Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is what we get for hiring a CEO "manager" of assistant coaches as HC.

Started by PLHawg, October 23, 2017, 12:41:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PLHawg

Seriously, if CBB had to coach a position group right now what would it be?  Seems to me he's been good for cute sound bites, funny PC's, flip-flops & reggae music, etc.  How would he actually function if he had to be a position coach?

hogsanity

Quote from: PLHawg on October 23, 2017, 12:41:47 pm
Seriously, if CBB had to coach a position group right now what would it be?  Seems to me he's been good for cute sound bites, funny PC's, flip-flops & reggae music, etc.  How would he actually function if he had to be a position coach?

So lets see, we hated HDN because he would not let the OC call the game, but now we hate BB because he is too hands off?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PLHawg on October 23, 2017, 12:41:47 pm
Whatever the style one uses it's still predicated on the assumption that the CEO truly knows what the heck he's doing.

King Kong

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 12:55:45 pm
So lets see, we hated HDN because he would not let the OC call the game, but now we hate BB because he is too hands off?
No its because he brings nothing to the team.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PLHawg

My point is what is his supposed specialty?  Is it offensive line?  Defensive line?  If, as a head coach you see your "specialty area" failing on a spectacular scale, as a HC would you not step in to address the problem?  The "hands off" approach is fine when things are going as they should but there comes a time when you have to step out of the CEO role and get down and dirty in the trenches which seems obvious he isn't doing.

Beaverfever

ballz2thewall

it is a fair question.

the proof is in the pudding. there are those that can effectively delegate and those that have issues when problems arise. it is all relative; player talent & assistant coaching talent.

how it works together is up to the ceo to make it synchronize.
The rest of the frog.

East TN HAWG

I think the CEO type coach is fine as long as CBB is good at hiring.  I would say that CBB does not have a good track record hiring Asst coaches here. 

greenEGnHAWGS

I'm really confused by these threads, because I just read people chew his ass cuz he takes the reigns from Enos on offense, then threads like this pop up upset cuz he's a CEO coach that is too hands off of everything.

Honestly, I don't know which he is, but can someone please give some actual evidence or facts that he is one or the other please?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

The OTR

CEO.  What a joke.

If anyone has earned being a CEO it's Saban. And I guarantee you he would laugh at the idea of a college head coach being a CEO. 

Ready to hear what Mike Irwin has to say about things.

BallHog1

You took the words our out of my mouth.
Winning fixes all of this but we aren't winning. We complain about the coach that isn't winning.
If either HDN or BB were winning, we'd all be fine with his "style". Has nothing to do with style. Has to do with winning.

LAGNAF

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 23, 2017, 03:24:15 pm
CEO.  What a joke.

If anyone has earned being a CEO it's Saban. And I guarantee you he would laugh at the idea of a college head coach being a CEO. 

Frank Broyles

Bear Bryant

There's two CEO type head coaches for you.

You can be many types of coach and be successful, you just have to be damn good at the path you choose.

BallHog1

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 23, 2017, 03:24:15 pm
CEO.  What a joke.

I thought we all agreed that you were going to leave for the season. WE were all so looking forward to that.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: LAGNAF on October 23, 2017, 03:29:10 pm
Frank Broyles

Bear Bryant

You can be many types of coach and be successful, you just have to be damn good at the path you choose.
The difference is that they could hire excellent talent.  Wilson Matthews vs Kurt Anderson

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on October 23, 2017, 03:29:36 pm
I thought we all agreed that you were going to leave for the season. WE were all so looking forward to that.

I just boycotted Saturday.  I can't stay away...this place is like gas station pickled eggs and spicy pork rinds. Can't stay away from them or Hogville even though I know all three are slowly but surely killing me just a little bit every day. 

This should be everyone's signature line by the way.  It's killing us all.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on October 23, 2017, 01:07:13 pm
Fulmer was very successful as a CEO HC
he got tarred, feathered, and ran out of town on a rail. Fat Phil sucked.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

JaketheSnake

A winning coach is a winning coach.  Doesn't matter if he coaches every single position by himself or if he sits in his office and let's the assistants run practice. 

The OTR

Quote from: LAGNAF on October 23, 2017, 03:29:10 pm
Frank Broyles

Bear Bryant

I'd say those two would also strike fear in any player or coach when they wanted to and I'm sure they did.

Bretttt (this is the only way his name hasn't been spelled I think) doesn't have that same aura or presence.  And if they were CEO types they earned the right to be that by being hands on earlier in their careers and mastering coaching at almost every level.

King Kong

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 23, 2017, 05:47:24 pm

They regret it now. Take this into consideration Butch Jones has lost 27 SEC games in 5 years. Phil won 81 SEC games before his 27 loss.

hotdog hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 23, 2017, 05:47:24 pm
you say that but history shows what happened after he was tarred and feathered. Be careful what you wish for.

bkjbearcat

No I personally hate BB because he doesn't recruit well, is an oaf and doesn't win.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 23, 2017, 01:07:58 pm
No its because he brings nothing to the team.

This is incorrect he brings tears to almost every press conference as well as a bag full of excuses. Like 'most everything we did wrong is correctable', but then never corrects anything.