Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cbb to get year 6

Started by Kevin, October 23, 2017, 12:13:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 23, 2017, 01:05:49 pm
Too late. Long acquiesced when given the ultimatum.

If Long was given a choice then the firings need to move on up the ladder.

micali

I love the Razorbacks but if Bret is allowed to field another team next year I will have to continue watching until my BP can't take anymore.  I won't be happy and will be vocal about it but I have to root for the HOGS.  What makes me really sad is for the players.  I can't imagine what it's like to be the stomping boy every weekend.  I believe if we don't win another game JL has to let him go or the $h!t storm that will occur with this program will be epic.  I'd imagine the loss of revenue could be to much for old Jeff to survive.   

Hogindasticks

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:04:53 pm
I wouldn't have a problem with Enos taking over for the last 5 games. If it works out positively, I'd be all up for giving Enos a two year deal as HC.

ENOS is the worst play caller I have ever seen...this is one of the reasons BB is having issues.....

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:04:53 pm
I wouldn't have a problem with Enos taking over for the last 5 games. If it works out positively, I'd be all up for giving Enos a two year deal as HC.

See kids, this is why you shouldn't drink and poast.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

cjack

Who really knows which one is calling plays and when. The pro-Bielema folks blame the offense on Enos. The anti-Bielema guys blame CBB for stepping in at every wrong moment.

I would like to see Enos as interim so we can really see what kind of game he calls.   I'm not sold on him, but I don't want him thrown out today like I do with BB
Woooo Pig Soooie!

island hog

Quote from: Sundog on October 23, 2017, 06:56:47 pm
Listen, I hope you're right. I really do.  However, In Sept. Long publicly announced his 100% continued support for Bert.  Since you are speculating, allow me to speculate.  For all we know Long has given Bert his word that he has another year.  Maybe the BoT has as well.  What I know is that Long's reputation is of paramount importance to him.  Not what you, I or the average knuckle-dragging hogvillian wants; but his peers and constituents nationally think.  Long will do what makes HIM look best based on HIS world.  Granted, Bert has indeed so severely shyte the bed beyond even the depths of pitifullness a reasonable person looks at that PERHAPS, just PERHAPS the fire Bert card (at season's end) might be in LONG'S best interests.
Why do you say that about Long?  I think what's in UA's best interest has always seemed to be what Long has represented and promoted. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: cjack on October 23, 2017, 08:22:08 pm
Who really knows which one is calling plays and when. The pro-Bielema folks blame the offense on Enos. The anti-Bielema guys blame CBB for stepping in at every wrong moment.

I would like to see Enos as interim so we can really see what kind of game he calls.   I'm not sold on him, but I don't want him thrown out today like I do with BB

Hey man, I think Enos is a good guy. CBB too. Let's not play the interim game though. All that does is create an additional potential scenario that isn't needed.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

HawgPound

Quote from: Sundog on October 23, 2017, 12:28:39 pm
Year 6 was always going to happen. This is just an added twist to justify what was always the case.
I have felt this way because of the way they buyout worked. I thought Long was in it for six years no matter what. However, Bielema has completely lost the fan base and I do not think he can get it back. Long will probably have to make the move.

island hog

As I look back through Coach B's tenure, I think that there has been disharmony amongst his staff that has kept the team from progressing.  Of course there has been turnover but I wonder, without any evidence to back this opinion up, whether there just hasn't been much staff chemistry... Enos philosophy vs Pittman, Rhoads working in a def scheme that put his DBs at the mercy of virtually every opposing QB / OC, etc.  This year, I think that bringing in Anderson, with a much more technical skill set to the Oline, has worked against what Enos has wanted to do as our QBs have sore chins after every game.  I wouldn't be surprised if trying to get the coaches to work together each week behind the scenes, is taking the fun out the game for the players and for Coach B.  Again, I have nothing to base this on other than my own gut feeling ... I think he is unhappy and feels like he's let the players down.  I have been a proponent of his since day one and sitting in NRG watching the Hogs demolish the horns, I thought that we were on our way.  Good luck to Coach B. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 23, 2017, 08:34:39 pm
Hey man, I think Enos is a good guy. CBB too. Let's not play the interim game though. All that does is create an additional potential scenario that isn't needed.

Agreed, nothing could be worse right now than firing CBB and seeing CR or CE finish 4 - 0 with only one of those teams any good and some goober thinking they need a Coach O kind of deal.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Im a CBB supporter. Even now...  Just thought it was important to point that out because it immediately gets everyone all lathered up.  CAUTION:  optimism and sarcasm to follow. 

We have 5 games left, 3 against teams with losing records.  I think we we will get those 3. (I really do and if you are honest you know that those 2 SEC opponents are no better than us). Im hopeful that we could play tough against the other 2 but not holding my breath.  I would be thrilled if we got one but thats looking more unlikely.  Either way, at 5 or 6 wins theres a reasonable chance we go to a 4th consecutive bowl game.  That will make things really interesting for the administration and silly fun on this site.

Either way I'll look at this entire CBB period as mediocre, and lets face thats where we have been most of my life, so you haters should calm down (your color will be better).  Afterall, this isnt the SWC where you got to kick around Baylor and Rice.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 23, 2017, 09:23:06 pm
Im a CBB supporter. Even now...  Just thought it was important to point that out because it immediately gets everyone all lathered up.  CAUTION:  optimism and sarcasm to follow. 

We have 5 games left, 3 against teams with losing records.  I think we we will get those 3. (I really do and if you are honest you know that those 2 SEC opponents are no better than us). Im hopeful that we could play tough against the other 2 but not holding my breath.  I would be thrilled if we got one but thats looking more unlikely.  Either way, at 5 or 6 wins theres a reasonable chance we go to a 4th consecutive bowl game.  That will make things really interesting for the administration and silly fun on this site.

Either way I'll look at this entire CBB period as mediocre, and lets face thats where we have been most of my life, so you haters should calm down (your color will be better).  Afterall, this isnt the SWC where you got to kick around Baylor and Rice.

10-27 in the SEC is not mediocre.

jst01

You guys have been here after every loss telling us how "we can still beat the crappy teams...maybe...hopefully..".  Grow some balls and have some pride and admit you were wrong to believe this coach was going to get it done. Either way, we'll see you in a month so you can tell us how it's still possible to get a win in conference play if we can beat Mizzu.

rtr

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 23, 2017, 08:17:41 pm
See kids, this is why you shouldn’t drink and poast.
I wish we could resurrect the apparition in your avatar.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Justagp

Kevin, say it's not so! I just don't think I can deal with this any longer. I live in Memphis with a bunch of Alabama friends who just don't get it, and those from TN who are all about whoa is me - I am sorry but we are just as bad as TN and no one seems to acknowledge this. Why is it okay for TN to fire their coach, but we should live with ours though 2018?

Justagp

cjack

Mediocre implies average and Bielema needs 17 consecutive SEC wins to get to .500 , 17 straight!

When Nutt was let go, his average was above .500.  Nutt was mediocre.  CBB needs over two straight undefeated SEC seasons to climb to mediocre.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 23, 2017, 09:37:44 pm

Agree thats a poor SEC record, I was really referencing the overall record.  But since you brought it up, im pretty sure we werent above 500 in SEC play before Bielema got here.  I would need to fact check that.  I think last time i looked it up we had something like 9 losing seasons since joining the sec.  Another 4 or 5, that were 6-7 wins.  In other words, we have been bad as much as we have been good, CBB fits that narrative.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 23, 2017, 06:20:03 pm
I've been saying it takes 4 wins for Long to bring him back.  That might not longer hold true.  And I can't see him getting to 5.

I'll be shocked if we get to 4. I don't think we can win 5. If we lose to Coastal Carolina (and I don't think we will), then that should be Bielema's Citadel.

I'm not comfortable about Ole Miss and Mizzou might just be getting it together. I know they played an awful team Saturday, but they absolutely annihilated them. It's the kind of win that will have them believing. 3-9 is looking very possible.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: jst01 on October 23, 2017, 09:43:23 pm
You guys have been here after every loss telling us how "we can still beat the crappy teams...maybe...hopefully..".  Grow some balls and have some pride and admit you were wrong to believe this coach was going to get it done. Either way, we'll see you in a month so you can tell us how it's still possible to get a win in conference play if we can beat Mizzu.

Ahh an expert, crystal ball no less.   Before I start, just wanted to mention that Im not part of a club, there's no "you guys".  Second, I dont have any problem saying CBB hasnt lived up to my expectations.  But ill support him just like Ill support the next guy.  Third, you clearly have some pent up anger, but responding that way just makes you sound small not tough or intelligent.

Maybe you were busy counting losses to games we havent played instead of actually reading my post.  I predicted a losing season that might still put us in a bowl, which would be an interesting predicament for the administration (and ur worst nightmare).  What I think you are prob upset over is the suggestion that we could beat 2 terrible sec opponents.  One is 0-4 and the other is 1-3 and just lost their starting QB.  If we did, that might throw a wrench in things which screws up several agendas.  Does that about sum it up tough guy?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Justagp on October 23, 2017, 10:01:25 pm

Hmm, did you just drink and post?

Let's try to stay on topic. ;D

(notOM)Rebel123

We'll be lucky to win 2 more...CBB is gone.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggiedawg

I think JL is stupid enough to give BB one more year.
  #Uncommon

swineology

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 12:29:30 pm
I just don't see any way he returns.

Member the Nutt years 4-7, 5-6? I do and so do the BOT members
2 more wins and he's good for year 6 as long as some assistants  fall on the sword. It's what lame duck coaches do.

Anderson gone

Scott gone

Enos gone

texas tush hog

Delusional.

Boardon Hamsay

Im a CBB supporter. Even now... Just thought it was important to point that out because it immediately gets everyone all lathered up.  CAUTION:  optimism and sarcasm to follow. 

I say to each their own most of the time. However, I'm curious what you do as a CBB supporter that causes others to bathe? Additionally, what are these folks getting lathered up with? Is it like a bar soap or body wash lathering or more of a slathering orange marmalade all over their inner thigh program? Or just a lathered up, drunken orgy of violence? Just want to make sure we level set for direction of the thread purposes. Thanks.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 24, 2017, 09:20:36 pm

Delusional.
Which part?  The part where I think if he makes it to a bowl game It will get interesting or the part where I think we have a legit shot against the other 2 worst teams in the SEC.  Dont just be a troll, thats boring.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 24, 2017, 09:26:50 pm
I say to each their own most of the time. However, I'm curious what you do as a CBB supporter that causes others to bathe? Additionally, what are these folks getting lathered up with? Is it like a bar soap or body wash lathering or more of a slathering orange marmalade all over their inner thigh program? Or just a lathered up, drunken orgy of violence? Just want to make sure we level set for direction of the thread purposes. Thanks.
Well that was, different...  but specifically not hating our coach or thinking our team can win a game seems to be unsettling for most. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: cjack on October 23, 2017, 10:01:36 pm
Mediocre implies average and Bielema needs 17 consecutive SEC wins to get to .500 , 17 straight!

When Nutt was let go, his average was above .500.  Nutt was mediocre.  CBB needs over two straight undefeated SEC seasons to climb to mediocre.

Nutt was 5 - 17 against teams in the east other than USCe.  He wasn't mediocre either.  He feasted on weak Mississippi schools.

But he was better than Bielema.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 24, 2017, 09:35:58 pm
Well that was, different...  but specifically not hating our coach or thinking our team can win a game seems to be unsettling for most. 

I see. Carry on.

HawgWyld

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 24, 2017, 09:35:58 pm

What is unsettling is that fans have zero faith in this coach. Who can blame them? If he manages to beat up on some teams that are fighting for the "worst in conference" honors with Arkansas, what of it?

lasthog

The man will finish the season, health permitting, then he will move on.

This is best for all.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 24, 2017, 09:49:00 pm
What is unsettling is that fans have zero faith in this coach. Who can blame them? If he manages to beat up on some teams that are fighting for the "worst in conference" honors with Arkansas, what of it?

You seem to be missing the point.  The Op was titled "CBB to get year 6".  I laid out a scenario that could potentially make that a possibility.  In order to do that, we have to get to a bowl IMO.  To do that we have to beat a bad non conf opponent and the two other worst teams in the conference to even have a shot.  I think we have just as much chance of winning those games as they do. Thats "what of it". 

Pigsknuckles

Without radical change / improvement, I foresee the real possibility of losing 5 in a row at home next year. Three of those could be ugly, and two (Vandy and TU) could be legit upset threats. By that time we will have likely lost to Auburn and aTm. Next season does not set up well for us. If one thinks that the natives are restless now, the home exposure possibilities of five losses in six weeks would bring out the tiki torches and pitchforks. For those who now wonder if things can get any worse...it can. I don't usually submit to the Chicken Little / Debbie Downer mentality, but I am just not seeing a merciful end to this train wreck.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Redhogs

Translation:   Just except mediocrity because we are never gonna really be good again anyway. Accept a 5-7 toilet bowl and be happy about it you silly little peons...so sick of this loser mentality here.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Cylinder

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 23, 2017, 09:37:44 pm

This. As pointed out in another thread, it would take a historic win streak and probable national championship contention to return this record to mediocre in any reasonable time frame.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Cylinder on October 25, 2017, 10:39:28 am
This. As pointed out in another thread, it would take a historic win streak and probable national championship contention to return this record to mediocre in any reasonable time frame.
As pointed out in this thread, I agreed that the SEC record was bad but was really talking about overall win/loss record.  Try scrolling up, works really well.

Redhogs

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 25, 2017, 02:14:03 pm
As pointed out in this thread, I agreed that the SEC record was bad but was really talking about overall win/loss record.  Try scrolling up, works really well.
That's below .500 too...you fail again...just like your clown coach. Scrolling won't fix that.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Redhogs on October 25, 2017, 02:20:52 pm
That's below .500 too...you fail again...just like your clown coach. Scrolling won't fix that.

Tell you what, not really interested in debating the interpretation of a word but I think Im on solid footing.

Mediocre
of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance :ordinary, so-so

MJ2

Why would he want to stay?   

jabberjawls

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 25, 2017, 03:02:27 pm
Tell you what, not really interested in debating the interpretation of a word but I think Im on solid footing.

Mediocre
of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance :ordinary, so-so

If you think we have been mediocre then your sights are set very low.

hoghearted

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 23, 2017, 08:34:39 pm

Yeah, we saw how the interim game worked out before. No thanks.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

East Clintwood

Quote from: MJ2 on October 25, 2017, 03:12:06 pm
Why would he want to stay?   

If he leaves on his own he forfeits everythiing,  $5.9million buyout plus next seasons $4+ million salary.

If we fire him he gets the $5.9.

If he coaches next year he gets the $4+.

Seems like an easy choice to me. 
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: jabberjawls on October 25, 2017, 04:58:38 pm
If you think we have been mediocre then your sights are set very low.

Unfortunately so.  I would like to see more but thats not how we have trended for the past 25 years since joining the SEC. 

9 losing seasons
10 mediocre seasons between 6-8 wins
6 seasons of 9 or more wins

Im hopeful that we play hard but typically feel we are a 7-8 win team.  The point of this post however was more about what could be a catalyst to CBB getting a 6th year not arguing over what constitutes mediocre or not.  Pretty sure history is on my side based on the numbers.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

If I were Bielema's agent I'd be working my tail off to find him a landing spot. Another year of this travesty in Fayetteville and ol' boy's stock as a Head Coach will be as low as you can imagine.

Memphis wouldn't have him. Illinois likely wouldn't take him now. Baylor is out.

Kansas may be our savior.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

grayhawg

I heard he has been told what he needs to do to keep his job one more year, that sounds like Long is safe for now.

Ironhawg

Quote from: grayhawg on October 25, 2017, 05:37:41 pm
I heard he has been told what he needs to do to keep his job one more year, that sounds like Long is safe for now.

Who has been told?  Long or Bielema?

grayhawg

Ironhawg

247Hog

Quote from: grayhawg on October 25, 2017, 05:37:41 pm

I heard no one will show up to games if BB is on the sideline.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan