Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking recommendation

Started by woopigdallas, November 10, 2017, 07:47:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woopigdallas

I have season tickets but no basketball parking pass. Where is the closest place to park for the games? Don't mind paying to park just did not know where is the closest place to Bud Walton? Thanks

Pinto

Quote from: woopigdallas on November 10, 2017, 07:47:20 am
I have season tickets but no basketball parking pass. Where is the closest place to park for the games? Don't mind paying to park just did not know where is the closest place to Bud Walton? Thanks

Probably FHS or one of the new lots west of Razorback Rd

SPAL

Park at one of the private houses behind the arena. It usually costs like 10 bucks but it's about 500 yards to the door and it's easy to get in and out.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 10, 2017, 08:34:02 am
Park at one of the private houses behind the arena. It usually costs like 10 bucks but it's about 500 yards to the door and it's easy to get in and out.
I agree
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Pinto

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 10, 2017, 08:34:02 am

I thought they knocked those down

SPAL

Quote from: Pinto on November 10, 2017, 08:47:55 am
I thought they knocked those down

They hadn't when I was there last year.

Pinto

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 10, 2017, 09:01:09 am
They hadn't when I was there last year.

Well you're in for a rude awakening lol. 90% sure they tore down those houses and put a roundabout there smh

SPAL

Quote from: Pinto on November 10, 2017, 09:02:34 am
Well you're in for a rude awakening lol. 90% sure they tore down those houses and put a roundabout there smh

Then that's unfortunate. You're probably right.

hogcam

Quote from: Pinto on November 10, 2017, 09:02:34 am
There is a roundabout, but it's further towards the soccer field than the houses they are talking about. Park at the houses.

Pinto

Quote from: hogcam on November 10, 2017, 01:01:10 pm
There is a roundabout, but it's further towards the soccer field than the houses they are talking about. Park at the houses.

Pretty sure there are two roundabouts. I was trying to park at those houses last exhibition game but had to park at FHS

hogcam

Quote from: Pinto on November 10, 2017, 01:24:25 pm

Pretty sure there are two roundabouts. I was trying to park at those houses last exhibition game but had to park at FHS
I apologize then. I may be wrong. There are a bunch of houses in that direction that have always had parking and I can't imagine them all being torn down, but have not been through there since last year.

Pinto

Quote from: hogcam on November 10, 2017, 01:38:57 pm
I apologize then. I may be wrong. There are a bunch of houses in that direction that have always had parking and I can't imagine them all being torn down, but have not been through there since last year.

I might have overlooked them because i was in a rush last game but there isn't a 4 way stop right there at that by pomfret where those homes used to be. A lot of changes happening quickly on campus

Dwight_K_Shrute

FHS is about as close as the houses.  I parked there for the first exhibition game and it was free.  Not sure if it's going to be free tonight but very easy to get in and out of as well. 

Also, although it's too late for tonight's game, they do have parking passes on Stub Hub.  I ordered mine Wednesday and got it on Thursday.  It was about $10 including all the fees but it's closer than the houses, and I know where I'm going to be able to park in advance.  You can see the various lots on the site before you buy so you know exactly where you will be.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pinto

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 10, 2017, 02:36:10 pm
FHS is about as close as the houses.  I parked there for the first exhibition game and it was free.  Not sure if it's going to be free tonight but very easy to get in and out of as well. 

Also, although it's too late for tonight's game, they do have parking passes on Stub Hub.  I ordered mine Wednesday and got it on Thursday.  It was about $10 including all the fees but it's closer than the houses, and I know where I'm going to be able to park in advance.  You can see the various lots on the site before you buy so you know exactly where you will be.

Oh wow i didn't know you could get parking passes on stub hub. Thanks

factchecker

Here is a parking map:

non-priority lots are free - stadium drive parking deck is not too far of a walk.

The private parking across from the Bud (the houses) are gone.  They were torn down and they are currently preparing to build dorms in their place.

There are two new round-a-bouts as well.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pinto

Quote from: factchecker on November 10, 2017, 03:49:37 pm
Here is a parking map:

non-priority lots are free - stadium drive parking deck is not too far of a walk.

The private parking across from the Bud (the houses) are gone.  They were torn down and they are currently preparing to build dorms in their place.

There are two new round-a-bouts as well.

Thanks. I knew i wasn't going crazy lol. 73A is the lot i was referring to that is west of Razorback Rd. Not a bad walk to the arena at all