Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alright, let’s see them! Who is in your top 3 and why?

Started by online-with-swine, October 22, 2017, 08:05:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Gary Patterson. do whatever it takes to get him to Arkansas.if Patterson won't come,my next choice is Mike Gundy.after that i go with Matt Campbell of Iowa.State.

We need Tex and LA connections.  We also need to be considered first in every Arkansas players mind before rolling off to BAMA or Aubbie.  Gus could likely take care of the Arkansas Guys and more Texans would come if he was here, though there may be better hires that could get Texans coming here.  My choices are:

1.  Gus
2.  Venables
3.  Brohm

I do not believe we will find anyone that will up set BAMA on a regular basis and run roughshod over Aubbie and LSU in their good years, nor hammer the good east teams when they are solid good.  But I do believe Gus could put us at 8 plus wins nearly annually with more sometimes and lots more in 1 of 6 years.  I just hope to be in the upper one half of the SEC nearly every year and upper 25 percent maybe 1 n 5 years. 

With what we got now, it will be a mircale year when we finish in the top one half of the conference.

Hogs-n-Roses

texas tush hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 23, 2017, 06:01:30 pm
Gary Patterson. do whatever it takes to get him to Arkansas.if Patterson won't come,my next choice is Mike Gundy.after that i go with Matt Campbell of Iowa.State.

I will repeat what I said 5 years ago. Patterson will never leave TCU. I think Gundy is playing us. Ricepig says that Campbell has a $9.8 million dollar buyout. Even so, Tennessee can and will pay it. I don't think we will. Look for him on top of ol Rocky Top next year. Unless Jeffie is a bigger fool than I think, we will have Mike Norvell next year.

ur

I think footballscoop miscalculated Campbell's buyout. I think it is $6.2 million plus  200k to pay off Toledo.
He has jumped in front of Brohm for me due to having already turned around a couple of programs. Norvell is the cheapest buyout by far. Those are my top three. 

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2016/5/13/11672082/breaking-down-matt-campbells-contract-with-iowa-state-football-2016

Boardon Hamsay

Mike Rowe is now my top choice. Pressers would be a good listen and he's managed some dirty jobs.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

WaltonCollege

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 22, 2017, 10:01:58 am
Kurt Anderson

Yes! And we should be able to get him on the cheap. Dude everyone's freaking out for no reason we are set.

Hawg Life

Quote from: ur on October 23, 2017, 08:27:45 pm
I think footballscoop miscalculated Campbell's buyout. I think it is $6.2 million plus  200k to pay off Toledo.
He has jumped in front of Brohm for me due to having already turned around a couple of programs. Norvell is the cheapest buyout by far. Those are my top three. 

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2016/5/13/11672082/breaking-down-matt-campbells-contract-with-iowa-state-football-2016

I think Norvell would fit in perfectly @ Arkansas!! He's my 1 up and comer by far, and with a SOLID DC the sky's the limit!!

hhousewps

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on October 22, 2017, 11:04:45 pm
BB had a great resume, we see how that’s turned out.

Norvell, while not my first choice, would def be top three on the list and we could do much worse.

Yes he inherited a good situation, thanks to Fuente, but he hasn’t missed a beat there.

He’s a good coach, and one that won’t be available for long.

The difference is that Bielema had ZERO experience building a program as a HC. Which is the point many are making. Sure his resume was fantastic and at the time he looked like a great hire. But we're staring down a historic rebuild situation. As such I'd much prefer someone who has experience rebuilding a program than someone who just took over a successful program and were able to run with it.

This is the first time since 1959 that Arkansas has gone 6 years without a 9 win season. That is a historical low for the program.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: hhousewps on October 23, 2017, 09:24:10 pm
The difference is that Bielema had ZERO experience building a program as a HC. Which is the point many are making. Sure his resume was fantastic, but given what we know now, I would MUCH prefer a guy that has experience rebuilding a program than just someone who had a good record after taking over a team that was winning 9 to 10 games a season before him.

Well yeah I would too.

I'd much prefer Fuente, or some of the other names being floated, but you don't always get what you prefer.

Word is Norvell would take the job if offered, so I'm just saying if the others decline he would be a good option despite his realtively short resume.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

kp72204

Chip Kelly- would field exciting offense\ flip side defense would BG e bad(I'm sure we wouldn't notice)
Venables- didn't see Clemson with many 5* till now.
Malzahan- got a feeling that nobody would work harder.

At end of day I got feeling CBB will be back. I hope I'm wrong but fate doesn't want me happy yet.

Oh yeah wouldn't mind Barry Alvarez either. Knows how to win despite distractions

Hawgphat

Moe, Larry and Curly.

They could hardly be worse.

:(

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

plumbhog

Gus is who we need. He would be the best recruiter, hardest worker, and could not be lured away with more money after he made us relevant again. He's a proven winner everywhere he's been. And its probably now or never. There is not a better fit out there. Like him as a person or not doesn't matter. If you want to win Gus is who we need to get now. The sooner the better.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M