Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BR's Food Page is rocking, PLEASE check it out...

Started by BR, June 19, 2014, 05:37:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

zane

RIP LSUfan

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

theFlyingHog

"You must log in first". darn if I get on facebook somebody might find me

BR

BR

BR

BR

Sheryl's Summer Salad

Quantities are up to you, we just make ours for the 2 of us in individual bowls... This is very, very good.....

Lettuce Salad Mix (The kind you buy in a bag)
Diced Chicken
Sliced Strawberries
Mandarin Oranges
Pecan Pieces
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Shredded Cheese (Your Choice of Type)

I add a spoonful or 2 of Rotel to mine for some spice... It works.

I use a Raspberry Vinaigrette, Sheryl uses a Panera Bread Poppy Seed Dressing.. Panera Bread makes this but they also add Blueberries & Pineapple to theirs..

BR

Mississippi Mud Cheesy Potatoes

Ingredients

8-10 Cups potatoes, diced finely
    16 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
    1 Cup mayonnaise (real)
    1 package bacon, cooked and torn into large bits
    1/2 Cup green onions, chopped

Instructions

In a 9x13 pan or 3 quart casserole dish, mix potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions.
    Stir in mayonnaise.
    Bake at 325 for an hour and a half or until potatoes are tender. Top with additional cheese if desired.

BR

DeltaBoy

I have to repent of envy every time I visit your facebook page.

BR

BR

Boarcephus

Here you go BR.  Made this tonight.  Bacon wrapped scallops and grilled shrimp served with rice pilaf and corn on the cob.  No idea why we ever eat out.  I cooked the bacon about half way then pulled it and wrapped the scallops in it.  This seemed to solve the problem of either the bacon being undercooked or the scallops being over cooked.   Sorry for the blur on the plate pic.  Didn't know the sob was blurry till I posted it and by then the food was gone!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 30, 2016, 05:20:21 pm
Here you go BR.  Made this tonight.  Bacon wrapped scallops and grilled shrimp served with rice pilaf and corn on the cob.  No idea why we ever eat out.  I cooked the bacon about half way then pulled it and wrapped the scallops in it.  This seemed to solve the problem of either the bacon being undercooked or the scallops being over cooked.   Sorry for the blur on the plate pic.  Didn't know the sob was blurry till I posted it and by then the food was gone!

That does not suck...

DeltaBoy

Showed the Wife your FB page last night and the Wife said I don't want his grocery bill.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 30, 2016, 05:20:21 pm
My mouth is watering.  Damn that looks good.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Boog41

Boar, that looks really good. I love both scallops and shrimp.

I've not been in Whole Foods in quite a while. Do they have any oysters these days?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 31, 2016, 10:14:42 am
Showed the Wife your FB page last night and the Wife said I don't want his grocery bill.

You oughta show her that woman chef you always lust over. Bet she would have some good comments about her grocery bill, too.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 31, 2016, 02:38:12 pm
You oughta show her that woman chef you always lust over. Bet she would have some good comments about her grocery bill, too.
NOW thats funny

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on August 31, 2016, 02:08:44 pm
Boar, that looks really good. I love both scallops and shrimp.

I've not been in Whole Foods in quite a while. Do they have any oysters these days?

The last time I was in they had them but they have new seafood manager and he comes across as somewhat of a prick.  We were going to buy some 2-3 weeks ago and wanted the harvest date and was told it was 10 days or so ago.  Asked him if they had any fresher and he said they did but wouldn't sell them to us unless we bought the 10 day old ones.  He said they were good for 2 weeks after being harvested and we said good luck getting rid them but we wouldn't be buying any from him.  We're headed south in about a month and we'll get our oyster fix down there. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 31, 2016, 02:38:12 pm

She hates the Bimbo Cook cause she too perky.

DeltaBoy

BR

Thanks for a lot of you joining the food page... Your Hogville Name is safe, I won't revel it to anyone...

DeltaBoy

BR

WOW a lot of new Hog's have joined recently....  THANKS, plus we are having some great food stuff going on.  PM your name when you join, no clue who some folks are by real names.

DeltaBoy

Enjoy your facebook page cause it filled with goodies.

BR

Just totally updated the page... it's better than before..

little pigee

Quote from: BR on December 16, 2018, 11:43:24 am
Just totally updated the page... it's better than before..
Thanks for letting me join!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

BR

I will soon be returning to HV FOOD PAGE to kick some life in this thing...  Have all sorts of new stuff.. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BR on October 09, 2019, 07:30:38 pm
I will soon be returning to HV FOOD PAGE to kick some life in this thing...  Have all sorts of new stuff.. 

I'll try to join in. Been so damn busy I haven't slowed down enough to add snything here OR on your page.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Boarcephus

Yep BR, needs a little help.  I posted this on your page the other day and will do so here.  This is a fettuccine with a spicy cajun wine and cream sauce I made the other day.  I added shrimp, mushrooms, conecuh sausage and crab meat to it and it was fairly easy and didn't take too long to put together.   This is definitely one I'll make again.  The wife is not too hip on adding crawfish to it but that's a thought.   ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 10, 2019, 09:17:10 am
Yep BR, needs a little help.  I posted this on your page the other day and will do so here.  This is a fettuccine with a spicy cajun wine and cream sauce I made the other day.  I added shrimp, mushrooms, conecuh sausage and crab meat to it and it was fairly easy and didn't take too long to put together.   This is definitely one I'll make again.  The wife is not too hip on adding crawfish to it but that's a thought.   ;)

So, do you ever concern yourself with calories? I love to eat, and I exercise, but if I don't watch my calorie intake, I lose ground, lol.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2019, 10:53:27 am
So, do you ever concern yourself with calories? I love to eat, and I exercise, but if I don't watch my calorie intake, I lose ground, lol.

Not really.  I've lost 15-20 pounds this year getting in shape for a Ruck Challenge a friend and I did in KC in July but I'm never doing another one.   :)  Since I've retired I've upped my exercise to going 6 1/2 miles about 4 times a week.  Takes me an hour and a half to do the distance.  Not a big breakfast fan so I'll have a piece or fruit or something then eat what I want for lunch and a salad or something light for supper.  It's really worked out well so far this year because my weight is about as low as it's been in many years.   

BR

Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2019, 10:53:27 am
Nope, I don't eat a lot of Sugars...   Try to space out the Carbs for great meals...   Drink a ton of Propel Water from Sam's..

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 10, 2019, 01:42:57 pm
Not really.  I've lost 15-20 pounds this year getting in shape for a Ruck Challenge a friend and I did in KC in July but I'm never doing another one.   :)  Since I've retired I've upped my exercise to going 6 1/2 miles about 4 times a week.  Takes me an hour and a half to do the distance.  Not a big breakfast fan so I'll have a piece or fruit or something then eat what I want for lunch and a salad or something light for supper.  It's really worked out well so far this year because my weight is about as low as it's been in many years.   

I try to do 6.3 miles every day, weather permitting, that's walking, lol. I do it in 84 minutes, which is about 13 1/2 minute miles, quick walk. I just always notice what you guys post, they always look great, and just thought, can I eat that?

We've both been on the same plan I guess, I decided in late July to up my exercising and lose 20+ lbs.

ricepig

Quote from: BR on October 10, 2019, 02:04:25 pm
  Nope, I don't eat a lot of Sugars...   Try to space out the Carbs for great meals...   Drink a ton of Propel Water from Sam's..

Yeah, I've really cut the sugars out, just a little bit daily.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2019, 02:27:14 pm
I try to do 6.3 miles every day, weather permitting, that's walking, lol. I do it in 84 minutes, which is about 13 1/2 minute miles, quick walk. I just always notice what you guys post, they always look great, and just thought, can I eat that?

We've both been on the same plan I guess, I decided in late July to up my exercising and lose 20+ lbs.

That's a good time. I started on mine about this time last year when a friend of mine and I were sitting out on the patio having cocktails and he said we needed to do something different.  Next thing I knew Jack Daniels signed my ass up for a 26 mile Ruck Challenge.   :)   I will not stay on a fixed diet because I'm just not made that way.  I think exercising and not eating that much at night is the key. 

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 10, 2019, 04:15:35 pm
That's a good time. I started on mine about this time last year when a friend of mine and I were sitting out on the patio having cocktails and he said we needed to do something different.  Next thing I knew Jack Daniels signed my ass up for a 26 mile Ruck Challenge.   :)   I will not stay on a fixed diet because I'm just not made that way.  I think exercising and not eating that much at night is the key. 

I had a 43 1/2 year high school reunion last weekend, don't ask why that number, no one could figure it out either. Anyway, one of my buddies said he walks a marathon every year in San Antonio, I think it's just a walking one, I believe he said it took him 6 hours, or there about. He's has one knee replacement, and says he needs to do the other, he might not do the upcoming one.

I try to limit my meals, and what I have noticed is that I get full sooner, and don't eat as much. I haven't stopped eating a good meal, or having drinks when the occasion arrives, but I don't eat many 1500 calorie burgers or such at lunch, lol.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2019, 04:29:09 pm
I had a 43 1/2 year high school reunion last weekend, don't ask why that number, no one could figure it out either. Anyway, one of my buddies said he walks a marathon every year in San Antonio, I think it's just a walking one, I believe he said it took him 6 hours, or there about. He's has one knee replacement, and says he needs to do the other, he might not do the upcoming one.

I try to limit my meals, and what I have noticed is that I get full sooner, and don't eat as much. I haven't stopped eating a good meal, or having drinks when the occasion arrives, but I don't eat many 1500 calorie burgers or such at lunch, lol.

Looks like I've got you by around 4-5 years or so.  I enjoy cooking and we really enjoy what I cook and I cook a lot of different things. There is simply no reason not to enjoy them if you back off on other meals.  When I worked I'd always eat breakfast because I never knew if I'd get a lunch break but being retired that's not an issue.   We did these bone in ribeyes for lunch today but lunch will be the only meal we eat.  I may do a salad in a little while but that'll be it.  Have a cocktail and watch the baseball game and call it good.

I'd like to do a marathon but need to do it pretty quick. If you can maintain that 15 minute mile pace that's still 6 1/2 hours.  I know it'd be a lot easier than that 13 mile deal we did carrying around a 25 pound pack in KC.   ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 10, 2019, 05:10:36 pm
Looks like I've got you by around 4-5 years or so.  I enjoy cooking and we really enjoy what I cook and I cook a lot of different things. There is simply no reason not to enjoy them if you back off on other meals.  When I worked I'd always eat breakfast because I never knew if I'd get a lunch break but being retired that's not an issue.   We did these bone in ribeyes for lunch today but lunch will be the only meal we eat.  I may do a salad in a little while but that'll be it.  Have a cocktail and watch the baseball game and call it good.

I'd like to do a marathon but need to do it pretty quick. If you can maintain that 15 minute mile pace that's still 6 1/2 hours.  I know it'd be a lot easier than that 13 mile deal we did carrying around a 25 pound pack in KC.   ;)

I've always said that a few of you would make a good wife, of course I was meaning cook! 28 years of farming didn't allow for spending too much time in the kitchen/grill/etc, but since I've retired, I have ventured in there! I've tried a few of the recipes I've gotten from here, y'all keep posting them. My BBQing is limited to about an hour or so, I don't have the patience, or want to, to spend that long cooking something, I'll go out.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2019, 05:33:14 pm
but since I've retired

That's nice isn't it?  We walked away 3 years ago this past April.  I hit 62 and we called it quits and have not looked back. 

Boarcephus

Here you go ricepig, last two pics from me.  Since you're not into long cooks this might be right down your alley.  This is not grilling but if you like New Orleans style fare, you can whip this up in 15-20 minutes and it is great!  New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp.  Get you some bread to soak up the liquid and you're in heaven.   :D

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 11, 2019, 11:24:33 am
Here you go ricepig, last two pics from me.  Since you're not into long cooks this might be right down your alley.  This is not grilling but if you like New Orleans style fare, you can whip this up in 15-20 minutes and it is great!  New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp.  Get you some bread to soak up the liquid and you're in heaven.   :D

I might be stealing more than your tomatoes, soon........

little pigee

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 11, 2019, 11:24:33 am
Where's the bib!!!  Looks fantastic!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.