Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What’s mike Irwin been saying?

Started by JJHog, October 26, 2017, 06:39:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodrow hog call

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 04:47:36 pm
Indeed...and his good friend Steve Goodman wrote that song....and after that last verse, it was the perfect country & Western song........

Coe is one of the 5 greatest songwriters of all time...and it is a shame he isn't in the country music Hall of Fame....

He has always been the rhinestone cowboy no matter what Glen Campbell had to say.

PRJ

"When I was a young Dallas Cowboy" is a great song that never got it's due, along with a lot more of his stuff.

Nashville was not ready for someone like him at the time, now it would be different. He did some great stuff.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 27, 2017, 04:52:34 pm
"When I was a young Dallas Cowboy" is a great song that never got it's due, along with a lot more of his stuff.

Nashville was not ready for someone like him at the time, now it would be different. He did some great stuff.

That whole album was unreal. Revenge, Spotlight and several others. Great album. They don't put albums out like that today.

PRJ

Ex-Trumpet

Y'all have derailed this thread.  It's supposed to be about bashing Mike Irwin!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Big Boi

CBB can see his reign as head hog will end next year at the latest.  If he has the chance to jump to another job between now and then he'll take it. I have no idea if he will be let go after this year but EVERYONE can see CBB is not the man for this job.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Big Boi on October 27, 2017, 04:57:59 pm
CBB can see his reign as head hog will end next year at the latest.  If he has the chance to jump to another job between now and then he'll take it. I have no idea if he will be let go after this year but EVERYONE can see CBB is not the man for this job.

I think this is what is perplexing...everyone can see he's not the man for the job but there is a chance he will be back for 2018?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 27, 2017, 04:55:22 pm
Y'all have derailed this thread.  It's supposed to be about bashing Mike Irwin!!

Well...this thread isn't going to end well for the bashers....so we might as well discuss the Mysterious Rhinestone Cowboy......and Waylon Jennings.

I am a Waylon freak...thought I had everything he has ever done....came across a song the other day called Six Strings Away. It is a great song.

Look it up. Waylon can make you feel good at any moment.

PRJ

woodrow hog call

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 04:59:45 pm
Well...this thread isn't going to end well for the bashers....so we might as well discuss the Mysterious Rhinestone Cowboy......and Waylon Jennings.

I am a Waylon freak...thought I had everything he has ever done....came across a song the other day called Six Strings Away. It is a great song.

Look it up. Waylon can make you feel good at any moment.

PRJ

I will have to look that one up, I thought I had heard all of his stuff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZp0_BNzTVg&list=RDdZp0_BNzTVg&t=41

For those that think it's about football it's not, give it a listen.

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 04:47:36 pm
Indeed...and his good friend Steve Goodman wrote that song....and after that last verse, it was the perfect country & Western song........

Coe is one of the 5 greatest songwriters of all time...and it is a shame he isn't in the country music Hall of Fame....

He has always been the rhinestone cowboy no matter what Glen Campbell had to say.

PRJ

Yeah, I remember seeing him after his Nothing Sacred album came out, between Zorro, Bowley and Wilson, and David Allan Coe, one could get lots of off color music that was hilarious and usually pretty good from the musician aspect.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2017, 05:09:18 pm
Yeah, I remember seeing him after his Nothing Sacred album came out, between Zorro, Bowley and Wilson, and David Allan Coe, one could get lots of off color music that was hilarious and usually pretty good from the musician aspect.

Those off colored records, while I haven't listened to them since I was about 20 except when he has broken some of them out when I have seen him live, anyway, that band was as good as it gets. They were tight. But everything that Warren Haynes plays on is unreal.

PRJ

woodrow hog call

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2017, 05:09:18 pm

I don't know if he really killed a man in prison, but he nearly killed one in Poteau one night, DAC had one arm in a sling like it was broken or something, so he is using a tambourine instead of a guitar and some drunk kept trying to climb up on the stage. Finally DAC has had enough and he hit that drunk right in the forehead with that tambourine, sent him flying back into the crowd.

Yeah he was ahead of his time with off color and vulgar stuff too.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 27, 2017, 05:02:13 pm
I will have to look that one up, I thought I had heard all of his stuff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZp0_BNzTVg&list=RDdZp0_BNzTVg&t=41

For those that think it's about football it's not, give it a listen.

Shooter actually produced a record for a band called Hellbound Glory which is basically Leroy Virgil Bowers and some dudes he picks up at Hobo camps. I have known Leroy for a long time and he actually covers Six Strings Away. Got the record given to me last week and it is a great song.

PRJ

snoblind

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 04:28:02 pm
It's mom...mom got out of prison. And he went to pick her up in the rain.

If we are gonna quote Dave Coe, we got to get it right.

Thank Yee

PRJ

Dammit.  I looked at that twice, knew something wasn't right.  Even went back in to edit and still didn't change it.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 05:16:12 pm
Shooter actually produced a record for a band called Hellbound Glory which is basically Leroy Virgil Bowers and some dudes he picks up at Hobo camps. I have known Leroy for a long time and he actually covers Six Strings Away. Got the record given to me last week and it is a great song.

PRJ
Just listened to that one, pretty awesome, "A Long Time Ago" is probably my favorite of his now, and I hadn't heard it until a few years ago.

We could change it up a little to "Six Wins Away", I've already got one record deal going today maybe this could be on flip side.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 27, 2017, 05:16:06 pm
I don't know if really killed a man in prison, but he nearly killed one in Poteau one night, DAC had one arm in a sling like it was broken or something, so he is using a tambourine instead of a guitar and some drunk kept trying to climb up on the stage. Finally DAC has had enough and he hit that drunk right in the forehead with that tambourine, sent him flying back into the crowd.

Yeah he was ahead of his time with off color and vulgar stuff too.

I saw him one night in Ft. Campbell Kentucky and they were trying to make this a high end club...put tables  right up against the stage. This dude is talking loud as hell thru about 5 songs. Coe had been staring the stink eye at the dude and finally he starts easing over that way....and all of a sudden he takes his boot and shoves that ole boy between the wall and the table...right on his neck. Dude didn't speak the rest of the night....

Dave carries a gun in his back pocket every show. This little fold up .22. I don't think he is afraid to use it.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 27, 2017, 05:20:06 pm
Just listened to that one, pretty awesome, "A Long Time Ago" is probably my favorite of his now, and I hadn't heard it until a few years ago.

We could change it up a little to "Six Wins Away", I've already got one record deal going today maybe this could be on flip side.

LMAO...I have thought of 6 wins away also.

Check out Hellbound Glory...you might dig em.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

WaltonCollege

I like Mike Irwin he's a good listen before games he actually knows Arkansas Football

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 27, 2017, 05:42:08 pm
I like Mike Irwin he's a good listen before games he actually knows Arkansas Football

And???? What do you think of David Allan Coe? Important issues brotha....

PRJ

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 05:44:09 pm
And???? What do you think of David Allan Coe? Important issues brotha....

PRJ

A good friend of mine's dad gave him a ride one time.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 27, 2017, 05:54:45 pm

I see what you did there, tell Bocephus hello for me.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hoglady on October 26, 2017, 10:11:32 pm
We're a bad team - so of course most teams are better than us and we're losing to them.
That's the point - WE ARE BAD.

So we need to find a coach who can field a team that's not so bad.
A team that's better prepared, better coached, mentally tougher, utilizes the available talent better and schemes better.

Sounds like the job description of a coach.  BB is not one
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Athog

Quote from: tusked on October 26, 2017, 10:16:51 pm
Guys don't be so nervous, BB is gone.  They, AR media (an oxymoron) don't have a clue as to what's going on. 

In Porkatarian HV must trust.

You are a suck ***!!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 27, 2017, 05:54:45 pm

Well....I am good buddy's with your friends son.....

Tell him to quit running around with Kid Rock.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

We have a good discussion going and it is killed....

But a dude starts a thread bashing Mike Irwin and it's left up until me and Rice and Woodrow and Dark Helmet get a discussion going that actually will go some where....

PRJ

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 06:04:45 pm
Well....I am good buddy's with your friends son.....

Tell him to quit running around with Kid Rock.

PRJ

I'm tellin ya. Only God knows why....

porkrindjimmy

Jack The BN

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 27, 2017, 04:55:22 pm

Yeah, Mike Irwin once punched a goat. How can country music singers compare to that?
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

hogcard1964

Quote from: Big Boi on October 27, 2017, 04:57:59 pm

He needs to do what Strong did and head to a smaller school.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 27, 2017, 05:16:12 pm

PRJ

I've heard Gchamblee used to patrol that hobo area, but not for the reason you might be thinking

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on October 27, 2017, 08:30:54 pm
I've heard Gchamblee used to patrol that hobo area, but not for the reason you might be thinking

Are you saying he is a steel player?

PRJ

St. Hogustine

The phrase "Requiem for a Harlequin" seems appropriate about now...

DeltaBoy

Watch the games and relax; Changes are coming.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.