Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs v. Troy Game 3 Thread

Started by razorbacker80, February 11, 2007, 01:14:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgvillain

The next hitter is Edgar Ramirez...Ramirez fouls off Todd's first pitch...the second one misses and it's 1-1

Hawgvillain

Someone finally puts the ball in play...Ramirez pops the ball directly up over the plate and Jeff Nutt catches it...2 down

Hawgvillain

1-2 to the next hitter (I missed his name)...the Trojans are down to their last strike...and Todd delivers...he puts a slider on the outside corner and the hitter just watches it go by...Hogs Win! Hogs Win! Holy Cow!

Hawgvillain

Todd finishes the game in dominant style, striking out 5 of the 6 batters that he faced...I think we gotta give him a shot in the rotation...

Hawgvillain

February 11, 2007, 04:18:10 pm #204 Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 04:19:57 pm by Hawgvillain
The final line is:

AR - 16R 14H 0E
Troy - 2R 7H 2E

Duke Welker is my player of the game (only because I can't give it to the Trojan pitching staff).  He pitched 5 shutout innings and got the win.  Ricky Ibarz is the losing pitcher for the Trojans.

The Hogs managed an offensive explosion this series and really the pitching on Saturday was the only negative.  Seibert, who I had huge hopes for, needs to get it together - or we gotta find someone who will.

Kudos to the Hogs for starting the year off with 2 tough series on the road against very good mid-major teams.  I'm happy that we were able to win both series.  Expect things to get a little easier the next few weeks with home series against Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Illinois State.  There's no reason the Hogs shouldn't win at least 5 out of those 6 games.

I was happy to do the updates and I hope everyone enjoyed following along.  
:razorback: WPS and GHG :razorback:

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 11, 2007, 04:13:39 pm
Todd finishes the game in dominant style, striking out 5 of the 6 batters that he faced...I think we gotta give him a shot in the rotation...

No way, he is too valuable as a closer.  We have needed someone like him for some time
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgvillain

Quote from: HawgBall06 on February 11, 2007, 04:19:28 pm

No way, he is too valuable as a closer.  We have needed someone like him for some time
I gotta disagree about that...we just went a weekend series where we lost a game and our second best pitcher didn't pitch one inning that mattered...

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 11, 2007, 04:18:10 pm
The final line is:

AR - 16R 14H 0E
Troy - 2R 7H 2E

Duke Welker is my player of the game (only because I can't give it to the Trojan pitching staff).  He pitched 5 shutout innings and got the win.  Ricky Ibarz is the losing pitcher for the Trojans.

The Hogs managed an offensive explosion this series and really the pitching on Saturday was the only negative.  Seibert, who I had huge hopes for, needs to get it together - or we gotta find someone who will.

Kudos to the Hogs for starting the year off with 2 tough series on the road against very good mid-major teams.  I'm happy that we were able to win both series.  Expect things to get a little easier the next few weeks with home series against Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Illinois State.  There's no reason the Hogs shouldn't win at least 5 out of those 6 games.

Great job with the updates, many thanks.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: HawgBall06 on February 11, 2007, 04:20:55 pm
Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 11, 2007, 04:18:10 pm
The final line is:

AR - 16R 14H 0E
Troy - 2R 7H 2E

Great job with the updates, many thanks.
No problem...happy to do them

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 11, 2007, 04:20:52 pm

I gotta disagree about that...we just went a weekend series where we lost a game and our second best pitcher didn't pitch one inning that mattered...

Yes, but it all changes when we get into the SEC schedule and 9 out of 10 games come down to stopping your opponent late in the game (7,8 & 9 innings).

HogFansReunited

Great job Hawgvillian.  Keep up the good work.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

huntsducks

Thanks Hawgvillain.....Good win for the HOGS.....
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Hawgvillain

Quote from: HawgBall06 on February 11, 2007, 04:23:26 pm
Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 11, 2007, 04:20:52 pm

Yes, but it all changes when we get into the SEC schedule and 9 out of 10 games come down to stopping your opponent late in the game (7,8 & 9 innings).
Fair enough...For now, I'm just going to hope that Seibert gets it together and this is a moot discussion.  He's only had 2 outings so there is still plenty of time...

HogBen

Thanks for the updates all day.   

Go Hogs!

sowmonella

Thanks for keeping us informed. Good Job!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

wincrimson

Not bad at all..

Troy had a pretty good team last year.  Wins like this can only help the 'ol RPI.

Break & Run

yea, Troy only lost like 13 games last year.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ILuvMyHog(s)

Thanks for the updates!!  Great job!

WPS!!!!
Life is too short not to enjoy it!!