Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AR/Wisconsin-Milwaukee Game 2 Thread

Started by Hawgvillain, February 18, 2007, 03:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgvillain

Quote from: huntsducks on February 18, 2007, 04:38:20 pm
+1 for the updates Hawgvillian!
No prob...Jacob Julius digs in now with 2 down...Ferrell starts him off with a strike...the next pitch misses low and it's 1-1 to Julius...the next pitch is low and away 2-1...over but low for the next pitch and it's 3-1...Julius gets a pitch he likes and puts a charge into it...it's deep to left and you can put it on the board YES!...Julius crushes a 2 run homer and it's 12-2 Arkansas...Julius is now 2-3 with 5 RBI's in his first game as a Hog

Hawgvillain

Tim Smalling now hits the first pitch deep to center but it is caught...the Hogs score 6 runs in the inning...I missed the hits again...1 error in the inning...0 men left on base...after three:
AR-12
UWM-2

Hawgvillain

February 18, 2007, 04:50:01 pm #52 Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 04:53:12 pm by Hawgvillain
I missed the first batter for UWM but he leads the inning off with a single...Shaun Wegner is the next hitter...Welker starts him with a ball followed by a strike and it's 1-1...fastball inside 2-1...curveball inside 3-1...The next pitch is swung on and goes to the screen, the runner goes to second...he then returns to first base thinking it was a foul ball but the Hogs throw down to first base and tag the runner out...the umpires converge and decide that the pitch was not fouled back and call him out...1 down

Update...Ben Tschepikow actually convinced the runner that the ball had been fouled back to the screen.  He turned and trotted back to 1b where he was greeted by Danny Hamblin holding the ball...one of the most bizarre plays I've ever heard of...WPS! :razorback:

Hawgvillain

For Wegner...the 3-2 pitch is grounded to SS...he throws to first...2 down

Hawgvillain

Kyle Silver is the next hitter...Welker misses with 2 balls...the next pitch is skied to RF and the inning is over...0 runs 1 hit 0 errors...0 men left...midway through 4:
AR-12
UWM-2

Hawgvillain

Brad Secrist leads off the bottom half of the fourth for the Hogs...Adam Ferrell starts him with a pair of balls 2-0...Secrist smashed the next ball to right for a single...he's 3-3 today

Hawgvillain

Quote from: PorkOpine on February 18, 2007, 04:53:47 pm
You're doing a great job.  +1
Thanks...

Sean Jones now hits with Secrist down at 1B...Jones jumps ahead 1-0...more action in the UWM bullpen...Jones fouls the next one off and it's 1-1...Jones takes the next one high 2-1...the next two pitches are fouled off 2-2...Jones watches a ball go by and it's full to Jones...Jones fouls off a few pitches...Jones crushes the next pitch into the RF corner and he has a double...Secrist down to third...Jones now has 3 hits as well

fineswine

Hawgvillain

Jake Dugger now hits with runners on second and third with nobody out...he has walked three times today already...not surprisingly, the first pitch to him is a ball...the next pitch is swung on and missed 1-1...the next two pitches miss the zone and it's 3-1...and, appropriately, Dugger draws his fourth walk of the day to load the bases...

Hawgvillain

Now Ben Tschepikow gets a chance to do some damage with the bases full and 0 out...the first one misses...Tschepikow hits the next ball deep to left...it's to the track but pulled in...Secrist scores on the sac fly...Sean Jones moves up to third...runners on first and third now with 1 out...13-2 Hogs

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Hawgvillain

Casey Coon is the hitter...he fouls the first pitch off 0-1...the next one misses...the next one is there 1-2...Adam Ferrell fires and misses 2-2...Coon fouls another off...the next pitch misses inside and it's full to Coon...Ferrell loses Coon and the bases are now loaded...

Hawgvillain

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Hawgvillain

Jeff Nutt now bats with the bases loaded and 1 out...Ferrell is still in there...it appears UWM is throwing in the towel in this one and leaving him out there to save some guys in the pen...Nutt falls behind 0-2...Pair of balls makes it 2-2...Nutt swings and drives one down the RF line...it 1 hops the fence...all three runs come around to score and it's a three run double for Jeff Nutt...16-2 Hogs...WPS!

Hawgvillain

UWM can't take it any longer and they are going to get Ferrell...

The new pitcher for UWM is Andy Hetebrueg.  He is a sophmore from West Blend, Wisc.

Dylan Duren is in there to pinch hit for Danny Hamblin...Duren is a freshman from Tulsa Union...2-2 to Duren...the pitch misses low and it's full...Duren swings and misses and there are two down...

Hawgvillain

Jacob Julius now hits for the Hogs...1-2 to Julius...Hetebrueg strikes out Julius and the inning is over...four more runs for the Hogs...after four:
AR-16
UWM-2

yraciv

Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 18, 2007, 05:01:11 pm
Jake Dugger now hits with runners on second and third with nobody out...he has walked three times today already...not surprisingly, the first pitch to him is a ball...the next pitch is swung on and missed 1-1...the next two pitches miss the zone and it's 3-1...and, appropriately, Dugger draws his fourth walk of the day to load the bases...

I vaguely rember I think Dugger walked 4 or 5 times in a game last year.

Hawgvillain

Duren stays in to play 1B...Welker is still on the Hill...Stephen Robison is now in to play center for the Hogs replacing Jake Dugger...

Hawgvillain

Jesse Hart is the first hitter against Welker...Hart is the Panther leadoff hitter...Shaun Seibert is getting loose for the Hogs...This is a great chance to get him back in there for some confidence...2-2 count to Hart...he grounds to the SS, Smalling who cannot field it and Hart reaches on an error

Hawgvillain

Grant Berkovitz digs in...he gets in a hole 0-2...1-2...Welker blows one by him and Berkovitz is down on strikes...1 out

Hawgvillain

Rob Brockel is the hitter...2-1 to him...Brockel fouls the next one back 2-2...Welker strikes Brockel out looking...2 down

Hawgvillain

Nick Wichser is the next hitter...he hits a chopper to 1B and Duren can't field it cleanly...2nd error of the inning...runners on first and second with 2 down

Hawgvillain

Welker now faces Ross McCoy...1-0 to him...he swings and misses 1-1...in there for a strike 1-2...Welker blows McCoy away with a FB and the side is retired...0 Runs 0 Hits 2 Errors...2 left on...midway through the fifth:
AR-16
UWM-2

Hawgvillain

Welker's day is almost certainly over...he pitched decently going 5 innings and giving up 2 runs...I'm excited to let Seibert get in there and figure some things out...we really need him to start pitching like he was at the end of last year.

Hawgvillain

Tim Smalling leads off the bottom of the fifth for the Hogs...Hetebrueg starts him off with a strike followed by a pair of balls 2-1...Smalling lines a ball into CF for a single

Hawgvillain

Brad Secrist is now up...he's having a big day going 3-3 with a triple...he smashes another single and Smalling gets all the way around to third...4-4 now for Secrist

RandyFromJohnson

Hawgvillain

The next hitter is Sean Jones...he promptly strikes out and there's 1 out...

Hawgvillain

Stephen Robison is now hitting...guess Jake Dugger wont get anymore walks...Robison jumps ahead 2-0...Robison smashes a ball into deep left...all the way to the wall...both runs come home and Robison has himself a 2 run double...AR 18 UWM-2...WPS!

Hawgvillain

February 18, 2007, 05:27:21 pm #80 Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 05:30:41 pm by Hawgvillain
Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 18, 2007, 04:44:06 pm
you can put it on the board YES!...

You did not just say that...
LOL...couldn't think of anything to say

yraciv

thanks for the great job hawgvillain, but I'm sure most would apprecite it you keep the white sox sayings off the board

Hawgvillain

Matt Willard now bats for Ben Tschepikow...Willard had some crazy happenings earlier today...he actually got hit by a pitch but the ump called him back to the plate saying he leaned into it...2 pitches later he got hit again...then in his next at bat he got hit again...2-2 to Willard and guess what happens...he gets hit again...runners on 1st and 2nd

Hawgvillain

Casey Coon now bats again with another chance to do some damage...runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out...3-2 to Coon...Runners don't go...Coon hammers a single into RF...Robison is in to score but Willard gets thrown out going for third...AR-19 UWM-2...Coon now has 18 RBI's on the season

Hawgvillain

Quote from: yraciv on February 18, 2007, 05:28:11 pm
thanks for the great job hawgvillain, but I'm sure most would apprecite it you keep the white sox sayings off the board
LOL...it's funny because I think those White Sox guys are the absolute worst announcers in baseball...my apologies everyone

Hawgvillain

Jeff Nutt now hits...he swings and misses at a pitch and the bat goes flying from his hands into the 3B stands into a group of fans...everyone is okay...Nutt grounds to 2B and the 2B can't field it...Coon doesn't stop running from first on the play so the 2B tries to throw to third but instead throws it into LF and Coon comes around to score...20-2 Hogs...Nutt ends up at second...2 errors on the 2B on the play

Hawgvillain

Dylan Duren is the next hitter and he promptly draws a walk...2 on and 2 out for Jacob Julius

Hawgvillain

Julius hits a fly ball to left and the side is retired...the Hogs put up 4 runs...after 5 innings:
AR-20
UWM-2

Hawgvillain

Shaun Seibert is the new pitcher for the Razorbacks...he'll face Josh Groves to lead off the sixth inning...I'm getting sleepy so I'm going to try to shorten up my updates...Groves hammers one to right but Jacob Julius makes a great play on it...1 down

Hawgvillain

Tim Patzman is the next batter...Patzman strikes out swinging but it gets away from Nutt...Patzman goes down to first...turns out Patzman is the one that got caught going back to first earlier today...the umpire jokingly tries to call Patzman back to the plate saying it was a "foul ball*"

*if this doesn't make sense you gotta go read the updates from earlier...

Hawgvillain

The next batter grounds to 2B...he flips to second for one but the ball is bobbled...2 down

Hawgvillain

Seibert strikes out the next batter and the side is retired...midway through 6:
AR-20
UWM-2

Hawgvillain

Shawn Wozniak comes in to play first for the Panthers...Tim Smalling is the hitter for the Hogs...I think (but can't remember for sure) that Andy Hetebrueg is still pitching for UWM...

Razorhogs

Hawgvillain

3-1...Smalling hammers one back through the box and he's on with a leadoff single

Hawgvillain

kratter

I really appreciate the updates, Hawgvillian
Aim for Greatness, you'll reach Greatness at best, Mediocrity at worst.
Aim for Mediocrity, you'll reach Mediocrity at best, Failure at worst.
-Kratter, 2004

Hawgvillain

Brad Secrist is the hitter...Secrist hammers one to LF and it's up against the wall...Secrist has a double and Smalling comes around to score...Secrist is now 5-5 lacking only the homer for the cycle...AR-21 UWM-2

Hawgvillain