Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Baseball vs Kansas game 1 thread

Started by chiefsfan, March 09, 2007, 01:08:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

since no one actually has anything on the game I thought I would be nice enough to let you know that the game is scoreless in the bottom of the second

Jess Todd is starting for the hogs and struck out 3 of the first 6 batters he faced.   Van Horn is looking for a solid pitcher behind Schmidt and has turned to jess as a starter

In the realm of the no one thought this would ever happen.   Casey Coon is now a full time outfielder, and Logan Forsythe, who was supposed to redshirt last year because he couldnt hit, is batting cleanup.   And Danny Hamblin whom everyone thought would be our leading hitter this year, is batting 8th
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HogBaptist

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 09, 2007, 01:08:19 pm
since no one actually has anything on the game I thought I would be nice enough to let you know that the game is scoreless in the bottom of the second

Jess Todd is starting for the hogs and struck out 3 of the first 6 batters he faced.   Van Horn is looking for a solid pitcher behind Schmidt and has turned to jess as a starter

In the realm of the no one thought this would ever happen.   Casey Coon is now a full time outfielder, and Logan Forsythe, who was supposed to redshirt last year because he couldnt hit, is batting cleanup.   And Danny Hamblin whom everyone thought would be our leading hitter this year, is batting 8th

awesome, thanks man....i can't get it up here on the radio. +1

chiefsfan

Ill try and do updates some...  but they wont be for every single hitter...  just to difficult
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

zebra

LiveCast via hogwired, isn't working for me.  Thanks for the update.

dish13-hog

"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

HogBaptist

pbjones81

Quote from: zebra on March 09, 2007, 01:11:16 pm
LiveCast via hogwired, isn't working for me.  Thanks for the update.

its working for me....kind of....its really slow and the video keeps freezing forcing me to refresh every minute or so.  hogwired is such a joke. 

pbjones81

casey coon is a nice surprise this season.

chiefsfan

Hogs go in order in the second.  Kansas follows suit in the third

Hogs dont in the bottom third   Hamblin walks, and Dugger hits one thats still going  2-0 hogs

dish13-hog

"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

Hawgvillain

Jess Todd is starting for the hogs and struck out 3 of the first 6 batters he faced.   Van Horn is looking for a solid pitcher behind Schmidt and has turned to jess as a starter

In the realm of the no one thought this would ever happen.   Casey Coon is now a full time outfielder, and Logan Forsythe, who was supposed to redshirt last year because he couldnt hit, is batting cleanup.   And Danny Hamblin whom everyone thought would be our leading hitter this year, is batting 8th
I got a chance to hang out with Logan, Hamblin, Coon, and a few of the other players on Wednesday night and they were all good guys.  I asked Logan if we were heading to Omaha this year and he said that they had 4 goals this year (win the SEC, win a regional, win a superregional, and win Omaha).  He made a point of saying that going to Omaha was not the goal but winning it all.  It was refreshing...

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hawgvillain on March 09, 2007, 01:18:50 pm

I got a chance to hang out with Logan, Hamblin, Coon, and a few of the other players on Wednesday night and they were all good guys.  I asked Logan if we were heading to Omaha this year and he said that they had 4 goals this year (win the SEC, win a regional, win a superregional, and win Omaha).  He made a point of saying that going to Omaha was not the goal but winning it all.  It was refreshing...

you see in baseball, we aren't dead set on being happy with 8th place in the SEC.   Despite the fact that 8th place in the SEC equals an NCAA trip every year

peakhog

No big rain up there? Short but sweet deluge in Fort Smith.

Hawgballz

With 1 out in the 4th Kansas gets their FIRST baserunner off of Todd.  He was perfect through 3 & 1/3 with 6 Ks.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

chiefsfan

Quote from: peakhog on March 09, 2007, 01:20:37 pm

From what I understand its raining alright...   There just still playing baseball

Hope the rain doesnt make Jonesboro till late tonight...I dont want ASU's game to be rained out

Hawgballz

Todd gets out of the 4th with just the 1 baserunner (a double) and Ks his 7th batter through 4 innings.

pbjones81

Jess Todd is a strikeout machine.  After today he might have topped Schmidts career single game strikeout record. which I think is somewhere between 12-14

Anthony McReynolds

What stations is the game on I can not get it on kfay 1030 or kurm or the sports hog where can I listen?If I find a station I will do updates.

HogBaptist

zebra

Quote from: hogfan22 on March 09, 2007, 01:30:00 pm
What stations is the game on I can not get it on kfay 1030 or kurm or the sports hog where can I listen?If I find a station I will do updates.

Try 100.3

chiefsfan

Quote from: pbjones81 on March 09, 2007, 01:29:36 pm
Jess Todd is a strikeout machine.  After today he might have topped Schmidts career single game strikeout record.

unfortunately he is on a 70 pitch limit so we dont overthrow him.   He was battling arm soreness all last week

Hawgvillain

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 09, 2007, 01:24:34 pm
Quote from: peakhog on March 09, 2007, 01:20:37 pm

From what I understand its raining alright...   There just still playing baseball

Hope the rain doesnt make Jonesboro till late tonight...I dont want ASU's game to be rained out
Not raining right now...we had some this morning though.
Jess Todd is a strikeout machine.  After today he might have topped Schmidts career single game strikeout record. which I think is somewhere between 12-14
When he is throwing his slider in the strikezone - righties on the other team might as well give up.

zebra

Three hogs up three hogs down on strikes in the bottom of the 4th.

Hawgballz

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 09, 2007, 01:31:10 pm
Jess Todd is a strikeout machine.  After today he might have topped Schmidts career single game strikeout record.

unfortunately he is on a 70 pitch limit so we dont overthrow him.   He was battling arm soreness all last week

Yes and he has thrown 52 pitches through 4 innings, so 5 or maybe 6 innings will be about it for Todd.

pbjones81

IS RAZORZONE WORKING CONSISTENTLY FOR ANYBODY?!?!?     %$!* this is frustrating.  Im about to say screw it and turn it off.

Hawgballz

1st batter in the 5th Ks and the second 1 gets a single on an 0-2 count.

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogfan22 on March 09, 2007, 01:41:27 pm
Kansas Scores on a basehit 2-1 Hogs.

3 singles in a row brings in a run and there are runners on 1st & 2nd with 1 out.

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Bases loaded for jess todd with 1 out.

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Kansas scores a run on a error by Ben T. scores is 5-2

Anthony McReynolds

Be back after the timeout for pitching change.

Anthony McReynolds

Jess todd goes 4 2/3 innings dallas k. is the new pitcher.

Anthony McReynolds

Ben t. get the 3rd out going to the bottom of the 5th kansas leads 5-2

pbjones81

did I jinx him or something??  jeeze....Too bad for him, he was doing so good.

pbjones81

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

Anthony McReynolds

pbjones81

Quote from: hogfan22 on March 09, 2007, 02:00:31 pm
Hamblin flies out for the 1st out.

what on earth is the matter with that boy?  I hope he gets a hold of his hitting.

artyhog

Hogs pitching needs to get going as well as the bats.

Anthony McReynolds

Single for willard duggar up to bat.   

Anthony McReynolds