Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game updates for Game 2... Hogs VS Princeton

Started by Golfer, June 03, 2006, 02:13:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman64

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 03, 2006, 04:49:48 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on June 03, 2006, 04:49:08 pm
How many ways can Blake Parker screw up in a game.........D******************* why does he play?????????
Quote from: hogman64 on June 03, 2006, 04:49:08 pm
How many ways can Blake Parker screw up in a game.........D******************* why does he play?????????

Because our only other option is Logan Forsythe, who isnt there yet...

Well I hear ya,, but Forsythe is a better fielder and neither  one of them hit worth a crap...so to me just give the young guy some experience maybe he will get better...bad things just follow Parker around at bat and in the field.. this year has been a total disaster for him IMO.........

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on June 03, 2006, 04:49:03 pm

A three game losing streak is a slump. Never had a losing streak like that the entire year.

We had hit it pretty well against Bama, game 1 against OM, and against Auburn.

That is ridiculous. This is baseball. There are 162 games in a major league season, there are over 50 in college baseball. 3 games is nothing. Geez.

Elrod

Golfer sorry I missed your game call today.  But will give your 1 applaud
for missing the game at the creek today. lol

Zen_Hog

pigsnoter49

Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

ballhog™

was mad most of the game...great comeback...pitching has been great

i don't know who I want to win tonight... i think it would be easier to take 2 from oral than from osu
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on June 03, 2006, 04:55:50 pm

A three game losing streak is a slump. Never had a losing streak like that the entire year.

That is ridiculous. This is baseball. There are 162 games in a major league season, there are over 50 in college baseball. 3 games is nothing. Geez.

3 games is something when its the first time its happened the entire year!

But thats over with now.

Lets keep it going tomorrow afternoon.

GO HOGS!

chiefsfan

The best thing about this game thread is no one decided to post the Cards/Cubs score!!!! :puke:
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: ballhog on June 03, 2006, 05:00:19 pm
was mad most of the game...great comeback...pitching has been great

i don't know who I want to win tonight... i think it would be easier to take 2 from oral than from osu

Thats what I thought too but it just seems like they have some sort of hex on us.
Maybe their game tonight will last a long time and they use a bunch of pitchers.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Fresh Legs on June 03, 2006, 04:53:53 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs on June 03, 2006, 04:42:10 pm
Quote from: bigredhogs on June 03, 2006, 04:21:56 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs on June 03, 2006, 04:19:53 pm
Quote from: chiefsfan on June 03, 2006, 03:06:14 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs on June 03, 2006, 03:03:38 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on June 03, 2006, 03:00:31 pm
What a slump!!!

It's not a slump!  Get that through your head.  They haven't consistently swung the bats well the entire year.  Last week, we just didn't care right?  Then when lost to Rinky Dink Tech on Tuesday late in the season, we had an excuse.  What's our excuse now? 

I'll tell ya what the deal is.  We've been playing over our heads.  This team is OVERRATED.

We've now played 15 innings AT HOME with ALUMINUM bats and have scored a grand total of three runs.  Folks, this isn't a slump.  It's a painful trend some of you fail to recognize.

its a slump.   We were hitting pretty darn well in our last 9 regular season games before the tourney.  The reason I think this is a slump is the fact that we had the runners on Yesterday, and couldnt get the hits once we got them on...

We've known for most of the year, that the only way for us to win consistantly is to hold teams to 3 or 4 runs a game

9 games as your point of reference? 

Thank you for making my point for me.  If you have to hold someone to three or four runs a game in college baseball with stinking ALUMINUM bats, you can't hit.  That's not a slump.  That's a poor hitting college baseball team.

It took us until the 8th inning to score on Princeton.  That's a stinking embarassment.

You suck. Its better that we are winning than losing.

I mentioned nothing about winning/losing.  I'm glad we we're winning.  What some of you knuckleheads are failing to grasp is that this team isn't in a slump.  They just can't hit very well. 

I'll be pulling for them all weekend to win this thing.  I want to them win.  However, this is a big difference in analyzing the situation.  Some of you need to separate your feelings from your logic.  It often interferes.

If we can somehow get to Monday, I like our chances to ride the wave of momentum.  Remember, it took us until the 8th inning to get hits against Princeton.  Don't get your hopes up yet.  At the same time, never count out a Van Horn led team.

Would you please read what I'm typing for once?  My point has nothing to do with W/L.  If you're having to hold teams to 3 or 4 runs a game to win you're hitting isn't very good in collge baseball with aluminum bats.

True.

We're lucky we have pretty good pitching this year.

HogFansReunited

Great we got the win.  Anyone planning on tailgating tomorrow?
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ballhog™

it will be tough either way...but i hope to play oru again...it's tough watching their fans act like they won a national championship when they beat us.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: ballhog on June 03, 2006, 05:06:54 pm
it will be tough either way...but i hope to play oru again...it's tough watching their fans act like they won a national championship when they beat us.

I like ORU but they act so stupid when they beat us in anything.

I kinda hope we get a shot at them tomorrow.

Golfer

Quote from: Elrod on June 03, 2006, 04:55:52 pm

Thanks, you are all 'heart'.  Hope you won some money for me.

Golfer

Quote from: pigsnoter49 on June 03, 2006, 04:58:52 pm
Thanks Golfer for calling the game.

You are quite welcome. It was my pleasure.

Elrod

Quote from: Golfer on June 03, 2006, 05:16:56 pm

Sorry, we lost $10. You can give me your $5 later, no hurry.

HogCards88

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 03, 2006, 05:02:11 pm
The best thing about this game thread is no one decided to post the Cards/Cubs score!!!! :puke:
I'm really mad at you now. Last night you said you hoped Pujols gets hurt, he just did today.

Golfer

Quote from: Elrod on June 03, 2006, 05:22:03 pm

The check is in the mail.

Elrod

Quote from: Golfer on June 03, 2006, 05:29:33 pm
Quote from: Elrod on June 03, 2006, 05:22:03 pm

The check is in the mail.

You know everything has to be in cash,  big brother IRS is watching us you know?

chiefsfan

Quote from: HogCards88 on June 03, 2006, 05:22:38 pm
I'm really mad at you now. Last night you said you hoped Pujols gets hurt, he just did today.

im sure I was the one who caused it.   Dang though I was mad last night
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Elrod

By the way thanks for getting me from walk-on to bench warmer. I've been stuck there for 2 years now.

Golfer

Quote from: Elrod on June 03, 2006, 05:35:58 pm
By the way thanks for getting me from walk-on to bench warmer. I've been stuck there for 2 years now.

Bench warmer is quite appropriate for you.  Hasn't that always been your place in sports????

HogCards88

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 03, 2006, 05:34:59 pm
Quote from: HogCards88 on June 03, 2006, 05:22:38 pm

im sure I was the one who caused it.   Dang though I was mad last night
I don't care that you were mad last night. You wished ill on Pujols. You deserve to be fryed.

Elrod

Quote from: Golfer on June 03, 2006, 05:41:52 pm
Quote from: Elrod on June 03, 2006, 05:35:58 pm

Bench warmer is quite appropriate for you.  Hasn't that always been your place in sports????

Now you've done it! I'm not talking to you anymore today. Also, you'll wish you hadn't said that the next time at Little Creek.LOL

Oklahawg

We don't want ORU 3 games. They are serious. They have a little giddy-up that borders on brattish smacktalk. Its what I've come to expect from church schools (SMU and Baylor were always the dirtiest teams in the SWC, I thought, on the field...and SMU was filthy nasty as boosters!).

I think ORU is in our head. OSU? Not so much. That no-no would be worth something.

Would we get anything out of Schmidt on Monday?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pbjones81

actually someone did....you mustve missed it.  If memory serves me correctly the score was 7-3 cubs at that time....so apparently they lost.  that should make you happy.  I dont understand why the cardinals cant beat the cubs but it is frustrating...

chiefsfan

Quote from: pbjones81 on June 03, 2006, 06:24:10 pm

actually someone did....you mustve missed it.  If memory serves me correctly the score was 7-3 cubs at that time....so apparently they lost.  that should make you happy.  I dont understand why the cardinals cant beat the cubs but it is frustrating...

I love it when the cardinals lose

foghornshog

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 03, 2006, 06:26:13 pm

And I like the Broncos too.  I hate the Chiefs.  Go Cards.  The ill will comment on Pujols was uncalled for and not right.  He is one of the cleanest pure offensive hitters in the game today.  We can talk smack all day about teams, but there is no need to wish bad luck on players.  I watched my Broncos get mangled by the Steelers last year, but I never called for a guy to get hurt.  A line has to be drawn somewhere.

chiefsfan

Quote from: foghornshog on June 04, 2006, 01:20:44 am
Quote from: chiefsfan on June 03, 2006, 06:26:13 pm

And I like the Broncos too.  I hate the Chiefs.  Go Cards.  The ill will comment on Pujols was uncalled for and not right.  He is one of the cleanest pure offensive hitters in the game today.  We can talk smack all day about teams, but there is no need to wish bad luck on players.  I watched my Broncos get mangled by the Steelers last year, but I never called for a guy to get hurt.  A line has to be drawn somewhere.

My comment was taken a bit out of context.  I was as tired as ever of hearing cardinal fans talk about how good that team was. The point is that without Pujols, that team is nothing.  Being without Pujols for a few games would prove it.

I would never wish ill will on the greatest player in the game.  But last night was a bit wierd, and I was steaming over the ORU loss...  I regreat I phrased it that way now.

However I still want the cardinals to lose

foghornshog

Thats totally fine if you want the Cardinals to lose.  I still don't know why we can't beat the Cubs or Brad Lidge from the stros.  But as long as the injury to Albert is temporary, we will be fine.  Edmonds, Rolen, Eckstein, and the other guys will step up.  We needed to pick up pitching in the offseason which we really didn't do, but who knows who we grab at midseason.  So if you hate the Cards, who do you root for?  Cubs, BoSox, yankees?