Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Positive to Negative Hog Fan

Started by Razorback7, October 23, 2017, 07:38:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback7

October 23, 2017, 07:38:47 pm Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:55:45 pm by Razorback7
I have never been this disappointed in a Razorback team. I have sat through some bad seasons but you at least saw some sort of improvement toward the end of the year. I see nothing. Absolutely no improvement. I have always tried to stay positive but this year has changed me. Yes! I am negative. Yes! I am upset. No! I will not buy or donate to that program until they correct the problems.
Now, I would like to hear about the possibility that we continue to lose and lose to the point that we all start to believe that we need to go to the Big 12. The spin from the hill would start with whispers of rumors to test the waters of the fan base. What do you think will happen? Would this be possible? I hope not, but I still believe something is up with seeing zero improvement from the players and coaches. It really bothers me to the core. Hell, even Danny Ford's last team was showing greatness at the end.

One last thing, Enos has to go. We didn't start this spiral until he got here. One word. TOLEDO! Don't get me wrong I blame B.B. for allowing it and it falls on him but Enos is not the guy we need.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Razorback7 on October 23, 2017, 07:38:47 pm
I have never been this disappointed in a Razorback team. I have sat through some bad seasons but you at least saw some sort of improvement toward the end of the year. I see nothing. Absolutely no improvement. I have always tried to stay positive but this year has changed me. Yes! I am negative. Yes! I am upset. No! I will not buy or donate to that program until they correct the problems.
Now, I would like to hear about the possibility that we continue to lose and lose to the point that we all start to believe that we need to go to the Big 12. The spin from the hill would start with whispers of rumors to test the waters of the fan base. What do you think will happen? Would this be possible? I hope not, but I still believe something is up with seeing zero improvement from the players and coaches. It really bothers me to the core. Hell, even Danny Ford's last team was showing greatness at the end.

One last thing, Enos has to go. We didn't start this spiral until he got here. One word. TOLEDO! Don't get me wrong I blame B.B. for allowing it and it falls on him but Enos is not the guy we need.
So you want to put the lion's share on this crapola on Enos? Sorry, while Enos may be the OC, I don't believe he's directly responsible for the most glaring problem with the offense which happens to reside with the OL. You can't block for runs and you can't protect your QB. 'Fraid that doesn't leave an OC, and I mean ANY OC, a lot of options now does it ??? ::)

factchecker

Quote from: Razorback7 on October 23, 2017, 07:38:47 pm
One word. TOLEDO!

We threw for 412 yards against Toledo.

If Brandon doesn't airmail to ball into the goalpost we win that game.

Enos isn't free from blame but we did enough to win that game offensively.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorback7

I was never a Enos fan and never will be. Something telling happened with The Toledo game. If not Enos then what? We sold out on our identity and went with something that does not work and this is where we are now.

factchecker

Quote from: Razorback7 on October 23, 2017, 08:51:02 pm
Something telling happened with The Toledo game.

The ball hit the uprights instead of hitting Hunter's hands.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

island hog

the offense we saw in the Aggie game was the type we should be running.  I realize that it changes week to week by who we're playing but tight end screens, jet sweeps, steamboat with passing, etc. opened up the offense where the Ag defense was on their heels for some of the game.  I like Enos and would like to see what he could do with a decent Oline. 

Razorback7

It should have never come down to hitting the uprights! He had an Oline back then so what was the problem? He has had time to recruit. Where are they? I will not be satisfied with him as OC.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Razorback7 on October 23, 2017, 08:51:02 pm
I was never a Enos fan and never will be. Something telling happened with The Toledo game. If not Enos then what? We sold out on our identity and went with something that does not work and this is where we are now.

Enos is Enos. CBB wanted smash mouth football then hired this guy. It's not Enos' fault for trying to run the offense he has always run on a team that was suppose to be built for CBBs offense. I don't blame Enos for the missing identity. I love his offense and glad we brought him in but it was a real head scratcher when he was hired as his philosophy did not mesh with CBBs.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

ballz2thewall

it's cbb. not enos. the same criticisms fired at enos were lodged against cheney.

and i disagree about that identity. we never had it. it was phony for the most part. johnathan williams was the only reason we were ever able to call ourselves a ground team.  despite him, we weren't.

and back to the point; it's cbb.
The rest of the frog.

Razorback7

I agree CBB is the one to point at. There is no doubt that this is his fault. They all must go!