooter.  He is a slasher.  He was 4-19 from the field last night.

HogBall94

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogmommy on December 16, 2005, 08:38:41 am
So the kid is actually more like 14. If he's graduating in 2009 and is in Junior High, he can't be 11.
the article is pretty old. i found it in my glove compartmant.

yraciv

Yeah he is a good player and is in 9th grade, doesn't usually shoot 4-19, but I've seen him and he plays at the talent level of a good player in 10th grade.  There is no way he already has a scholarship offered though.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Kilgor on December 15, 2005, 11:54:15 pm
Fred Gulley III Fayetteville, AR 6' 1" HS class of 2009 ?

14yrs old and 6'1 !!!  That means he still has 4 more yrs of growing to do. ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

heffy22

Zen_Hog

Hey, my dads only 5'6" and I'm already 5'10". I too am a class of 09

oldbear

Doesn't mean alot.  I was 6'1" as a 15 year old 9th grader. . . 26 years later I am 6'1" as an old man.

bigyellowdog

Quote from: heffy22 on December 16, 2005, 08:44:04 am
He is not a shooter. He is a slasher. He was 4-19 from the field last night.

If he does not grow anymore, He can be a future Allen Iverson.

Photog

Quote from: oldbear on December 28, 2005, 09:26:43 am
Doesn't mean alot. I was 6'1" as a 15 year old 9th grader. . . 26 years later I am 6'1" as an old man.

I am with you oldbear I was 6'3" in 9th grade weighed 145 as a sr I was 6'3" 165 now almost 43 I amd 6'3" and 245 didn't grow taller just thicker around the middle anyway. I high school I had sixpack abs now 12 pack abs.

akp4105

fred gulley is the brother of latoya gulley, who plays bball for texas a&m...and the cousin of our GREAT ronnie brewer...he's a good player..and yes he will be offered by the hogs in the next couple of years..that article is from heath's first or second season here..and he was never offered...gulley can play though..slashes very well..and scores very well..can also rebound..

akp4105

January 02, 2006, 03:08:18 pm #19 Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 03:12:37 pm by akp4105
btw..my mom and dad are both 5'9 and i'm 6'4, and i was about 5'10 in 9th grade...doesnt matter how tall your dad is..gulley will be 6'3-6'5..he's got the slim build