Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front row experience behind the bench saturday.

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 23, 2017, 10:46:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

Quote from: Pigstie on October 23, 2017, 11:18:39 pm
Well it sounds like we need to offer 25 scholarships and pull some current ones.

Without a doubt at the end of the year when we make a change some will transfer. It always happens in these situations. Bret will be gone. I do not think he is a full blown addict like the people above me are speculating.

This job is too big, and too hard for him. He was never a good fit. Now he has a family. I think he will leave on his own, or be fired. I think he has mailed it in here, and wants to leave as much as we want him to leave.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 24, 2017, 01:50:57 am
Very hard for the guy in charge to restore morale once it's been lost.  Usually, change is the only solution...  he will never be able to restore morale or order here now.  It's over!

Even worse, the next coach is gonna have a tough time restoring morale as well.  It's gonna take some serious house cleaning, I'm afraid.

Having stated this, I agree with Oklahawg; if CBB manages a bowl game this year he will have pulled off the biggest coup since Auburn's kick-6 and deserves a shot at next year.  And next year would be do or die, no second chances.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

elksnort

Quote from: moses_007 on October 23, 2017, 08:29:15 pm
He's declined two interviews since the game, one by CBS Sports and another by the Associated Press.  He is in hiding.
Just curious, how did you learn of this?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: madison on October 24, 2017, 02:32:56 am
Bret was quite the drinker in Madison, in fact there was a group of boosters on call who took him home when he got too drunk. The bartenders at his favorite watering holes knew who to call. The bigger issue was him hitting on waitresses and hooking up with coeds when the drinking happened. People say that's partly why Jen wanted to get the hell out of Madison. Too many of his former conquests running around.
I've been told the same by badger fans over on buckyville
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.