Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs v. Troy Game 3 Thread

Started by razorbacker80, February 11, 2007, 01:14:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tkhog

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on February 11, 2007, 03:23:19 pm
Everybody make sure to give Hawgvillain some karma for the job he's doing.  :D WPS!
I just noticed it was back when you said that...

deshahawg

I'm surprised that Arkansas isn't doing better this year than they are. Didn't they start 7-0 last year?

Hawgvillain

Hrozek hits a sharp bouncing ball to third and Henry makes a diving stop...Henry fires to first but the throw is offline...Hrozek is safe at first...Murphree moves all the way around to third on the play...for those you scoring at home it's ruled a hit and an error (allowing Murphree to move to third)...

Hawgvillain

Quote from: deshahawg on February 11, 2007, 03:28:05 pm
I'm surprised that Arkansas isn't doing better this year than they are. Didn't they start 7-0 last year?
Well, starting at Troy and at La. Tech is pretty tough...They are both good teams expected to win their conferences and make it into the tourney

Logan Forsythe is now up with a chance to add to the lead...2-2 to Forsythe

Hawgvillain

Brown deals a breaking ball in the dirt and Hrozek moves to second on the wild pitch...full count to Forsythe

Hawgvillain

Brown deals and misses...Forsythe draws a 1 out walk and the bases are now loaded for Tim Smalling

deshahawg

How are we looking in the bull pin this year? I was pretty disappointed that we lost the freshman last year at second base. Where did he go to play for his brother?

Hawgvillain

Smalling lines the ball hard into right but the rightfielder is there...Murphree comes into score on the sac fly...Hrozek intelligently moves up to third as well

Hawgvillain

Quote from: deshahawg on February 11, 2007, 03:31:15 pm
How are we looking in the bull pin this year? I was pretty disappointed that we lost the freshman last year at second base. Where did he go to play for his brother?
In the games that I have listened to the pen has been great...starting pitching was the problem yesterday...

Hawgvillain

Brad Secrist is pinch hitting...I missed who he is hitting for (sorry)...1-1 to Secrist...a breaking ball in the dirt gets by the catcher and Hrozek is in to score (great job going 2nd to 3rd on the sac fly by him)...Forsythe moves up to second on the play
AR-16
Troy-2

Hawgvillain

Secrist hits a sharp ground ball to 2B and the inning is over...2 runs 1 hit 1 error...1 man left on...it's time to stretch at Troy:
AR-16
Troy-2

deshahawg

I'm looking forward to the run for the world series this year. Van Horn has done an awesome job with the program.

Hawgvillain

Murphree stays in the game at first, Matt Willard stayed in after last inning at 2B, Secrist stays in RF, and Stephen Robison is now out there in CF...

Keuchel is back out and there's quickly 1 down on a ground ball to third...

Hawgvillain

Keuchel is now facing Bart Pettus...1-2 to him

Hawgvillain

A few pitches miss and it's full to Pettus...Keuchel deals Pettus fouls it back...

Hawgvillain

Pettus lines the payoff pitch back up the middle for a single and there's 1 on with 1 out...it's Pettus's first hit in his college career...

Ian Craze (top of the lineup) is now up

Hawgvillain

1-1 to Craze...Keuchel deals and Craze swings and misses 1-2...Keuchel strikes Craze out swinging - 2 down

Hawgvillain

Pettus is the runner at first and Brett Henry is the batter...1-1 to Henry

razorbacker80

Man it's nice to see the offense. 
Pretty high scoring weekend.
Fri:13
Sat: 8
Sun: 16 and counting

Hawgvillain

The count goes full to Henry and Pettus will be going

Hawgvillain

Keuchel loses Henry...he walks and Clint Robinson will bat with 2 on and 2 out

deshahawg

We should have an excellent offense this year, I just hope that our pitching stands up to the challenge this year. I've been away and haven't been able to keep up much, but we did get 3-4 great young pitchers this year didn't we?

Hawgvillain

Quote from: deshahawg on February 11, 2007, 03:42:38 pm
We should have an excellent offense this year, I just hope that our pitching stands up to the challenge this year. I've been away and haven't been able to keep up much, but we did get 3-4 great young pitchers this year didn't we?
2 of the top 5 rated JUCO players in the country

Fayetnam

Hawgvillain

The count is 1-2 to Robinson...Keuchel deals and Robinson hammers it to right center field...Robison gets there and the inning is over...0 runs 1 hit 0 errors...2 men left on base...after seven:
AR-16
Troy-2

Hawgvillain

Jess Todd sits back down for the Hogs...Chuck is speculating that they just let Todd have a hard bullpen session instead of putting him in today

Hawgvillain

The Trojans are making a pitching change...Jeff Green is the new hurler...he's a right handed junior from Byron, MI

Hawgvillain

Matt Willard is the hitter and Green starts him off with a strike

Hawgvillain

Green fires and Willard lines one sharply at the 3B...1 down

Hawgvillain

The Hogs are pinch hitting for Casey Coon...Thomas Hauskey is the hitter...Green starts him with a ball

Hawgvillain

The next pitch is fouled away and it's 1-1...Hauskey is a redshirt freshman from Springdale, Ar...the 1-1 pitch is lined down the RF line...Woods makes a diving attempt but traps the ball...Hauskey is aboard with a single...

Hawgvillain

Jeff Nutt is now pinch hitting for Brian Walker...Walker's 13 game hitting streak that dates back to last season is over...Nutt will likely stay in the game to catch...

Hawgvillain

Nutt gets in the hole 1-2...Jeff Green deals to Jeff Nutt...Nutt swings and misses...the ball gets away from the catcher and the runner Hauskey moves up to second (Nutt couldn't run to first on the play because 1B was occupied)

Hawgvillain

Now Aaron Murphree gets a chance with 2 down and a man on second...Green jumps ahead 0-2

Hawgvillain

The next pitch misses 1-2...Murphree watches strike 3 go by and the inning is over...0 runs 1 hit 0 errors...1 man left...midway through the eighth:
AR-16
Troy-2

Hawgvillain

During the last inning, Chuck was speculating that Seibert may not be in the rotation next weekend...with Dallas Keuchel the most likely candidate to replace him...Also, transitioning Jess Todd back to a starter is an option

I really had high expectations for Seibert this year - hopefully he can get it together...

Jess Todd will indeed pitch today...he is the new hurler for the Hogs

Hawgvillain

Todd is a righthanded JUCO transfer from Kilgore, TX...he attended JUCO at Navarro (Texas)

Hawgvillain

Todd strikes out Josh Dew on three pitches and there is 1 down

Hawgvillain

Chuck wont say who the next hitter is but it's full to him...

Hawgvillain

Todd strikes out this hitter...2 down

Hawgvillain

Todd has been dominant on the season so far and there's a good chance he may get a look in the rotation with Seibert's struggles...Todd was rated the 3rd best transfer player in the country before the year by BaseballAmerica...Duke Welker was rated 5th

Hawgvillain

Jeff Nutt did stay in to catch after pinch hitting for Brian Walker...Kevin Weidlich is the next batter...Todd jumps up on Weidlich 1-2...Todd strikes Weidlich out on a breaking ball and the inning is over...0 Runs 0 Hits 0 Errors...0 men left on as Todd strikes out the side...going to the top of the ninth:
AR-16
Troy-2

Hawgvillain

Jeff Green comes back out for Troy...he is facing Stephen Robison to start the ninth inning...

Hawgvillain

Green starts Robison with a slider and Robison swings and misses 0-1...the next pitch hits Robison...Troy pitchers have now allowed 14 free passes (8 walks and 6 hit batter)...Wayne Hrozek steps in for the Hogs

Hawgvillain

The first pitch misses...then Hrozek fouls off the second pitch 1-1...Hrozek hits it hard to third and the Trojans elect to force Robison at second...1 down

Hawgvillain

Logan Forsythe digs in now against Green and Forsythe watches strike one...

Hawgvillain

Forsythe watches another and he's quickly in a hole 0-2...the next pitch misses 1-2...Forsythe swings and misses and he's down on strikes...2 away

Hawgvillain

The next hitter for the Hogs is Tim Smalling...Smalling digs in against Green and Green gets ahead 0-1...Smalling then hits a dribbler to third and the inning is over...0 runs 1 hit 0 errors...1 man left (Hogs have left 11 total)...going to the bottom of the ninth:
AR-16
Troy-2

Hawgvillain

Todd starts off facing Josh Blackwell and he jumps ahead 0-2

Hawgvillain

The next pitch misses...then Todd comes with a slider and Blackwell can just watch it go by...1 down...Todd has now struck out all 4 batters he has faced