Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Kelley

Started by Hog_Fink, November 19, 2017, 06:04:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog_Fink

this may be unpopular, but look at the success Gus has had out of high school with innovative strategies.

I think we oughtta go out on a limb & bring in Kevin Kelley from Pulaski academy.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

I'd love to see him get a shot at a group of 5 or fcs school. I think he would have to prove his offense would work at that level before he would get any Power 5 consideration. I absolutely think it could work, it's just a hard sell to any big school. First time he went for it on 4th and 15 from his 20, the fans would go nuts.

I would like to see him as head coach at a smaller college, or on the staff at Arkansas. He's never recruited, never put a college staff together, etc., to start out as a P5 head coach. Not even Gus did that.

Hawg Life

Quote from: galactivation on November 19, 2017, 06:04:48 pm
this may be unpopular, but look at the success Gus has had out of high school with innovative strategies.

I think we oughtta go out on a limb & bring in Kevin Kelley from Pulaski academy.

Anyone else >>>>>> Gus!!!

Hog_Fink

we aren't going to out Bama... Bama..
need to onside kick every time. best chance we got.

and who needs to recruit when we could just get all the Pulaski academy kids

JaketheSnake

His crap won't work at the college level.  His play calling and coaching may be sound and he could potentially be successful in college with that, but his special teams crap is just that... crap.  Works great against inferior competition.

Torqued pork

I worry about our wonderful little state.

SultanofSwine

I thought he was considered a good recruiter?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: SultanofSwine on November 19, 2017, 07:35:34 pm
I thought he was considered a good recruiter?
he is, but it's Little Rock... they don't produce enough D1 talent.

Piggie

I say if we get burned and run out of decent options such as having to hire Skip Holtz or a coaching comrade of his ilk, we should just throw it all out on the line and hire Kelley for a one year contract and see what happens. It probably wouldn't be any worse that John L. or CBB. Let Kelley give it the ole' college try.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

ballinhog

I would love see the new coach hire Kelley to coach a position on offense as well as special teams coordinator.

PigInTheHole

wouldn't need a punter, so there's that
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Piggie on November 19, 2017, 08:48:34 pm
I say if we get burned and run out of decent options such as having to hire Skip Holtz or a coaching comrade of his ilk, we should just throw it all out on the line and hire Kelley for a one year contract and see what happens. It probably wouldn't be any worse that John L. or CBB. Let Kelley give it the ole' college try.

Uh, sure. That's brilliant, Einstein.

Recruits would be lining up to sign with a high school coach with a one year contract!

I can't stand Gus, but I'd be 100% behind him over this idea.

Piggie

Quote from: RazorWhacker on November 19, 2017, 09:23:05 pm
Uh, sure. That's brilliant, Einstein.

Recruits would be lining up to sign with a high school coach with a one year contract!

I can't stand Gus, but I'd be 100% behind him over this idea.

What???? A Hogvillian with no sense of humor? My goodness! Oh, thanks for the compliment, Forest. ;)
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!