Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To all the Chavis haters

Started by checkraiser88, December 28, 2017, 07:49:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Quote from: 12247 on December 29, 2017, 09:58:02 am
Hawginbigd1, you are wrong.  I never wanted your boy Bret hired, didn't think he could be successful with his plans from day 1, and was, as it happened, TOTALLY CORRECT.  So I have wanted him removed for far more than 2 years. 

I am not squirming.  I have got enough sense to understand that if you take over a mentally raped team, who hasn't been coached in 6 years and is used to losing, your hands are full.  My choice for HC would have been Saban with Venables as the DC.  How unlikely is that?  I think we have a huge upgrade of Chad over Bret and I believe Chavis, if hired, would be an upgrade.  None of the above mentioned coaches would get us out of the crap hole, your boy, Bret, left us, in a year of 2.  But with effort, energy and giving a damn, its a start.
He is not my boy, didn't like the hire, knew he wouldn't win quickly, thought others could maybe. I got on the bus after seeing the roster was being built in the right way. Started heading for the exit after TCU and was off after aTm, i just liked the direction we were going until Mizzou on last year. This is equal or better talent wise roster than we have ever had, so a worthy coach should have a quick turnaround IMO.

HoggyCat

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 28, 2017, 07:49:59 pm
Question...Who actually wants to coach our defense next year? News flash, Morris likes to score FAST, that means the defense will be on the field more often than not. Chavis got some experience with that at A&M. I just don't see someone with a better resume actually wanting to coach this defense next year!

And their defense sucked too.  They let bert and that horrible Enos put 43 on them.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BR

Wake Forest has 38 in the 1st half.....
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: BR on December 29, 2017, 01:45:03 pm

Well...that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Buyers remorse anyone?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

King Kong

Christian Kirk is the best player in college football.

If he has gone somewhere else he would have been unstoppable

King Kong

Quote from: BR on December 29, 2017, 01:45:03 pm

We counting punt return for TD to prove our agendas now?

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: King Kong on December 29, 2017, 02:32:24 pm
We counting punt return for TD to prove our agendas now?

OK...31. Not getting any warmer, or fuzzier here.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Lady Razorback

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 28, 2017, 08:25:33 pm
While I do appreciate your attempt to support Chavis that may not have been the best method.

My reasoning for supporting Chavis is simple, someone convince me that there is a better candidate out there that can be proven to be "better" for Arkansas. Now, when I say candidate I don't mean a DC currently employed by a top 20 P5 school that has retained their Head Coach. I would not expect a sitting DC of a top 20 team to "be available" nor would very many other people.

If you want to throw out dreams then you can probably come up with a few names, but which guy has done the things that Chavis has already done? Which guy has the same credentials as Chavis? Which guy has the name recognition as Chavis? Which guy has as much experience defending SEC offenses as Chavis?

The simple FACT is that not one single person really KNOWS if Chavis will be successful here or not. By the same token not one single person KNOWS that ANY other possible hire would be successful or not. We can speculate, we can spout stats to support our own personal bias and we can wish, but we DO NOT KNOW!!!

I KNOW this, Chavis HAS fielded top rated defenses. I know that Chavis has the knowledge and experience to help Arkansas to field a solid defense. Our worry shouldn't be Chavis, our worry should be "will Morris allow him to practice his defense with the same vigor as the offense?" Too many times the "offensive gurus" hold the defense back a little to allow the offense to "get better."

I agree with you on this.

hawgon

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 28, 2017, 09:52:01 pm
#63. In total defense excites You?

#63 in total.defense = great fit for our program?

#63 in total.defense = best DC in the nation?

With 3.5 mil to spare we could have gotten anyone.

If we had been #63 in 2016, we would have probably won at least ten games.

lamont7906

I hate when defensive coordinator don't do nothing different, DB's getting torched why not mix in blitz packages give him something else to look at

LJHOG

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 28, 2017, 10:04:27 pm
If Chavis can get us around 30th in defense we will win a LOT of games,
Chavis couldn't put a defense on the field worth a bowel movement at LSU or aTm.  With our talent he won't put a top 75 D on field.

Kevin

this game gave them plenty of fuel
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

colbs

Quote from: LJHOG on December 29, 2017, 04:28:02 pm
Chavis couldn't put a defense on the field worth a bowel movement at LSU or aTm.  With our talent he won't put a top 75 D on field.
Yeah he did horrible at LSU fielding all of thisen top 10 defenses.  I think some of you just make up stuff and hope no one catches it.

rhog1

Quote from: Kevin on December 29, 2017, 04:43:56 pm
I am pretty sure the past several seasons have given people plenty of fuel against Chavis.

Hawginj

Quote from: colbs on December 29, 2017, 04:46:30 pm
Yeah he did horrible at LSU fielding all of thisen top 10 defenses.  I think some of you just make up stuff and hope no one catches it.
Yes he did great with Louisiana talent that was going to LSU reguardless of who the coach was, and at Tennessee who at the time was a powerhouse in the SEC. These are facts there is no denying it. Chavis is a very good coach but wherever has been going on at A&M he could not field a top defense with great talent better talent than he'll have at Arkansas for at least the next 3 years.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Kevin on December 29, 2017, 04:43:56 pm

You don't think interested parties have heard of Chavis and followed his career?  I bet most have known who he is at least since Tennessee.  Your probably the only johnny come lately to the show. 

SPAL

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 28, 2017, 09:52:01 pm
#63. In total defense excites You?

#63 in total.defense = great fit for our program?

#63 in total.defense = best DC in the nation?

With 3.5 mil to spare we could have gotten anyone.

That's dramatically better than what we had....so yes, being in the 60's is exciting. Absolutely

Wildhog

I do think that the last six years pretty much decimated our program.  I’m not a big Chavis fan, but we could do a lot worse.

He at least brings name recognition if nothing else.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BR

Quote from: Wildhog on December 29, 2017, 07:48:52 pm
I do think that the last six years pretty much decimated our program.  I'm not a big Chavis fan, but we could do a lot worse.

He at least brings name recognition if nothing else.
I agree with this...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hogsfan1981

I guess we will all find out if the old man has any gas left in the tank. Good luck! You are going to need it. At 61 he will be facing one of his more difficult recruiting challenges.

Sounds like he was leaning toward retirement but he could not resist the money. Rumor is he is bringing some hand picked staff and old time friends with him. Seems like we are bending over backwards just to get him on campus.

Let us hope he and his friends are not coming here for one last paycheck before retiring. I hope they still have some fire left.