Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Playoff Thread

Started by Dr. Starcs, January 02, 2017, 09:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

ATL wins! HA!!!!!!

Fudge packers weren't even close enough for the refs to bail them out this week.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 22, 2017, 05:24:17 pm
ATL wins! HA!!!!!!

Fudge packers weren't even close enough for the refs to bail them out this week.

Most people were too busy gazing at the "Stars" all season long to notice the "Birds" soaring overhead...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

alohawg

Cobi dropping a td pass......mixed feelings, hate steelers but always root for hogs.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: alohawg on January 22, 2017, 06:50:38 pm
Cobi dropping a td pass......mixed feelings, hate steelers but always root for hogs.

He also had one called back for stepping out of bounds and coming back in to make the catch. But he did catch the late TD. Love Steelers...love rooting for NFL Hogs. Don't care much for D'Angelo Williams, even if he plays for the Steelers.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 22, 2017, 05:24:17 pm
ATL wins! HA!!!!!!

Steelers lose too!!!  Fantastic day.  Should be a fantastic Superbowl matchup too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

goodguytex

Both the falcons and pats looked very good. I'd give the edge to the Pats probably, but the Falcons will give them a great game.

alohawg

Two weeks to prepare, gotta give Pats the edge. I'll go     NE 34 - ATL 24
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 22, 2017, 08:44:50 pm
Steelers lose too!!!  Fantastic day.  Should be a fantastic Superbowl matchup too.

What NFL team do you root for, Bubba?

bennyl08

Quote from: alohawg on January 22, 2017, 09:21:27 pm
Two weeks to prepare, gotta give Pats the edge. I'll go     NE 34 - ATL 24

Brady and more importantly Bellichik are never wise to bet against.

Falcons have superior players IMO overall, but as far as coaching goes, Saban wears Bellichik pajamas when he goes to sleep. Not even joking when I say the Lombardi may lose it's name 50 years from now.

That said, I'll become a Falcons fan come superbowl sunday. They do have a strong omen in their favor. The only teams the seahawks lose to in the playoffs go on to win the superbowl.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

latrops

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 23, 2017, 01:35:54 am
Brady and more importantly Bellichik are never wise to bet against.

Falcons have superior players IMO overall, but as far as coaching goes, Saban wears Bellichik pajamas when he goes to sleep. Not even joking when I say the Lombardi may lose it's name 50 years from now.

That said, I'll become a Falcons fan come superbowl sunday. They do have a strong omen in their favor. The only teams the seahawks lose to in the playoffs go on to win the superbowl.

I just hope Atlanta doesn't play ineffective zones on defense like the Steelers did.  Steelers defense is designed to prevent big plays, yet one guy kept burning them for 20+ yard gains.

Jackrabbit Hog

I can't remember the last time I cared less about the Super Bowl.  Atlanta is just sort of a "meh" team to me, and like most of us I think I have New England overload. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 23, 2017, 11:15:36 am
I can't remember the last time I cared less about the Super Bowl.  Atlanta is just sort of a "meh" team to me, and like most of us I think I have New England overload.

Giants-Pats in 2012 was worse for me. I agree that Falcons are pretty meh, but I do like Julio and Matty Ice and there are some Oregon State Beavers on the team. In contrast to 2012, I also dislike the Giants and Eli Manning in particular. I rooted for them against the patriots, but it would be like rooting for auburn to beat texas. Dislike both, just dislike the one a tiny bit more.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

southarkhog06

Worse for me, both of these teams have been in trouble recently for cheating. Just what football needs cheaters to prosper more. ::)

cosmodrum

I only care to root against NE
Go away, batin'

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 22, 2017, 09:49:02 pm
What NFL team do you root for, Bubba?

My family is from St. Louis, so I've always been a fan of any St. Louis team.  The Rams bolted leaving me no team, but I was never truly a die hard fan of theirs.  Never really been a die hard fan of any NFL team.  Probably one of the reasons I enjoy the NFL so much...more than college now.  I enjoy just watching the game of football that's about real preparation and execution and not simply out talenting your opponent.  A reason I've liked the Patriots in recent years.  Not a fan, really, just very much respect what they've accomplished in this day and age.

I've always hated the Steelers and will root against them pretty much no matter the circumstances...that's another story.  I'm sort of a fan of the Cowboys, but have always liked the NFC North in particular...Packers, Bears, and Vikings.  Don't really know why, though, as I have no personal connection to them.  Have just liked them for as long as I can remember.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15