Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Baseball Regional and Field of 64 Thread (Hogs are Hosting)

Started by hogfan13, May 28, 2006, 01:35:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

A little under an hour away from know we will host or not

Hollywood_HOGan

mossfan3

bulldog04

mossfan3

heathshogs

A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

hogfan13

Quote from: heathshogs on May 28, 2006, 02:32:15 pm
ESPN news is showing it.
Heath. Tells us the Sites. Please. I'll ooze you with karma

Cajun Hog

mossfan3

hogfan13

vbsworm

espn news just stated they were gonna talk college baseball..so  8)

Cresthog

How can i get tickets?

How much will they be?

hogfan13

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: vbsworm on May 28, 2006, 02:39:44 pm
espn news just stated they were gonna talk college baseball..so  8)

sometimes they announce they're going to reveal something, then they come back and talk car racing or some crap.

Maybe its next.

TulsaHawg

Hollywood_HOGan

TulsaHawg

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Cresthog on May 28, 2006, 02:40:42 pm
How can i get tickets?

How much will they be?

Call the ticket office 479-575-5151 and they are $60 a book.

vbsworm

WilsonHog

We're hosting! Now all I need is a couple of books.

hogfan13

Hollywood_HOGan

Wish there was a way i could easily get single game tickets.

I could care less about any other games than they Razorback games.

hogfan13

YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR TICKET BOOKS FOR THE REGIONALS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY AT THE RAZORBACK TICKET CENTER FROM 8:30 TO 4

TulsaHawg

Will Kimmy's guess on the 8 Seeds

Bama
Fullerton
Clemson
Nebraska
NC
Oregon State
Rice
Texas

hogfan13

SEC- Bama, Hogs, Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss
ACC- Clemson, Ga. Tech, NC, Virginia
12- Nebraska, OU, Texas
Other- Fullerton, Oregon St, Pepperdine, Rice

Those are the sites

panichog

ESPN 11:30  AM tomorrow will be selection show!!!  All 64 teams
Panic

WilsonHog

The best time I've ever had as a Razorback fan was at the Regionals and Super Regionals two years ago at Baum. Absolutely unbelievable.

Cresthog

I am going to take off work friday, and head up to Fayettville for this shin dig!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 28, 2006, 02:46:53 pm
The best time I've ever had as a Razorback fan was at the Regionals and Super Regionals two years ago at Baum. Absolutely unbelievable.

It was AWESOME! 

hogfan13

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records through Saturday, May 27, are as follows: Alabama (41-19), Tuscaloosa, Ala.; Arkansas (38-19), Fayetteville, Ark.; Cal St. Fullerton (41-13), Fullerton, Calif.; Clemson (46-14), Clemson, S.C.; Georgia (41-19), Athens, Ga.; Georgia Tech (45-16), Atlanta; Kentucky (42-15), Lexington, Ky.; Mississippi (39-20), Oxford, Miss.; Nebraska (42-14), Lincoln, Neb.; North Carolina (45-13), Chapel Hill, N.C.; Oklahoma (40-19), Norman, Okla.; Oregon St. (39-13), Corvallis, Oregon; Pepperdine (39-19), Malibu, Calif.; Rice (49-10), Houston; Texas (40-19), Austin, Texas; and Virginia (46-13), Charlottesville, Va.

hogman64

I was worried the Sec would not get 5 and we might be left out........I should have been worrying about something else.........WPS

hogfan13

Kentucky and Pepperdine will host a regional for the first time, while North Carolina, Oregon St. and Virginia are hosting for the second time in school history. This will be the 22nd time that Texas has hosted a regional, while Clemson (11th) is the only other institution to host 10 or more times since the NCAA went to the regional format in 1975. Georgia Tech is hosting a regional for the eighth time, while Cal St. Fullerton (sixth), Oklahoma (sixth overall and third time in Norman), Alabama (fifth), Nebraska (fifth), Rice (fifth), Georgia (three) and Mississippi (three) have hosted in the past as well.

mossfan3

hogfan13

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on May 28, 2006, 02:51:37 pm
The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records through Saturday, May 27, are as follows: Alabama (41-19), Tuscaloosa, Ala.; Arkansas (38-19), Fayetteville, Ark.; Cal St. Fullerton (41-13), Fullerton, Calif.; Clemson (46-14), Clemson, S.C.; Georgia (41-19), Athens, Ga.; Georgia Tech (45-16), Atlanta; Kentucky (42-15), Lexington, Ky.; Mississippi (39-20), Oxford, Miss.; Nebraska (42-14), Lincoln, Neb.; North Carolina (45-13), Chapel Hill, N.C.; Oklahoma (40-19), Norman, Okla.; Oregon St. (39-13), Corvallis, Oregon; Pepperdine (39-19), Malibu, Calif.; Rice (49-10), Houston; Texas (40-19), Austin, Texas; and Virginia (46-13), Charlottesville, Va.

Hmmmmm

Looks like we have the fewest wins of any of the hosts.

hogfan064

We're probably the 2nd to last team to get picked to host.  I'd imagine they would set us up against the Rice Regional or the Clemson regional(like 02)  Pepperdine was probably the 16th team, but probably would be paired with Fullerton or Corvallis(if they get an undeserved top 8)

I'm hoping to get matched up against the Clemson regional for selfish reasons only

mossfan3

hogfan13

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 28, 2006, 04:08:28 pm
We're probably the 2nd to last team to get picked to host.  I'd imagine they would set us up against the Rice Regional or the Clemson regional(like 02)  Pepperdine was probably the 16th team, but probably would be paired with Fullerton or Corvallis(if they get an undeserved top 8)

I'm hoping to get matched up against the Clemson regional for selfish reasons only
I want to get paired with the Austin Regional. Maybe a little payback from a year ago

hogfan064

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on May 28, 2006, 04:11:11 pm

I want to get paired with the Austin Regional. Maybe a little payback from a year ago

Honestly I don't.  Texas has eliminated us from regionals so many times I'm sick of the matchup. A breakdown of what Supers we could and could not go to

Oxford, Athens, Lexington, and Tuscaloosa are all out.  The NCAA won't matchup COnferences.

SO that leaves 11 options

1-11 with 1 being the most likely and 11 the least likely

1.Rice-They will be the #2 seed and we are likely the 15th best host.  Good regional game
2.Austin-Rivalry the NCAA loves.
3.Clemson-We're one of the weaker hosts and they are the strongest.  NCAA loves ACC-SEC
4. Lincoln-DVH returns to his old school
5. Atlanta-Another ACC-SEC game
6. Chappel Hill-Possible, but not sure UNC will be a top 8 at this point
7. Fullerton-I doubt we get sent out west
8. Corvallis-Possible, but probably matched up with a West coast regional
9. Charlottesville-DOn't think they'll be a top 8
10. Houston-NO chance
11. Pepperdine-NO chance

BTW for the first time in 20-30 years no team from Florida gets a regional

rightdp

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 28, 2006, 02:43:50 pm
Wish there was a way i could easily get single game tickets.

I could care less about any other games than they Razorback games.

General admission tickets will be available for each game.  If I remember correctly, they were $10 each two years ago.

CampuspostmanHOG

From Yahoo sports:

Defending champ Texas chosen as one of 16 regional hosts

By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Defending national champion Texas was selected Sunday as one of the 16 regional tournament hosts by the NCAA Division I baseball committee.

Texas (40-19), led by ace right-hander Kyle McCulloch and slugging outfielder Drew Stubbs, will play host for the 22nd time since the NCAA went to the current regional format in 1975.

The Southeastern Conference leads the field with five regional hosts: Alabama (41-19), Arkansas (38-19), Georgia (41-19), Kentucky (42-15), Mississippi (39-20). The Atlantic Coast Conference will have four hosts: Clemson (46-14), Georgia Tech (45-16), North Carolina (45-13) and Virginia (46-13).

The other regional hosts are: Cal State Fullerton (41-13), Nebraska (42-14), Oklahoma (40-19), Oregon State (39-13), Pepperdine (39-19) and Rice (49-10).

"We just had a lot of tough decisions and we did our best to geographically put sites at different places," committee chairman Larry Templeton said.

Each of the 16 host schools are guaranteed berths in the 64-team tournament, which starts Friday. The rest of the field, including the top eight national seeds, will be announced by the committee Monday.

Each of the four-team, double-elimination regionals will be played on campus sites from June 2-5. The winners of each regional will advance to the super regionals, played June 9-12.

The eight winners of the super regionals will play in the College World Series, which starts June 16 in Omaha, Neb.

Seven sites -- Cal State Fullerton, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oregon State and Texas -- also hosted regionals last year.

Kentucky, the SEC co-champion, and Pepperdine, the West Coast Conference champ, are hosting for the first time. Pepperdine's Eddy D. Field Stadium was selected despite not having any lights.

"We spent a lot of time with that decision, and we have played sites in the past without lights," said Templeton, also the athletic director at Mississippi State. "At the end of the day, the committee felt that Pepperdine had earned that right to host, and we also felt that we needed a couple of sites out in the West."

North Carolina, Oregon State and Virginia will host for the second time, but it's the first for the Tar Heels since 1983.

There will be no regionals played in the state of Florida for the first time since 1975. National runner-up Florida failed to make the SEC tournament, while Florida State, which has hosted 24 times, and Miami, which has played host 21 times, will likely get at-large berths but will both have to hit the road.

"It came down to rewarding teams that were worthy based on their entire body of work during the season," Templeton said. "We had a long discussion about that. Florida State finished tied for sixth in the ACC regular season; Miami was fifth in the ACC regular season. There were some outstanding teams from the ACC and other parts of the country, and the committee felt we should put those sites someplace else."

Louisiana State will also not host for the first time in 16 years, despite annually being among college baseball's attendance leaders.

"LSU did not have quite the year that they have had in the past," Templeton said. "There were a number of other teams, not only from the Southeastern Conference, but also from that area of the country that we looked at. They were eighth overall in the SEC and we just felt that there were some other more-deserving sites and we had some other opportunities in that region of the country."

Texas is trying to join the 1949-50 Longhorns, Southern California (1970-74), Stanford (1987-88) and Louisiana State (1996-97) as repeat national champions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaabb/news;_ylt=AroyNuX3N74HPkMFNx2zeeYMwLYF?slug=ap-regionalsites&prov=ap&type=lgns

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on May 28, 2006, 04:11:11 pm

Be careful...you might get what you wish for. Hogs don't want any of the Longhorns in baseball.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

chiefsfan

My guess is at this point we will be paired with Nebraska.   I think we will be seeded like 13th or 14th overall, and The NCAA has been interested in the past in pairing us with DVH's former school.   just because we dont have the best record, doesnt mean we are the worst of the host teams...

I really doubt they send us to Austin again...although Im not putting it out of the realm of possibility...  However, Im not worried about who we get paired with...I want to win our freakin regional...we all were looking ahead to supers in 04 too, and nearly didnt get to hang around to see them...

Ill worry about Supers and the CWS if we get lucky enough to make them
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.