Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Year's Baseball Team

Started by litmachog, May 26, 2006, 08:41:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

Can someone give a break down (by position) of who is currently on the team, who we are leaving, and do we have some capable of taking their place?  I'm curious if we look to be better next year with what is coming back.  I'm thinking we should be with all the injuries but I don't follow the team closely enough to know what we would have coming back.

Thanks and God bless.

hogfan064

Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Players who could leave early

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

Hogs should be just as good as this year, but maybe better if we can keep Dugger, Parker and Hamblin from leaving.  One thing is for sure, Friday Nights we should win 90% of the time with Nick on the mound

hogmary

Hamblin says he's staying...let's hope.

hogfan064

The team to watch next year will be South Carolina.   They will return every pitcher who made any contribution this year and return every position player who made an impact except Mike Campbell.  USC started 2 freshmen pitchers on the weekend and at some points this year their entire infield was nothing but freshmen(and they still led the league in fielding pct)

hogfan064

Quote from: hogmary on May 26, 2006, 08:52:40 am
Hamblin says he's staying...let's hope.

If we keep those 3 we aren't really losing anything. 

TulsaHawg

Quote from: litmachog on May 26, 2006, 08:41:36 am
Can someone give a break down (by position) of who is currently on the team, who we are leaving, and do we have some capable of taking their place?  I'm curious if we look to be better next year with what is coming back.  I'm thinking we should be with all the injuries but I don't follow the team closely enough to know what we would have coming back.

Thanks and God bless.

We lose Boyce, Gentry, Collis, Holloway, and Hollensworth to graduation.

Hamblin and Dugger may be drafted.  I have even heard Parker's name as a possible draft pick.  Will have to wait to see how high they are drafted as to whether or not they leave this year.

DVH and staff have signed 20-something new comers for next year.  Not all of them will make it to Baum.

HoopS

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 08:48:43 am
Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

Hogs should be just as good as this year, but maybe better if we can keep Dugger, Parker and Hamblin from leaving.  One thing is for sure, Friday Nights we should win 90% of the time with Nick on the mound

Yup, we could be really really good next year.  Honestly, yes I am dissappointed with the early exit from the SEC Tournament, but other than probably losing a regional, we may benefit from this.  The guys will get a weekend off... and trust me, at this point of the season, that can be helpful... they will recharge their batteries and rest their arms.... we will be stronger for the Regionals than if we played 5-6 games this week.  I look forward to seeing where we are sent and I think we will have a legit shot at winning in almost any regional... on a personal note, I wouldn't mind seeing us sent to Houston, to play the Cougars... if they continue playing well enough to host a Regional.  With Rice a Regional lock and likely the #1 or 2 overall seed, i'm not sure that UH will get a Regional.  We'll see.

hogfan064

Wasn't there some huge 6'7 guy we signed out of highschool this year.  I think he was a first baseman.  Anyone know about this kid?

TulsaHawg

Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

John Henry wasn't with the Seniors honored last Sunday.  Is he getting another year?

hogfan064

Quote from: hoophogs on May 26, 2006, 08:56:15 am
Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

Yup, we could be really really good next year.  Honestly, yes I am dissappointed with the early exit from the SEC Tournament, but other than probably losing a regional, we may benefit from this.  The guys will get a weekend off... and trust me, at this point of the season, that can be helpful... they will recharge their batteries and rest their arms.... we will be stronger for the Regionals than if we played 5-6 games this week.  I look forward to seeing where we are sent and I think we will have a legit shot at winning in almost any regional... on a personal note, I wouldn't mind seeing us sent to Houston, to play the Cougars... if they continue playing well enough to host a Regional.  With Rice a Regional lock and likely the #1 or 2 overall seed, i'm not sure that UH will get a Regional.  We'll see.

I'm not sure DVH's theory on the SEC tourney, but many coaches hate it and don't mind an early exit especially if they know they will be a regional host.  The SEC tourney can tire out your pitching staff.  Look at the last 4 participants in the SEC CHampionship game.  Only 1 made it to Omaha.

Ole Miss-Eliminated in Supers
MSU-Eliminated in Regionals

Vandy-Eliminated in Supers
USC-Finished 3rd in Omaha

hogfan064

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 26, 2006, 08:57:44 am
Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

John Henry wasn't with the Seniors honored last Sunday.  Is he getting another year?

Hmmm....  Good question.  Is Hognoxious or Charlie out there. Maybe they could answer that.  If he returns that will be great!

HoopS

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 09:01:14 am
Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

Hmmm....  Good question.  Is Hognoxious or Charlie out there. Maybe they could answer that.  If he returns that will be great!

this is true... about the tiring out a pitching staff.  I didn't hear what was said yesterday about the pitching depth, or lack there of, but you can never have too many pitchers in College Baseball and I would imagine they welcome the rest.

hogfan064

Quote from: hoophogs on May 26, 2006, 09:02:40 am
Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

this is true... about the tiring out a pitching staff.  I didn't hear what was said yesterday about the pitching depth, or lack there of, but you can never have too many pitchers in College Baseball and I would imagine they welcome the rest.

Like I said only 1 SEC team that made it to the SEC finals in the last 2 years made it to Omaha.  And that was a USC team with a MLB first round draft pick, a 3rd round draft pick and 2 more that were in the top 5 rounds

TulsaHawg

If we really were concerned about resting the pitchers, why did we start Nick, and let him go as long as he did on Wednesday?

On the pre-game, Chuck said that the Hogs were going to try to win the SECT. 

The thing that makes it seem really bad is that we threw our ace, and still didn't get a W.

hogfan064

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 26, 2006, 09:09:35 am
If we really were concerned about resting the pitchers, why did we start Nick, and let him go as long as he did on Wednesday?

The thing that makes it seem really bad is that we threw our ace, and still didn't get a W.

I'm sure we weren't trying to lose, but what I'm saying is that the rest can really help us.  Did you know that the SEC regular season champ has never won the SEC tourney?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 09:13:42 am

I'm sure we weren't trying to lose, but what I'm saying is that the rest can really help us.  Did you know that the SEC regular season champ has never won the SEC tourney?

Not saying we were trying to lose.  Just saying that we couldn't even come close to winning Wednesday, and we were throwing our Ace, not resting him!  Looked like we were trying to win, and didn't come close.

hogfan064

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 26, 2006, 09:29:15 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 09:13:42 am

Not saying we were trying to lose.  Just saying that we couldn't even come close to winning Wednesday, and we were throwing our Ace, not resting him!  Looked like we were trying to win, and didn't come close.

Well, I don't think your ace needs 2 weeks to rest.  Throwing him Wednesday didn't hurt us. Now throwing him again on Sunday would.  Ole Miss just had the better team that day.   The season isn't over yet.  If we do infact host a regional I think we'll win it.  And who knows maybe the regional opposite of us will have an upset and we'll get to host a SUper

tkhog

Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

I believe he was awarded a medical redshirt.

HoopS

As mentioned already, Nicks pitching Wed has not a thing to do with his availability during Regionals.  Pitching on Sunday would have likely made him unavailable until Friday or so, at the earliest.  He normally pitches once a week and is used to that. 

I believe firmly that other than possibly losing a home regional, we will benefit from the early exit. 

litmachog

Sounds like we have a lot coming back in the field but we need to answer our pitching issues.  We have Schmidt but we never did solve our other two pitcher slots and now the only one to come in for relief that we could half way rely on (Collis) is graduating so we need answers on the mound.

Any ideas??  Anyone??

MrSpook1352

Extra Point

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 08:53:32 am
The team to watch next year will be South Carolina.   They will return every pitcher who made any contribution this year and return every position player who made an impact except Mike Campbell.  USC started 2 freshmen pitchers on the weekend and at some points this year their entire infield was nothing but freshmen(and they still led the league in fielding pct)

Good thing they won't be on our schedule.

hogfan064

Quote from: litmachog on May 26, 2006, 09:42:55 am
Sounds like we have a lot coming back in the field but we need to answer our pitching issues.  We have Schmidt but we never did solve our other two pitcher slots and now the only one to come in for relief that we could half way rely on (Collis) is graduating so we need answers on the mound.

Any ideas??  Anyone??

I thought Seibert did a good job this year.  Rhoads wasn't bad.

hogfan064

Quote from: Extra Point on May 26, 2006, 09:52:01 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 08:53:32 am
The team to watch next year will be South Carolina.   They will return every pitcher who made any contribution this year and return every position player who made an impact except Mike Campbell.  USC started 2 freshmen pitchers on the weekend and at some points this year their entire infield was nothing but freshmen(and they still led the league in fielding pct)

Good thing they won't be on our schedule.

Actually I hate they aren't.  A always enjoy ragging on my Gamecock friends here in SC when we beat them

Extra Point

No way we lose a regional.

Very high RPI, 18 wins vs. Top 25, superb attendance...it's a lock.

And John Henry is done with his career.  Local surgeon contributed to that.  All players needing back surgery now go to Virginia.  Josh Smith went to VA and is back in record time on the field.

Extra Point

I guess I don't understand the "leaving Nick in so long".  That wasn't close to Nick's highest pitch count of the year.  And Nick has 9-10 days to rest.  Van Horn said Nick would pitch Wednesday and wouldn't pitch again to rest him even if we made the championship game.

And let's not blame Nick for the loss.  For some reason, our guys relied on Nick's arm to counter lack of runs scored on Fridays.

HoopS

Quote from: Extra Point on May 26, 2006, 09:55:53 am

No way we lose a regional.

Very high RPI, 18 wins vs. Top 25, superb attendance...it's a lock.

And John Henry is done with his career.  Local surgeon contributed to that.  All players needing back surgery now go to Virginia.  Josh Smith went to VA and is back in record time on the field.

well I do hope you are correct. 

Extra Point

Any ideas??  Anyone??

Dallas Keuchel from Tulsa Bishop Kelly should be very good.  He lost the state title his junior year to Brett Bollman's team 1-0.  He pitched to win the state title this year.

Also, we have some other stud players coming from OK.  We finally have a guy coming from Owasso, OK (my alma mater).  They were ranked #1 in the nation by USA Today earlier this month.  We have another Tulsa Union product coming.  Union beat Owasso for the 6A title in OK.  A kid from Edmond Santa Fe, OK is also coming.  We are VERY fortunate to have inroads to the baseball programs in OK.  You won't find HS baseball played at a higher level than in NE and Central OK in this part of the country.

hogman64

My understanding  is Marquadt is going to try to play next year with his reconstructed knee.. with his history it would appear the chances are slim he will be able to do it.  I think the team will be better next year. The pitching should be better, the infield will be better, walker should continue to improve.outfield? may depend on dugger coming back , Gentry will be a loss but can be replaced hopefully. Hamblin unless he just gets a ton of money would be better off coming back, he is way to undisciplined at the plate at this point and I think he will be an easy out in pro baseball because of that unless he learns to control  what he swings at....Forsythe, Ewing , Willard will all be improved next year and all SEC calber, if someone comes along and beats them out, will just make us better.  I have seen good things out of both Siebert and Maday lately and think both  or at least one could be very solid next year. Schmidt should be all world. Also, always seems like DVH  has at least one redshirt freshman come thru his second year and a few new freshman should contribute, maybe Murray Watts at 1st if Hamblin leaves. Surely we will have less K's next year, that should be a plus.

ledhead830

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 08:57:20 am
Wasn't there some huge 6'7 guy we signed out of highschool this year.  I think he was a first baseman.  Anyone know about this kid?

Murray Watts-batted close to .500, hitting 14 homers and 14 doubles while stiking out just 7 times in 137 at-bats...stands 6-7, 275 and maintained a 1.8 ERA with a 7-1 record for Jonesboro this season including a win over Bentonville in the state playoffs
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

TuckFexas

Quote from: Extra Point on May 26, 2006, 10:09:13 am

Any ideas??  Anyone??

Dallas Keuchel from Tulsa Bishop Kelly should be very good.  He lost the state title his junior year to Brett Bollman's team 1-0.  He pitched to win the state title this year.

Also, we have some other stud players coming from OK.  We finally have a guy coming from Owasso, OK (my alma mater).  They were ranked #1 in the nation by USA Today earlier this month.  We have another Tulsa Union product coming.  Union beat Owasso for the 6A title in OK.  A kid from Edmond Santa Fe, OK is also coming.  We are VERY fortunate to have inroads to the baseball programs in OK.  You won't find HS baseball played at a higher level than in NE and Central OK in this part of the country.

Just curious, is there anybody from Owasso actually in the bigs? Not triple-A, but on a major leagure roster? They've always had a solid baseball program. I graduated from Broken Arrow, Brad Penny actually substituted for one of my classes one day. He was there a couple years before me. He's the only one I know of that's made it. CJ Medlin I hear is in Triple-A somewhere,another BA product.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hogfan064

Quote from: ledhead830 on May 26, 2006, 10:18:36 am

Murray Watts-batted close to .500, hitting 14 homers and 14 doubles while stiking out just 7 times in 137 at-bats...stands 6-7, 275 and maintained a 1.8 ERA with a 7-1 record for Jonesboro this season including a win over Bentonville in the state playoffs

Sounds good.  I guess if Danny comes back he could DH.  I wonder if DVH will use him like Ole Miss used Stephen Head

hogfan064

Also what are the chances of Watts getting drafted and going to the minors?  The scouts have to love his size.  Is he 275 of muscle or is he a chubby kid?

ledhead830

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 10:31:14 am
Also what are the chances of Watts getting drafted and going to the minors?  The scouts have to love his size.  Is he 275 of muscle or is he a chubby kid?

in between, but there is definitely a lot of muscle. he'll get drafted, but there is a limit on money that he has yet to state as to whether he will sign or not.

hogman64

Quote from: ledhead830 on May 26, 2006, 10:47:51 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2006, 10:31:14 am

in between, but there is definitely a lot of muscle. he'll get drafted, but there is a limit on money that he has yet to state as to whether he will sign or not.

I know for a fact Watts wants to be a hog and enjoy the college experience and from what I hear he is a great kid.........it will take a great offer to get him away from U of A.

HogPsych

None of those seniors need to be leaving early. 

boomo26

I think Genty could go pro, he has good on base percentage, great speed, great fielding.  I would have said Charley until this year, he would have made a good middle relief or closer, but not now.

boomo

TuckFexas

The only way Charley could have made it to the pros is if he had the same stuff but threw it left-handed.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

chiefsfan

Marquardt and Josh Smith's situation were very similar, the difference is that Smith has no redshirt years left either medical or otherwise, marquardt managed to get a medical.   Thats why we threw Smith against Auburn, he was losing this year anyway, might as well see if we could use him.   Marquardt will be back, as well as Ben Tschepikow...

Hamblin's defense is too strong at first base to pull him.   I wouldnt be shocked if we moved Parker into the outfield for next year. Expect Steven Robison to get increased playing time either way.

Pitching is where we lose the most, but at the same time we keep all 3 of our current starters, and will also have an improved Chris Rhoads and Brian McClelland, who I guess will be competing for the Closer role next year...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Extra Point

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2006, 05:26:33 pm
Marquardt and Josh Smith's situation were very similar, the difference is that Smith has no redshirt years left either medical or otherwise, marquardt managed to get a medical.   Thats why we threw Smith against Auburn, he was losing this year anyway, might as well see if we could use him.   Marquardt will be back, as well as Ben Tschepikow...

I disagree about their situations being similar.  Smith had a MUCH better doctor and is actually ready to be back.  Whether he could get a medical or redshirt doesn't affect his ability to pitch right now given his speedy recovery.  John Henry might never play again.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Extra Point on May 26, 2006, 05:38:33 pm
Marquardt and Josh Smith's situation were very similar, the difference is that Smith has no redshirt years left either medical or otherwise, marquardt managed to get a medical.   Thats why we threw Smith against Auburn, he was losing this year anyway, might as well see if we could use him.   Marquardt will be back, as well as Ben Tschepikow...

John Henry might never play again.

Where are you hearing that?  I read elsewhere that JH told a person he will be playing for the Hogs next year.

Extra Point

Quote from: TulsaHawg on May 26, 2006, 05:47:57 pm
Quote from: Extra Point on May 26, 2006, 05:38:33 pm

John Henry might never play again.

Where are you hearing that?  I read elsewhere that JH told a person he will be playing for the Hogs next year.

Check your inbox.

heathshogs

Marquardt and Josh Smith's situation were very similar, the difference is that Smith has no redshirt years left either medical or otherwise, marquardt managed to get a medical.   Thats why we threw Smith against Auburn, he was losing this year anyway, might as well see if we could use him.   Marquardt will be back, as well as Ben Tschepikow...

Smith has used 1 redshirt year he probably could have gotten a medical redshirt. The difference is Josh didn't want a medical redshirt. He's close to finishing his degree and should do it next year with ease. He'd rather explore his minor league options then rather than staying for a 6th year. He had intent on playing at some point this seaons whether it was just post season or whatever. He was actually possible to go at Ole Miss the previous week.

Also the timing on their injuries is different since Smith was just able to see action this season, and Marquardt did play the first 10 games of this season.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

Cajun Hog

Coming back

Taylor Ardoin
Clint Arnold
Brandon Barr
Brett Bollman
Jerrod Carroll
Chad Coldiron
James Ewing
Logan Forsythe
James Gilbert
Josh Germany
Thomas Hauskey
Wayne Hrozek
David Hum
Hunter London
Daryl Maday
Nick Makris
Thomas McClain
Brian Mclelland
Chris Rhoads
Stephen Robinson
Nick Shmidt
Brad Secrist
Shaun Seibert
Josh Smith
Michael Smit
Ben Tschepikow
Brian Walker
Justin White
Michael Wild
Matt Willard

Seniors leaving

John Henry Marquardt
Trey Holloway
Chris Hollensworth
Craig Gentry
Devin Collis
Charley Boyce

Jake Dugger
Danny Hamblin
Blake Parker

Yes, Medical Hardship

chshog

John Henry told me he was playing next year.

rightdp

May 26, 2006, 10:33:20 pm #45 Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 10:36:43 pm by rightdp
Incoming newbies:

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30667&SPID=2415&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=212926

15 guys that can pitch.  6 lefties, 6 righties, and 3 more righties that can hit and play inthe field.  If only 3 or 4 can be decent then I think we'll be OK.

rightdp

Quote from: hogapalooza on May 26, 2006, 10:38:02 pm
DVH is known for bringing in as many new players as he can. He likes to make players earn their spots every year.

So we really don't know what the team will look like.

SMITE THIS!

Exactly.  DVH redshirted a lot of guys last year.  Those guys plus all of the new freshmen and Juco's, if Dugger and Hamblin leave, it is possible to see 8 different guys starting next year and several new pitchers may see a lot of innings.  Not likely but possible.

V. V. Hawg

I can say Murray IS NOT 275lbs.  At least he wasn't a month ago.  Last year, I saw several games he played in and I never knew the Hogs were looking at him.  I don't know him at all but I will tell you I've never seen him strike out.  Word is he wants to go to college but I've seen the $$$$ talk toooooo many times.  I really hope he chooses the college route so we can see our reighning Gatorade BB POY for this state a few more years.  Below is a link to an article archived in the Jboro Sun:

http://www.jonesborosun.com/archivedstory.php?ID=21997&Search=Watts

I was trying to post a link to all the stories in the Sun about Murray but it won't work.  If you have some time and want to read more; he made the headlines time after time, day after day this year.  Just go to archives and type in Watts in the sports catagory.  You won't be dissapointed as he's listed in 313 articles over his career!  Heck aswho's FB team won't have that many in archives, LOL!

ledhead830

Quote from: V. V. Hawg on May 27, 2006, 01:44:31 am

I can say Murray IS NOT 275lbs.  At least he wasn't a month ago.  Last year, I saw several games he played in and I never knew the Hogs were looking at him.  I don't know him at all but I will tell you I've never seen him strike out.  Word is he wants to go to college but I've seen the $$$$ talk toooooo many times.  I really hope he chooses the college route so we can see our reighning Gatorade BB POY for this state a few more years.  Below is a link to an article archived in the Jboro Sun:

I was trying to post a link to all the stories in the Sun about Murray but it won't work.  If you have some time and want to read more; he made the headlines time after time, day after day this year.  Just go to archives and type in Watts in the sports catagory.  You won't be dissapointed as he's listed in 313 articles over his career!  Heck aswho's FB team won't have that many in archives, LOL!

yeah I hit the wrong number it should have been 245. I guess I just went up a little too high on the number pad

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: V. V. Hawg on May 27, 2006, 01:44:31 am

V.V.  it said that he was a four year starter at Jonesboro.  I know (because I graduated from Jonesboro) that he must have played when he was still at Annie Camp or MacArthur Jr. High.  Can you tell me which he went to?

ALSO:

Did you guys see that the guys we got...almost ALL of them were being recruited by MAJOR D1 schools?  If we can get half of this class on campus...WATCH OUT.

Way to go Dave.
Retired Radio Host