Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eibner traded

Started by pork in the whiskers, July 30, 2016, 03:13:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pork in the whiskers

Brett was traded to the A's for Billy Burns.

Kevin

Hopefully he will get a chance to play everyday
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Kevin on July 30, 2016, 04:07:10 pm
Hopefully he will get a chance to play everyday

If he is getting enough $, the Bay area is a nice place to be....then he can sign a HUGE contract 3 to 5  years down the road else where!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

JHicks3636

pigture perfect

Pretty much takes away my reason for rooting for the Missouri second string. Except my nephew works for them and he gets me tickets sometimes. Disappointed.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jackflash

I think Eibner can be a 20-20 guy in the major league if given a chance to play everyday. I hope he gets a chance here

cosmodrum

Loved seeing him finally have success, especially with my Royals. He just didnt have a spot on the field, and Morales is the better DH.

Hopefully, things work out in Oakland for him.
Go away, batin'

Dropkick

With the A's trading Reddick to LA I wonder if Eibner gets a chance to show what he's got.

JHicks3636

Not in tonight's A's starting line-up.

jvanhorn

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 30, 2016, 10:35:58 pm
Pretty much takes away my reason for rooting for the Missouri second string. Except my nephew works for them and he gets me tickets sometimes. Disappointed.

Yet another fine example of Cardinal arrogance and holyier than thou attitude

Dropkick

Looks like he is still in the minors. Not listed on the 25 man roster.

pigture perfect

Quote from: jvanhorn on August 02, 2016, 08:22:02 pm
Yet another fine example of Cardinal arrogance and holyier than thou attitude
lol, you got me. Even though KC is my 2nd favorite team.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

Quote from: Dropkick on August 02, 2016, 10:52:32 pm
Looks like he is still in the minors. Not listed on the 25 man roster.

He was sent to AAA Nashville.

89ALUM

I expect he'll be up on September 1st.  At his age, Brett has little to prove in AAA.  Either he's going to stick with the A's, or be playing in a different uniform next year.

I firmly believe he has the skill set to make a major league roster next year.   His slugging is steadily improving, and he's done a lot to cut down on his strikeouts at the AAA level.  And I don't think he's a negative defensively.

Oakland could be the perfect team for him to showcase his skills.  I'm excited to see what he can do with a month-long audition.  Hoping he stays healthy.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

ricepig

JHicks3636

Eibner will be playing right field and batting 7th tonight.

JHicks3636

August 05, 2016, 11:08:35 pm #16 Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:31:28 pm by JHicks3636
Eibner homers in the 6th after striking out in the 3rd. Ended the night 1-3.

89ALUM

Here's hoping the A's take a good, long look at Brett and he sticks with the big league club.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she