Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vanderbilt@Arkansas Game Thread.

Started by Anthony McReynolds, March 23, 2007, 06:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PintailKiller

Quote from: pigfeet on March 23, 2007, 10:33:25 pm
Quote from: PintailKiller on March 23, 2007, 10:30:42 pm
Not against that pitcher - Weathers is a stud and contact had not been good.  I agree with the call.

I thought you were there?

Left in the 9th due to cranky 9 month old.  Thought Todd would have closed the door.  Walker dropped a foul tip 3rd strike and a bloop over 2nd allowed Vandy to tie it up.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Dwight_K_Shrute

That's a what a ballsy coach will do.  He creates players with a will to win.  You think these guys thought for a minute they would lose this game.  Pay DVH 5 mil a year to coach all sports.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The HogDog

I'm so pumped right now!  I get to go to tomorrow's game.  It'll be my first this year!

TomasPistola

Pop fly to DEEP Center field. Right at the wall. Runner scores from 2nd base with a slide at home. Outfield was cheating IN and we caught them.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hogman64

Dave VanHorn has more guts in his little finger than Nutt has in his whole body........Go Hogs.

Publius

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 23, 2007, 10:35:42 pm
Not against that pitcher - Weathers is a stud and contact had not been good.  I agree with the call.

Left in the 9th due to cranky 9 month old.  Thought Todd would have closed the door.  Walker dropped a foul tip 3rd strike and a bloop over 2nd allowed Vandy to tie it up.

The crowd looked sweet on Hogwired...how about in person?

PintailKiller

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 23, 2007, 10:36:13 pm
Pop fly to DEEP Center field. Right at the wall. Runner scores from 2nd base with a slide at home. Outfield was cheating IN and we caught them.

Their outfield played in all night - contact was the problem for the Hogs.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: The HogDog on March 23, 2007, 10:34:58 pm
Quote from: pigfeet on March 23, 2007, 10:34:24 pm
Scored the runner from 2nd on the SAC.

SWEET!!  Go Hogs - Vandy loses 2nd of the year!  Let's get those brooms out!  :)
Are you fricking kidding?  Never seen anyone score from second on a sac fly.  Is that runner just that fast, or was the ball hit deep to a gap?

PintailKiller

Just over 9,000.  Awesome crowd.

pigfeet

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 23, 2007, 10:35:42 pm

You have got to be kidding me. You pour some whiskey in their drink and stay till the end. That will get them to settle down.

hogs dont cry

A big THANK YOU to all of you guys who kept this thread going with updates.  You guys are awesome!

Great win Hogs!

razorkev

Quote from: Publius on March 23, 2007, 10:34:41 pm
I was watching on Hogwired and DVH had the arm windmillin and Jones never let up coming around third.  The center fielder was running away from the play and took it a little easy getting it back into the infield...Freakin' great game!!

I thought that was a mistake on "livestats"...thats guts scoring from 2nd on a sac. fly
In God I Trust

badbrad

i wonder if dave van horn has a couple of brothers that maybe coach football and basketball??  couldn't help but dream.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hogman64 on March 23, 2007, 10:36:14 pm
Dave VanHorn has more guts in his little finger than Nutt has in his whole body........Go Hogs.

More fire in his Belly than one nice guy I know too.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Publius

Great base running by Jones because he assumed that DVH might give him the green light...I mean he was haulin' a$$ and never let up!!

Publius

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on March 23, 2007, 10:37:10 pm
Quote from: The HogDog on March 23, 2007, 10:34:58 pm
Quote from: pigfeet on March 23, 2007, 10:34:24 pm
Scored the runner from 2nd on the SAC.

SWEET!!  Go Hogs - Vandy loses 2nd of the year!  Let's get those brooms out!  :)
Are you fricking kidding?  Never seen anyone score from second on a sac fly.  Is that runner just that fast, or was the ball hit deep to a gap?
Both!

The HogDog

Over 9,000 screaming fans...  vs #1 in nation...  extra innings...  pro scouts everywhere...  It's Baseball in Fayetteville, AR

HELL YEAH!!  Go Hogs Go!

Publius

Hogs keep pace with BAMA.  LSU was getting hammered by UK in Baton Rougue, MSU and Ole Piss lost, good nite for Hog nation!!

Pigonometry

I remember rookie Willie McGee scoring from second on a sac fly in the 1982 World Series when Gorman Thomas of the Brewers slipped on the warning track..........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

razorkev

In God I Trust

HOGSandDUCKS

GREAT GAME... It got kinda slow for a while there but the atmosphere was amazing.  I spent most of the game in the outfield and i have to say, there were some great DiamondHog fans there today.

Publius

Quote from: Pigonometry on March 23, 2007, 10:41:23 pm
I remember rookie Willie McGee scoring from second on a sac fly in the 1982 World Series when Gorman Thomas of the Brewers slipped on the warning track..........
It is a pretty rare play...but not unprecedented.  Kinda like scoring from first on a single or a triple play.

The HogDog

Quote from: razorkev on March 23, 2007, 10:41:57 pm
Didn't know Vandy was ranked #1

Yep - they are really good but they also haven't played much of anyone this year.  The starting pitcher tonight for them is projected #1 overall pick in the next pro draft.  Oh yeah... and WE JUST BEAT THEM!!

gt45_1

Publius

Quote from: The HogDog on March 23, 2007, 10:43:20 pm

Yep - they are really good but they also haven't played much of anyone this year.  The starting pitcher tonight for them is projected #1 overall pick in the next pro draft.  Oh yeah... and WE JUST BEAT THEM!!
Haven't played anyone?  Only if you call Rice, Arizona State, Baylor, and Ole Miss no one.  Their third baseman had a $ 1,000,000 offer from the Red Sox and Price is supposedly the nation's best college pitcher.

razorrog1

A big ole thanks to everyone for all the updates!

Publius

Fun nite...now time for the rack.  Till tomorrow...GO HOGS!!!

PintailKiller

Quote from: The HogDog on March 23, 2007, 10:43:20 pm

They beat Rice and Baylor early in the year.  The rest of the schedule has been mediocre.

ArchitectHog

Quote from: The HogDog on March 23, 2007, 10:40:04 pm
Over 9,000 screaming fans...  vs #1 in nation...  extra innings...  pro scouts everywhere...  It's Baseball in Fayetteville, AR

HELL YEAH!!  Go Hogs Go!

Agreed....the atmosphere was eletric!  I honestly did not think the turn out would be as big as it was.  Boy, was I wrong!  It reminded me of when the regionals were played here a couple of years ago.  The difference was the added room in the outfield.  That makes all the difference in the world.

There had to have been 700-1000 people in the outfield.  The entire stadium was packed as well.
I am anxious to see what the turn out for tomorrow will be.   My guess is over 10000.

Way to go Hog Fans!! It was good to see everyone enjoying something together!!! 
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

WilsonHog

Helluva night! The crowd was great. The game wasn't pretty in terms of fundamental baseball, but a any win when David Price is on the mound is huge. 

ArchitectHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 23, 2007, 10:53:04 pm
Helluva night! The crowd was great. The game wasn't pretty in terms of fundamental baseball, but a any win when David Price is on the mound is huge. 

Prices first pitch was clocked @ 99.  Schmidt @ 96.  I would say we all saw two future pros tonight.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Razorbackuphere

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorcineSublime

I must say that when we failed to score in the ninth, I thought we were done. The crowd was electric and we rocked the house. Both Price and Schmidt did not start witht their best stuff, but they both settled down and did OK. The home plate ump was very inconsistent with his strike zone and I think it hurt both pitchers. Great game, I will be hoarse tomorrow for sure.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

woodhog14