Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuck Barrett is sure a good Baseball PBP guy!

Started by TulsaHawg, April 30, 2006, 02:20:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DirkPiggler

Quote from: arkhogdog61 on May 02, 2006, 05:31:33 pm
well looks like five people thought chuck was great, whoopee!!!! and as far as Mike Shannon goes Chuck couldn't carry his jockstrap! Also someone said Chuck could go places yeah far away would be GREAT!!!!!

Mike Shannon can't make it through an inning without mispronouncing a simple name.  At least Harry Caray screwed up uncommon names like Grudzielanek and Irabu.  Shannon to this day calls the Cubs/ former Braves pitcher Greg MAD-OX, despite the fact that there is not now and never has been an O in his name.  I think they pay Shannon by giving him all the Budweiser he can drink while he's broadcasting.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

PorcineSublime

Quote from: arkhogdog61 on May 01, 2006, 07:16:29 pm
well i'm no authority on baseball pbp announcers, but i have listened to cardinal baseball on the radio for a good thirty years, and Chucky is the worst i have ever heard hands down! Also as far as the back back back watch the game its not that hard to judge it, he's got the best seat in the house.  HE SUCKS
Obviously you have some sort of axe to grind here. We are talking about a college PBP guy and you are comparing him to the great Jack Buck. Ok so he doesn't measure up, maybe only Vin Scully does. Still I will stand by what I originally stated. He does a godd to excellent job for a college baseball announcer. If you think not, listen to Rick for awhile and I am sure you will see the light. I love the fact that RS bleeds Hog red, but  every ball hit is a homer and every pitch is a strike. No finer person exist, but I will take CB over Rick any day. JMO, you have right to yours as well.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: stillahog on April 30, 2006, 09:52:26 pm
Chuck does a great job with baseball.  I quit listening to sports rap, and I used to love it. 

So Mike,  you say Mike Nail will get the football gig when Paul is done,  I had always figured it would be Steve Sullivan since he took over for him doing the sportscast.  Does Sully not do announcing?  If so,  is he any good?

Steve Sullivan has called football games (high school, college, and some boxing!) on the radio for a LONG LONG TIME.. In fact he was the play by play man for Gus Malzahn's team back when he played WR at FSM Christian. His energy level is un-matched and is the BEST EVER at calling out the score on a consistent basis.. He also does a great job setting up the color man for a quick take on the play before or for what is coming up.. Football play-by-play is very tough and I think Steve Sullivan would shine as the HOGS play-by-play man, he would bring an energy level to the games like no one has has before..
Chuck is by far the perfect man for HOG BASEBALL.. His tempo and ad-lib ability to fill time is outstanding. I can't hardly watch baseball on TV let alone listen to it on the radio, but Chuck is the best man for the Hogs.. His Brady Toops post-season HR call a few years ago will go down as one of the best in HOG SPORTS HISTORY!!!..
I love Paul Eells to death, his voice is still the best and his touchdown call of "OH MY" is one of the best I've ever heard in 30 years of being a college football fan.. Lets all hope Coach Frank Broyles lets "THE CAPTIAN" Paul Eells be the VOICE OF THE RAZORBACKS for as long as he can do the job, Paul's earned that right over the years...

Go Hogs,

Eric Sully