Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 24, 2007, 04:01:53 pm
sounds like he missed too close with two strikes

Welker seems to be really goin after these guys
In God I Trust

Publius

The Dores are fighting off a lot of pitches with 2 strikes

Publius

Amityvillehogger

any body know a pitch count on welker..?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

anyone know the announced attendance yet?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Publius

Another foul ball...at least the third with two strikes...ends up drawing a BB...2 on 1 out top of the Vandy order coming up.  Hog pen gets busy with Dave Jorn taking a visit to the mound.

razorkev

In God I Trust

Publius

Top of the 8th...2-1 Hogs.  Need a DP.  Welker's pitch count a little over 90.  Hill loosening in the pen.

Amityvillehogger

ahh he can finish if he gets out of this.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Publius

Grounder to Forsythe who makes a bad throw to second...E5 run scores.  Runners at 1st and 2nd scored tied at 2.

Publius

The wheels are falling off...WP runners move up 90 feet...still tied at 2.

tkhog

As much as i like ben t we have to get a better defensive ballplayer in there.

Ahenso

Amityvillehogger

Damnit get someone else in there....well, crap we have noone else
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Publius

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Publius

Break & Run

remember...he's just a JUCO transfer.  I bet he's not used to playing in front of 9,000 plus.
Last night, Sean Jones said the biggest he ever played around was about 5,000.  He said his adrenaline was PUMPING going around 3rd. lol.

GO HOGS GO!!  BEAT VANDY AGAIN!!

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on March 24, 2007, 03:57:32 pm
those games wouldn't be part of the Hogs record would it since it's not NCAA games?

Probablly not. but it would be a good experience and great for the community. 
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Publius

Called strike 3!!!  Alvarez due up.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

dmac_iz_kin

oh my goodness insdie the park 3 run homerun
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Hollywood_HOGan

Publius

Secrist misplays a lazy fly ball into an inside the park 3 run homer...5-2 Dores...the ball hit 20 feet behind him.

Amityvillehogger

FUC$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HUNGLOWHOG

Break & Run

what? a 3 run homer? inside the park? say what?

Publius

4-3...out # 3.  going to the bottom of the 8th...Vandy up 5-2.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Break & Run

Publius

Oh, the vagaries of college baseball!!

Amityvillehogger

Oh well, the games not over yet....lets see some of that come back magic
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

rupert

Listening to the Vanderbilt broadcast--their announcer thought Alvarez's ball was going to be caught and was already saying final out..sounded like the fielder never saw the ball...goodness

Publius

9326 tickets sold for today's game.

Break & Run

o gosh! now's it time to turn the bats on!  hogs are 1-for on Saturdays!

Ouachihog

Secrist never saw it.  Just looking around like crazy.  He didn't even know where it hit, the second baseman had to point back behind him.  The play at home wasn't even close.  Blows a great effort by Welker and a great chance for a Hogs series win or sweep. 

College baseball is a weird game. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Publius

Ben T up...flies to CF...1 down

Amityvillehogger

Its not welkers fault today....That sumgun threw his nutts off....great outing..
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

pbjones81

I just saw Hognoxious Jr on the Razorzone internet broadcast.....anyone else see that?  lol

Break & Run

Welker will get the loss though unless Secrist can hit his own 3-run bomb.

Publius

Oliver

We win the game last night on a runner scoring from 2nd on a sacrifice fly.  Vandy is likely to win today's game on a 3 run inside the park homerun.  Welcome to college baseball.

Amityvillehogger

I miss Craig Gentry. That guy was fun to watch
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Break & Run

o well, Vandy doesn't deserve this win, so let's go HOGS!! get the bats going!

Break & Run

Amityvillehogger

Games not over....THIS IS COLLEGE BASEBALL....
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Oliver

Secrest needs to seriously make up for that play and not get pee'd on in the shower.

Hawgvillain

Break & Run