Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just e-mailed Jeff Long!

Started by Ghost Writer in the Sty, October 23, 2017, 11:20:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pig Maravich

Inhogswetrust

October 23, 2017, 05:00:23 pm #51 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:12:24 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: ricepig on October 23, 2017, 03:54:15 pm
It's fluid......

That's what she said..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Deer numnutts sir--yer hade koach ain't got no benness koachin this here teem of ourn and no how, u dun chossen thu rong cat fer the ride an eye ben round her fer nigh on 75 yrs an aint scen such doins a fore an eye aint a sendin my con tro buetins anywheres ner that there unieveerseitee till younins get this here sicheachen fixed an iffinn you aint got the codds to termmernate that there felller, jest let rice no causin i  kno rice an that how i dun aqueered yore adress an eye will jest cut a choker on up ther and fir his big ass fer yee.  aint airy quit in me and rice will stand up fer me causin he dun nos eye got fir in my belee an u beetrr let this here niicee komuikay eye dun scen u b a flair wornin an hit aint smmart 2 get payin fellers like thisn her all gone an firred up ya here

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 12247 on October 23, 2017, 05:02:33 pm
Deer numnutts sir--yer hade koach ain't got no benness koachin this here teem of ourn and no how, u dun chossen thu rong cat fer the ride an eye ben round her fer nigh on 75 yrs an aint scen such doins a fore an eye aint a sendin my con tro buetins anywheres ner that there unieveerseitee till younins get this here sicheachen fixed an iffinn you aint got the codds to termmernate that there felller, jest let rice no causin i  kno rice an that how i dun aqueered yore adress an eye will jest cut a choker on up ther and fir his big ass fer yee.  aint airy quit in me and rice will stand up fer me causin he dun nos eye got fir in my belee an u beetrr let this here niicee komuikay eye dun scen u b a flair wornin an hit aint smmart 2 get payin fellers like thisn her all gone an firred up ya here

You using a Russian computer?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

al_pigcino

Quote from: LRHawg on October 23, 2017, 12:39:25 pm
Someone email him and tell him he better fire Brett and hire CPR as interim if he wants to make a bowl.
Year   Team   Overall   Conference   Standing   Bowl/playoffs
Iowa State Cyclones (Big 12 Conference) (2009–2015)
2009   Iowa State   7–6   3–5   4th (North)   W Insight
2010   Iowa State   5–7   3–5   T–3rd (North)   
2011   Iowa State   6–7   3–6   8th   L Pinstripe
2012   Iowa State   6–7   3–6   9th   L Liberty
2013   Iowa State   3–9   2–7   T–7th   
2014   Iowa State   2–10   0–9   10th   
2015   Iowa State   3–9   2–7   9th   
Iowa State:   32–55   16–45   
Total:   32–55   

You want to replace a guy who has a losing record with another guy who has a losing record....from a lesser conference?  ???

Redhogs

Quote from: Ghost Writer in the Sty on October 23, 2017, 11:20:27 am
"Please get rid of Brett Bielema, the most overpaid person in the United States!  An embarrassment and a disaster."

Anyone can Google U of A athletic dept. to get his internet address.
Next time try a hand written note.  ;) ;) ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Inhogswetrust

WMHawgfan

"Please get rid of Brett Bielema, the most overpaid person in the United States!  An embarrassment and a disaster."

I am sure his secretary got a good laugh right before she trashed it. Not sure why you guys waste your time writing these emails when there is 0% chance he sees it.

elviscat

Post JL email address and less see how many he will respond too.

grayhawg

elksnort

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2017, 12:24:11 pm
The best way to speed up a change is to boycott the games.
EXACTLY. And by the way, my comment the other night about the offensive line being the only problem was hyperbole. You called bull on it and correctly so.
However, I do think its the main problem.

ur

Quote from: ricepig on October 23, 2017, 12:41:08 pm
Campbell's buyout is $9.4m

http://footballscoop.com/news/anyone-coming-matt-campbell-better-prepared-break-bank/

I'm not Wally's attorney but I don't think football scoop is reading that correctly. It looks like he only pays back the base pay plus the additional compensation to equal the total compensation. The incentives aren't added into the buyout. Therefore his buyout after 2017 is $6.2 million. I can't imagine he would agree to buyout a package that included incentives that aren't guaranteed.
https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2016/5/13/11672082/breaking-down-matt-campbells-contract-with-iowa-state-football-2016

Ghost Writer in the Sty

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 23, 2017, 03:36:45 pm
Not gone to the games, emailed Jeff Long, posted on Hogville, and called into several 5th quarter shows on 103.7 The Buzz with a well articulated list of why Bret Bielema is failing and why he should be replaced, and I've be able to do so without coming off as an ignorant yayhoo.

"Coming off as an ignorant yayhoo" ?  You obviously have worked yourself into a frenzied lather over my post.  I am a college grad and a very successful businessman and will stack my intellectual abilities and accomplishments against yours any day.

You are the one needing to take some self improvement courses.  (anger management, etc.)  I suspect you search this board hoping to find any post with a grammatical error, or anything remotely not 100% correct (in your mind anyways), so that you can demonstrate your self perceived but delusional superiority. 

Why don't you apply your misguided fervor toward correcting someone on an internet sports forum to actually helping someone in society.  Go volunteer at Goodwill, the Salvation Army or any other worthy cause.  It will probably be good for your health.  (Don't let the Yayhoos get to you again!)

ricepig

Quote from: ur on October 23, 2017, 05:44:48 pm
I'm not Wally's attorney but I don't think football scoop is reading that correctly. It looks like he only pays back the base pay plus the additional compensation to equal the total compensation. The incentives aren't added into the buyout. Therefore his buyout after 2017 is $6.2 million. I can't imagine he would agree to buyout a package that included incentives that aren't guaranteed.
https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2016/5/13/11672082/breaking-down-matt-campbells-contract-with-iowa-state-football-2016

Well, it wouldn't be the first time those guys at Footballscoop were wrong, I'm pretty sure they said the "Henry Heave" was an illegal play.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: LRHawg on October 23, 2017, 12:39:25 pm
Someone email him and tell him he better fire Brett and hire CPR as interim if he wants to make a bowl.

This is a dreadful idea. Why would you want to open the door for an interim to have a chance? I swear our fan IQ is bottom of the barrel. Must be why so many scream on 3rd down when WE have the ball.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

rzrbackramsfan

This had an effect. 

Think if brets secretary was like, he we got 5000 emails today saying to fire Bret as opposed to not receiving any.

Ghost Writer in the Sty

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 23, 2017, 06:17:27 pm
This had an effect. 

Think if brets secretary was like, he we got 5000 emails today saying to fire Bret as opposed to not receiving any.

That is exactly the point.  If some just say  "FIRE BIELEMA", the point would be made.   And, if enough are sent, it might send a message that Long will have to acknowledge.

But be sure and have Dwight Shrute proofread your message to Long.  Apparently they have to meet his standards to be effective.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jabberjawls on October 23, 2017, 03:49:23 pm
Keep up the good work, but remember not everyone that supports the UofA has had the luxury of getting an education.  To say that people who are not articulate should keep their mouth's shut is promoting elitism.  I don't agree with that school of thought.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 12247 on October 23, 2017, 05:02:33 pm
Thanks for chimin' in, Sargent York!

hog.goblin

KennyForAD

Quote from: jabberjawls on October 23, 2017, 03:49:23 pm
Keep up the good work, but remember not everyone that supports the UofA has had the luxury of getting an education.  To say that people who are not articulate should keep their mouth's shut is promoting elitism.  I don't agree with that school of thought.

Agreed, to a point.  But if you want to be taken seriously, in a letter, you should learn how to spell the names right.   

hoglady

Ya'll are getting way too wrapped up in the exact details of the email.
The point was made - that's really all that matters.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PORKULATOR

congratulations on the apex of your importance as a human being. You're done now, you can retire, take er easy.
And,  forever be a self important bag of feminine vinegrette.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

popcornhog

Did you suggest hiring Denis Mallet to replace Brett?
WPS

johnny cash

You know I'm tired of BS. Like I'm tired of excuses. If I wanted excuses I would be back at foghorns when they tell me I'll have my wings in 5. I'll get them in 20 minutes cold and that is same excuse. I'm sick of the insanity. Like we can't do any better. We can. Just refuse the wool the higher ups pull on u. There are sheep, and herders. If u believe the BS than u deserve to be miserable. I've read my last BS post . Burt and Yankee Doodle dandy should be gone yesterday.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 23, 2017, 05:03:39 pm
You using a Russian computer?

If so, I bet he's typing it from a White House staff room.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ghost Writer in the Sty

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 23, 2017, 10:30:03 pm
congratulations on the apex of your importance as a human being. You're done now, you can retire, take er easy.
And,  forever be a self important bag of feminine vinegrette.

WOW!  All this over an e-mail to Long. I now realize why I haven't posted here for some time. (and probably won't again anytime soon)  Too many neurotic nincompoops who get more satisfaction in trying to put someone down rather than discussing relevant Hog news such as the AD and head coach.  Porkulator, I'm sure you must be a prime example of learning and success but your ignorance and lack of taste has gotten the best of you tonight.  Go have another drink and sleep it off.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2017, 05:07:06 pm
Next time try a hand written note.  ;) ;) ;)

He'll probably even offer you a job.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

tuskaloosa

Please anybody, what is Jeff Long's email address?

greasy_corner

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Ghost Writer in the Sty on October 23, 2017, 11:56:57 am
Granted.......one e-mail won't effect anything.  But if every one who left their seats early on Saturday did so, he might realize that there is more to it than he currently believes.
Yeah I really don't think there is any great secret about what's happening right now.

TebowHater

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

pigmania

If you haven't written a check out for at least $50,000 or more, then your letter will never get read by Jeffrey.

hog.goblin