Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOGS AND VANDY, GAME 2 THREAD

Started by Publius, March 24, 2007, 02:23:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Alverez is 0-for in the series isn't he?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Amityvillehogger

I'll pass on the razorzone thing. I'll just have to read posts. :)
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

rcowen

Quote from: Publius on March 24, 2007, 03:29:26 pm
Quote from: rcowen on March 24, 2007, 03:28:35 pm
Can i watch the game online?

Yes, if you have a subscription to Hogwired's razorzone.

That sucks. Thanks for keepin us posted though! +1

Shot of whiskey for DUGGER NOW!

Publius

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on March 24, 2007, 03:31:54 pm
I think (not sure) it's like $120 a year...i'm just estimating...maybe more or less...but the only video feed for baseball are home games.
It's 10 bucks on a monthly basis or 100 bones for a year...they usually run specials twice a year for 80 bucks a year...It's worth it particularly if you live out of state.

Ahenso

Publius

Break & Run

;) i was close...lol...i can't afford it...lol...i'm only 17. but i'm applying for a band scholarship to the U of A on trumpet...so i'll get to see 'em all!
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Publius

Forsythe up...Hogs up 2-1 with 1 down bottom 6

Publius

Amityvillehogger

Ok is it bottom of 5 or 6. Im reading both here?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Publius

Publius

Secrist hustles for a 2 out double.

Ahenso

Publius

Publius

Hamblin whiffss....2-1 Hogs going to the 7th

Break & Run

Hamblin has power...but he's just like Ryan Howard...strikes out too much!

Publius

Welker working on a 3 hitter takes the mound for the 7th

Publius

4, 5, 6 guys up for Vandy...Welker has thrown less than 70 pitches so should have plenty left...

Publius

Comebacker to Welker 1 out..Welker has now gotten the lead off man in EVERY INNING.

Break & Run

maybe a complete game??  what a confidence booster that would be for the JR RHP.

Break & Run

lol, only 4 innings last night that Arkansas got Vandy's lead off man!  Welker is doing the job like a BEAST!

Publius

Called strike 3...2 out.  K number 4 for Duke

Publius

Vandy's manager getting on the HP ump a bit and being told to pipe down.

Publius

Break & Run

he's plating some awesome pitches to get the guys out if he only hass 4 strike outs.

Publius

another comebacker...and another 1-2-3 inning for Welker...2-1 Hogs going to the stretch

rcowen

Publius

Calling the Hogs during the 7th inning stretch at Baum...Mike Fisher of Camden is the swing for the skies qualifer...Julius retired on 1 pitch 3-1

Publius

Publius

Publius

The slumping Dugger up...1-9 in the series so far

dmac_iz_kin

i wonder if the hogs will ever play the wranglers or whatever their called. that would attract some good midweek crowds
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Break & Run

at least he isn't o-fer like Pedro Alverez

Publius

rzrbckfan426

its not the wranglers, its the naturals

Hogs4Ever

Publius

Smalling caught stealing...going to the 8th...2-1 Hogs

Break & Run

wat a pitcher's dual!! go Welker! show'em how it's done!

Publius

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 24, 2007, 03:52:03 pm
i wonder if the hogs will ever play the wranglers or whatever their called. that would attract some good midweek crowds
I remember they played the Travelers about 30 years ago at Ray Winder Field...so maybe.

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on March 24, 2007, 03:52:33 pm
its not the wranglers, its the naturals

ok, i new they'd changed the name, couldn't remember what the mascot was.  I just wonder if they moved up here 5 years ago would JFB be opposed to playing an instate Minor league team in baseball?!
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Publius

Welker takes the mound for the 8th...7, 8, and 9 men up for the Dores.

razorkev

Thru 7...Duke has given up 3 hits..1 run(unearned)...and no walks!!!
In God I Trust

Break & Run

hopefully Dugger will get into the grove...but we need him in the center field position.  AWESOME outfielder!

Publius

Welker gets ahead 0-2...now the count is even 2-2

Break & Run

those games wouldn't be part of the Hogs record would it since it's not NCAA games?

Publius

7 in a row for Welker...4-3...one out

Publius

Welker gets ahead 1-2 on the next batter

Publius

1 out double for the Dores...shot to center smoked over Dugger's head

Amityvillehogger

sounds like he missed too close with two strikes
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Publius

Welker is tiring...falling behind 2-1