Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Mississippi State Game Thread (Game 2)

Started by hogfan13, April 22, 2006, 04:47:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Ross U (HDHF)

Ross U (HDHF)

hogfan13

Golfer

Ross U (HDHF)

We need some help from Vandy tomorrow and we need to win this series.

Ross U (HDHF)

No we didn't really deserve to win. They beat us. I just hate MSU.

Ross U (HDHF)

Ross U (HDHF)

Hollywood_HOGan

now that totally sucks to lose one like that.

Hope that doesnt kill Bretts confidence.

And an error put that first guy on!!!

Way way too many errors.

Gotta love the fight in these kids though. We have like half our team injured and we just about took two games in one day from the #17 team in the nation.

Ah well.

Need a W tomorrow now.

Ross U (HDHF)

hogfan13

Were tied with Ole Miss for 2nd in the west and 3 game back of BAMA

razorback903

Reminds me of the Basketball season.  So close, but not quite.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

Zen_Hog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 22, 2006, 07:51:07 pm
3 up 3 down, 3 more to go.  I'm about to win a bet, may get bedroom privileges back.  I need you Hogs, it was a long winter and have yet to experience the spring thaw.

Son of a $^&#@! may be six more weeks of winter for me.  It's all riding on tomorrow's game.  Maybe I should drive to the edge of nowhere and give the team a pep talk.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

weevilhogg

Whew.  Just got back from Hell, I mean Starkville.

Hogs showed a lot of heart and a lot of fight, but I knew things weren't going to go well when Van Horn left #40 (I forget his name -- side arm throwing righty) in for the 9th.   The guy was getting outs, but he was getting hit hard and especially had by the left handed hitters.

When LaNifa came to the plate, I had that terrible feeling in my gut.

If any of you get a chance, I highly recommend you catch a game at MSU.  Great atmosphere and great fans.  They get loud and the place gets electric.  They were respectful to the Hog fans that showed up today as well.

Oh my!

hogfan13

Quote from: weevilhogg on April 23, 2006, 01:16:37 am
but I knew things weren't going to go well when Van Horn left #40 (I forget his name -- side arm throwing righty) in for the 9th.
His name is Brett Bollman. And hes a freshman. YES A FRESHMAN

weevilhogg

I sure with I kew why Bollman was left in.   Only 2 reasons I can think of:

1)  Other relievers were hurt ---- probably not the case as a lefty and righty were warming up in the 'pen

2)  "saving" the better relievers for today's game.   If this is the case, it's just plain weird / dumb / crazy.  You have to play to win the game at hand.

Oh my!

msudawgs64

If any of you get a chance, I highly recommend you catch a game at MSU.  Great atmosphere and great fans.  They get loud and the place gets electric.  They were respectful to the Hog fans that showed up today as well.

it is quite a place to catch a college baseball game..

check out this picture of our leftfield lounge from this weekend..notice the players being fed out there and what team they play for..this is also a tradition of ours.

btw, congrats on the series win..We have now gone 11-11 since starting 18-0..weekend rotation is killing us right now and we better start playing with a sense of urgency and quit leaving 12-14 runners on base every other game.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

LA HAWG

msudawgs64, I love your signature line.  LOL!

pbjones81

Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 24, 2006, 10:21:32 am

check out this picture of our leftfield lounge from this weekend..notice the players being fed out there and what team they play for..this is also a tradition of ours.

btw, congrats on the series win..We have now gone 11-11 since starting 18-0..weekend rotation is killing us right now and we better start playing with a sense of urgency and quit leaving 12-14 runners on base every other game.

MSUDAWGS64- Thats really cool.  I have a newfound respect for MSU. awesome... :)

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: pbjones81 on April 24, 2006, 11:58:12 am
Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 24, 2006, 10:21:32 am

MSUDAWGS64- Thats really cool.  I have a newfound respect for MSU. awesome... :)

MSUDAWGS64: Some of our players had food poisoning. You guys didn't....  ???

Nah. I'm just kidding. :)
+1 for the pic!