Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To the Fire Jeff Long crowd

Started by theFlyingHog, October 22, 2017, 06:33:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

greasy_corner

A hide tide floats all boats. 

Sapperhog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 06:33:55 am
I will join you if CBB is retained after this disaster of a season. But for now you all look very ignorant. Long is doing a very good job and doing it the right way. He will not make Arkansas a place where coaches are afraid to come. You're right, the BB hire has turned out to disastrous but it WAS a good hire at the time. Long hasn't fired BB yet because he wants to be able to hire a respectable coach and that won't happen if everyone knows they won't be given a fair shake here. We may be getting laughed at but the only reason is wins and losses, not motorcycle wrecks with volleyball players and not because we fire coaches every three games. LONG WILL GET RID OF CBB, I promise.

I know some Long haters are just ignorant rednecks who think he is a carpetbagger; the rest of us will just continue to laugh at you.

Poor misguided soul. If you believe that statement you made, you have no clue of his history and the situation at Sconnie. He was never a good hire for us. He was simply a big name in CFB at the time. Period.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Augustus on October 23, 2017, 07:08:10 pm
It's pretty obvious... if the entire nation thinks Bret's buyout is $15 Million, then everyone starts the conversation about Bielema's job with: "Jeff Long & the UofA can't realistically afford to fire Bielema"

Obviously many of you should have stopped and asked yourselves, who put this number out there and who is responsible for following up and ensuring it is correct.  Now all of a sudden it is proven to be incorrect why?  Is it because it is new information or is it because nobody cared enough to look before?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

October 23, 2017, 10:37:02 pm #103 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:22:50 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: HoggyCat on October 23, 2017, 08:29:56 pm
Three BIG cases. And no, they weren't handled. The rape was grossly mishandled. The golfers he put off "pending legal action". And he didn't do squat to the volleyball coach; he actually just turned his head when the complaints came in....  just like he always does.
You should fill the void left by Roberto Shields, because your fiction is top-shelf.

#fakenews
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: Sapperhog on October 23, 2017, 09:25:04 pm

Poor misguided soul. If you believe that statement you made, you have no clue of his history and the situation at Sconnie. He was never a good hire for us. He was simply a big name in CFB at the time. Period.
Other than a few Hogville posters, that will complain about anything and everything, most of the world agreed at the time.  Hell up until the collapse against Mizzou and VT, they probably still did.

Augustus

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 23, 2017, 10:33:56 pm
Obviously many of you should have stopped and asked yourselves, who put this number out there and who is responsible for following up and ensuring it is correct.  Now all of a sudden it is proven to be incorrect why?  Is it because it is new information or is it because nobody cared enough to look before?

Well... it was put out there 2 years ago by all local & state media in Arkansas (including the Ar Dem-Zet), which was then picked up by National media & regional sportswriters.

It is new information because after Bielema's seat started to get really warm recently, the Ar Dem-Zet paid a group of lawyers (either in-house or 3rd party) to thoroughly review the contract... and came upon the realization the buyout was only $5 Million.

Others in the media have commented (paraphrasing) "the lawyers' review of Bielema's contract is just now being done, because it can get very expensive to pay lawyers to review something like that, and was deemed unnecessary at the time of contract extension in 2015"

DeltaBoy

Fire Jeffery Integrity Long and Baby Huey too.  Wins have became Uncommon and Losing with Integrity just SUCKS!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: Augustus on October 24, 2017, 10:36:17 am
Well... it was put out there 2 years ago by all local & state media in Arkansas (including the Ar Dem-Zet), which was then picked up by National media & regional sportswriters.

It is new information because after Bielema's seat started to get really warm recently, the Ar Dem-Zet paid a group of lawyers (either in-house or 3rd party) to thoroughly review the contract... and came upon the realization the buyout was only $5 Million.

Others in the media have commented (paraphrasing) "the lawyers' review of Bielema's contract is just now being done, because it can get very expensive to pay lawyers to review something like that, and was deemed unnecessary at the time of contract extension in 2015"

Expensive to review, lol?

EastexHawg

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 23, 2017, 08:51:38 pm
Jim Grobe may have done a great job here.  We will never know that. He did well at Wake Forest and took them to an Orange Bowl.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad he turned it down and I am not on board keeping BB and Long needs to pull the trigger but I will not hold Jim Grobe against him. 

Jim Grobe, Tommy Bowden, and John L. Smith were such good coaches that they have all been unemployed for years (I know Grobe was an interim at Baylor last year) since Jeff Long either hired or tried to hire them.  Take a look at who Grobe beat in his ACC winning year in 2006.  Florida State was terrible, Clemson was fair at best (under Bowden), and he beat a mediocre Georgia Tech team 9-6 to get the Orange Bowl berth.  Does anyone remember those Georgia Tech teams?  They had a QB, Reggie Ball, who completed about 48% of his passes for his career...and 44% the season Grobe and Wake beat him in that barnburner championship game...but made up for his inaccuracy by averaging less than 3 yards per carry as a runner.  But I digress...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 23, 2017, 09:16:05 pm
A hide tide floats all boats. 

How in the heck do you hide a tide.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 24, 2017, 11:30:49 am
How in the heck do you hide a tide.......................

It comes in with the hurricane's storm surge?

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 24, 2017, 11:30:07 am
Jim Grobe, Tommy Bowden, and John L. Smith were such good coaches that they have all been unemployed for years (I know Grobe was an interim at Baylor last year) since Jeff Long either hired or tried to hire them.  Take a look at who Grobe beat in his ACC winning year in 2006.  Florida State was terrible, Clemson was fair at best (under Bowden), and he beat a mediocre Georgia Tech team 9-6 to get the Orange Bowl berth.  Does anyone remember those Georgia Tech teams?  They had a QB, Reggie Ball, who completed about 48% of his passes for his career...and 44% the season Grobe and Wake beat him in that barnburner championship game...but made up for his inaccuracy by averaging less than 3 yards per carry as a runner.  But I digress...
Outside of Smith, did those coaches coach at Arkansas?  No. Nobody is hired until the sign the document.

Get over it.

Even so, those coaches can't be worse than Frank's last three hires.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

GuvHog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 24, 2017, 11:40:05 am
Outside of Smith, did those coaches coach at Arkansas?  No. Nobody is hired until the sign the document.

Get over it.

Even so, those coaches can’t be worse than Frank’s last three hires.

Your last line has been proven wrong by multiple people. Let it go.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: GuvHog on October 24, 2017, 11:42:52 am
You lost the simple poll before it was trashed for no reason...

Get over it old timer. You're past your prime.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2017, 11:39:56 am
It comes in with the hurricane's storm surge?

Never thought of that. Good one.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: GuvHog on October 24, 2017, 11:42:52 am
1990-97 a worse stretch than the current stretch.

Thanks Frank.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!