Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rickey Scott

Started by JackJohnson, March 01, 2014, 03:50:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

Has played well but why not bring in another shooter/scorer for that last possession??!!

Still a great first half overall and an outstanding finish after trailing by 7.  Keep it up one half to go!

trashcan maN

Very quality minutes from Rickey. Glad to see him get a little PT

Atlhogfan1

At most he should have been the distributor in that scenario.  But it was like playing 4 on 5 almost.  I don't get it.  But we have a lead in spite of UGa shooting over 60%.  Looks like a win. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

litmachog

I like what he offers on the floor, outside of scoring, but I sure wish he could learn how to shoot free throws.  He has got to be less than 50% for the season.

Hogwildtwo

This is what I love about Richardson/Anderson teams. They are never afraid to put anybody in anytime all year long !!!! And that eventually pays dividends.. Ky was forcing things he needed to sit. Like Nolan teams of old here's a guy fresh off the bench hasn't played much all year and he contributes. Mike inherited Nolans genius.  :razorback:

onebadrubi

Rickey Scott does a good job pushing the game speed up, but the guy has to make his free throws.  If he was a 80% free throw shooter or close he'd play 10-12 minutes a game. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: litmachog on March 01, 2014, 03:57:36 pm
I like what he offers on the floor, outside of scoring, but I sure wish he could learn how to shoot free throws.  He has got to be less than 50% for the season.

48%

2-10 from 3 now too. 

Mike is like Nolan.  He gets a sense a player is going to contribute and goes on feel sometimes.  Something in practice or a matchup in this game has Mike playing him.  Not sure why he was in the last possession except he usually doesn't hurt us with a turnover or stupid offensive play.  He made a smart play. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on March 01, 2014, 03:50:56 pm
Has played well but why not bring in another shooter/scorer for that last possession??!!

Still a great first half overall and an outstanding finish after trailing by 7.  Keep it up one half to go!

Yep, I figured with the timeout called, he'd put Kikko or Madden in.

hoglady

He drained a badly needed 3 pointer a few minutes earlier.
I'm sure Anderson didn't tell him to drive the lane, get fouled, miss the shot and then miss your 2 free throws.
Scott was probably in there because he passes well and it looked like he had his shooting stroke today.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TMc

His free throw shots looked pretty bad. 

AWHAWG

Quote from: JackJohnson on March 01, 2014, 03:50:56 pm

if he could hit free
Throws
Man!