Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UFC 182

Started by SwazyHog, January 03, 2015, 06:56:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

I think Jon Jones is going to beat Daniel Cormier bad. Cormier's only chance is to get Jones on the ground and use his short stature to submit him. Outside of that, Bones is going to lay a beating on him!

"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

yraciv

Agreed! I'm not a huge UFC fan, but I am a huge Jones fan and tune in every time he fights.

Hoggle

I kind of like Cormier. Anybody got a link to fight?

Dillar Dog

It's hard not to like him and easy to not like Jones.  Jones is one of the biggest doosh bags in the sport which puts him high in the running for biggest worldwide.

SwazyHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 04, 2015, 12:59:05 am
It's hard not to like him and easy to not like Jones.  Jones is one of the biggest doosh bags in the sport which puts him high in the running for biggest worldwide.
Easy not to like Jones? I guess you don't like the best light heavyweight in UFC history. Bones is a real champion and fat little Cormier never stood a chance. Bones sat him down at the end of the 4th round and palmed his head like he was a little kid. Cormier, much like Sonnen is good at running his mouth but never backing up. If you're a true fight fan, consider yourself blessed to be able to witness a talent like Jon Jones. He's a once in a lifetime fighter.
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

Dillar Dog

Yes, he's very good.  I never said he wasn't.

Read my earlier post slower if you need to.

yraciv

Quote from: SwazyHog on January 04, 2015, 08:26:30 am
Easy not to like Jones? I guess you don't like the best light heavyweight in UFC history. Bones is a real champion and fat little Cormier never stood a chance. Bones sat him down at the end of the 4th round and palmed his head like he was a little kid. Cormier, much like Sonnen is good at running his mouth but never backing up. If you're a true fight fan, consider yourself blessed to be able to witness a talent like Jon Jones. He's a once in a lifetime fighter.

When you are the best at what you do it is going to come with haters. People look at his pre fight talks and think it's cockiness and arrogance.  Where as I take it as confidence and your in the promotion business so you've got to build the hype.  Then there are the haters that call him fake. What does that even mean? Jones usually says the right thing on camera, is gracious for his fans, and you can't question his work ethic.  DC brought this on himself, and has always had it out for Jones.  Well look what happened, the better fighter won.  Jones isn't like this before all his fights, confident sure, but he doesn't usually seek out to feud with his competition.

I think a lot of people hate Jon Jones because they are more accustomed to the old school MMA.  They didn't want to see a young gun come in and beat the like of legends like Machida, Belfort, Rua, Rampage, & others.  That and he has a unique fight style different than those before him.

That being said I'd like to see an approval poll on who roots for Jon Jones.  Maybe it's who I hang out with, but I think it would show overwhelming support.  Especially between the 20-30 demographic and African American community.

Hogfly

I haven't been following MMA for a while (I followed pretty closely 10 years or so ago). I've always loved Anderson Silva. To me, Jones reminds me of Silva in how complete he is. Silva also exuded that same type of confidence that put a lot of people off.

Anyway, I like Jones, and I really like the way he fights. My sons are getting into wrestling, so I love seeing someone with a solid wrestling background do well.

All that being said, last night's fight hardly seemed fair. Jones had the obvious striking advantage with his reach. Then he had the better ground game. The only chance DC had was to get in and do some dirty boxing. Jones let him do that a bit one round, but then dominated the rest.

Also: I watched 3 fights leading up to the main event. They pretty much sucked. I did like how Cowboy kicked the crap out of the young punk at the end of that fight, though. Holy cow. He just humiliated that kid.

SwazyHog

Quote from: Hogfly on January 04, 2015, 04:36:25 pm
I haven't been following MMA for a while (I followed pretty closely 10 years or so ago). I've always loved Anderson Silva. To me, Jones reminds me of Silva in how complete he is. Silva also exuded that same type of confidence that put a lot of people off.

Anyway, I like Jones, and I really like the way he fights. My sons are getting into wrestling, so I love seeing someone with a solid wrestling background do well.

All that being said, last night's fight hardly seemed fair. Jones had the obvious striking advantage with his reach. Then he had the better ground game. The only chance DC had was to get in and do some dirty boxing. Jones let him do that a bit one round, but then dominated the rest.

Also: I watched 3 fights leading up to the main event. They pretty much sucked. I did like how Cowboy kicked the crap out of the young punk at the end of that fight, though. Holy cow. He just humiliated that kid.
That Cowboy kicking the crap out of that kid was great, you can tell he was so frustrated b/c the kid kept running from him. I agree the under cards of the fight weren't that great but if you watched the prelims on FoxSports1 before the PPV started you would have seen several good fights, all KOs.

Dillar Dog

Dillar Dog

"Easiest weight cut ever."

Dillar Dog

No suspension even?  Ufc is such a joke.

Dillar Dog

Dillar Dog

Gets dui after crashing his car with a 16 year old girl, tweets homophobic messages and says he got hacked, habitual eye poker, ducker, coke head, and now liar. 

Dooshbag.

Guess I'm not a "true fight fan".

TomasPistola

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 07, 2015, 08:19:57 pm
Gets dui after crashing his car with a 16 year old girl, tweets homophobic messages and says he got hacked, habitual eye poker, ducker, coke head, and now liar. 

Dooshbag.

In my heart I knew there was no way DC was gonna beat Jones at 182. It was clear that Jones was not expending much energy and was just waiting to get in to the championship rounds. Man I'm ready for this chump to lose.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 07, 2015, 08:19:57 pm

Dooshbag.

His passengers were both 25.

Dillar Dog

That's right.  The 16 year old was earlier that day.

Or was she?

And he didn't hide from a random test either.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 07, 2015, 09:27:11 pm
That's right.  The 16 year old was earlier that day.

Or was she?

And he didn't hide from a random test either.

I haven't heard about a 16 year old.

Dillar Dog

Not my fault.

He's a great guy though.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 07, 2015, 09:43:43 pm
Not my fault.

He's a great guy though.

Yeah. I just read up on it. And your facts are WAY off. I have no idea if he's a great guy. But you're just spouting crap about him.

Dillar Dog

Yeah, what do I know?  I just started watching people training ufc with this last ultimate fighter show.

I'm sorry.

yraciv

Believe what you will, but the fact is the 16 year old lives at home with her parents.  From her mouth "she met Jones at the pool she lifeguards at and eventually convinced him to let her drive his Bentley after persisting and she is just a fan".  A 16 year old girl bragging to her buddies and posting to insta about driving Jon Jones Bentley sounds a lot more believable than Jon Jones decided to pick up a 16 year old girlfriend.  I don't know where the she was with him in NY rumors came flying from.

yraciv

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 07, 2015, 10:00:13 pm
Yeah, what do I know?  I just started watching people training ufc with this last ultimate fighter show.

I'm sorry.

Tells me all I need to know. You are an old school MMA guy who rejects the new wave and any bandwagon fans.

Dillar Dog

Yeah, that's it.  You got me.

Let's go do a line and get a dui.

Praise Jesus.

hvsupastar

DD.... i've missed you and the mma threads
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

yraciv

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 07, 2015, 10:45:58 pm
Yeah, that's it.  You got me.

Let's go do a line and get a dui.

Praise Jesus.

I'm guessing you think Johnny Football is a dbag as well?

Dillar Dog

Does he fight in one fc?

SwazyHog

Unless Gustafsson beats him the next time they fight you're going to be seeing Bones Jones as the Champ for a long time.

Dillar Dog

If he doesn't get his t:e levels straightened out he'll be fighting in the women's division.

Can't wait for the spin from his buddy on this.

hvsupastar

What am I missing. I read where Jones test levels came back normal.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Dillar Dog

His levels came back way off.

If correct, his body is producing 3 times more estrogen than testosterone.  Or it's he took something to cover something else up.

The plot is thickening rapidly.  Rumors of not being in rehab and hiding from random tests are flying.

Dillar Dog

Results back.  No synthetic test in his system.

hvsupastar

Could be bad post cycle therapy I suppose