Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GT Style - Flexbone Triple Option

Started by twistitup, November 01, 2017, 11:59:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jabberjawls

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 02, 2017, 11:48:15 am
That's the problem with the mentality on this board!! You think because KH didn't go bowling every year at Rice that means he is a bad coach! You probably think that if Nick Saban was at Rice he would be winning! Because, all the players Nick has would have gone to Rice? You can't compare the 2. The fact KH went bowling, beat Notre Dame and went 10-2 with Air Force talent proves you can coach. The football writers agreed by naming him coach of the year. I could win 9 games with Bama's players!
First of all, I didn't say KH couldn't coach.  I thought he was a fairly good coach.  I simply asked how he fared at Clemson and Rice.  If he was so good, why didn't he get a better job offer than Rice?    And since you brought up Air Force, did you forget to remind us that Notre Dame was only 7-5 that year?  Did you also intentionally leave out that excluding the 1983 year, Hatfield's record at AF was 16-30-1?  Even including the 1983 record, Hatfield was 26-34-1 at Air Force.  Under either scenario, those are losing records.   The REAL problem with this board is posters who CHERRY PICK facts to fit their agenda.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: twistitup on November 01, 2017, 11:59:32 am
My sources are saying we will be running the Flexbone Triple Option in the near future... J Long is impressed w Georgia Tech's identity and is looking to tap into that style of offense.

Don't know how good it will work in the SEC but maybe will will see...

My sources say that since we don't have a lot of linemen that accomplish much, we will be running the Emory and Henry offense in the near future.

HoopS

This topic came up on Sirius XM. The thought was that somebody else would pull the trigger on that sort of offense and their suggestion was that it would be a big conference school who may struggle to recruit nationally. The thought was that what would that offense look like if you had legit SEC/Big Ten players running it. Their team they said was perfect was Nebraska. We are very similar to Nebraska though. They were talking about Niumatalolo.

East Clintwood

Quote from: lstewart on November 02, 2017, 11:19:28 am
My son and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. He said the GT offensive coordinator is a former Hog QB under Hatfield, is from Rogers, and could be our crazy off the wall hire to run the triple option!

Father/Son communication is extremely important in building a close and loving relationship between a father and his sons.  Having open and honest talks is key to building a strong relationship.  I encourage fathers to speak to their sons often and be open to exchanging ideas and advice whenever possible.

Except for you and you son.  You should never speak to each other again.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Been10Hog

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 02, 2017, 12:04:40 pm
First of all, I didn't say KH couldn't coach.  I thought he was a fairly good coach.  I simply asked how he fared at Clemson and Rice.  If he was so good, why didn't he get a better job offer than Rice?    And since you brought up Air Force, did you forget to remind us that Notre Dame was only 7-5 that year?  Did you also intentionally leave out that excluding the 1983 year, Hatfield's record at AF was 16-30-1?  Even including the 1983 record, Hatfield was 26-34-1 at Air Force.  Under either scenario, those are losing records.   The REAL problem with this board is posters who CHERRY PICK facts to fit their agenda.
I'm not cherry picking anything! You're cherry picking Notre Dames record! So what! Are you saying Air Force had more talent than Notre Dame!! He found a way to beat teams that had better talent! If that isn't the definition of a good coach then I don't know what is! Isn't that exactly what we have to find now? A coach who can find a way to win with inferior talent! We are never going to have 5* recruits fighting over themselves to get into the UofA! Quit being so myopic with numbers of wins and look at the big picture?

clutch

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 01, 2017, 02:55:05 pm
You actually see a version of the triple option quite often, it is just ran out of the shotgun with 4 WRs and a running QB.

Not too much difference, it is just spread out to allow more running lanes.

Scott Frost does a lot of Triple Option based spread stuff.

jabberjawls

Isn't that exactly what we have to find now? A coach who can find a way to win with inferior talent! We are never going to have 5* recruits fighting over themselves to get into the UofA!
VOILA!  We agree!

Been10Hog

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 02, 2017, 12:43:25 pm
Isn't that exactly what we have to find now? A coach who can find a way to win with inferior talent! We are never going to have 5* recruits fighting over themselves to get into the UofA!
VOILA!  We agree!
Now how can we make it happen!! I don't have the money of Ole Miss boosters! I hope you do 8)

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: twistitup on November 01, 2017, 11:59:32 am
My sources are saying we will be running the Flexbone Triple Option in the near future... J Long is impressed w Georgia Tech's identity and is looking to tap into that style of offense.

Nelson Stokley says hi